ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers FROM Washington…

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
… several qb’s, d back…. All going to Bama? Not the same culture….SE vsPNW

I’m curious what a guy like QB Rodgers ends up doing. What high level P5 team has a starting spot available? Does he settle to be a starter at a G5 team?

Washington fans are hilarious. They're taking a play out of the Oklahoma fans' playbook in acting like a scorned ex gf

Calling DeBoer a snake and a liar because he took a better job.

Love watching the meltdown

Washington fans are hilarious. They're taking a play out of the Oklahoma fans' playbook in acting like a scorned ex gf

Tough pill to swallow. Thought they had a premiere coach in a new super conference.

Now they lost the HC, qb, rb, best WR. And enter a new conference where they have to scout 6 teams they haven't played.

Be careful of casting stones. I bet $$$ Matt Rhule would go back to Penn St in a heart beat if that job opened up. Also, I would also bet $$$ Rhule leaves Nebraska at the end of the 2025 or 2026 season because his resume proves it.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
Be careful of casting stones. I bet $$$ Matt Rhule would go back to Penn St in a heart beat if that job opened up. Also, I would also bet $$$ Rhule leaves Nebraska at the end of the 2025 or 2026 season because his resume proves it.
I'm sure he would, and I'm prepared for that day

Only way Penn State wants him is if he's a clear improvement over Franklin which would mean he'd have us near the top of the B1G, in which case he'll be greatly thanked for his efforts.

Regardless, everyone knows Washington to Alabama is a clear step up. There's a reason Washington's pool of candidates is normally P5 coordinators/G5 HC's, while Alabama gets to swing for the fences on whoever they want

If Nebraska and Penn St are looking for a new head coach, their pool of candidates are the same people

You’ll do nothing of the sort. Just blowing smoke.

So you're saying he has no loyalty in his resume except to PSU. Now why anyone skip out right when a team he is building will start to hit it's mark. Another factor would be about how much he enjoys life in Nebraska and it's people.

I have no idea how long Matt Rhule will stay at Nebraska but he will never leave the football program until it is on solid ground and in good hands by his replacement.

… several qb’s, d back…. All going to Bama? Not the same culture….SE vsPNW
You can change the captions from 1969 to SE and 2020 to PNW
images

Or this for PNW
atmosphere-38th-annual-lgbt-gay-pride-march-united-for-equality-in-BYWH6J.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
So you're saying he has no loyalty in his resume except to PSU. Now why anyone skip out right when a team he is building will start to hit it's mark. Another factor would be about how much he enjoys life in Nebraska and it's people.

I have no idea how long Matt Rhule will stay at Nebraska but he will never leave the football program until it is on solid ground and in good hands by his replacement.
Just like Temple hit its mark… and Baylor. I would say damn near anything for $7MM a year.

”…but he will never leave the football program until it is on solid ground…” So, 3 years, possibly 4.

Unless Rhule gets Nebraska to B1G championship contending, Penn State won't want him anyway

Just like Temple hit its mark… and Baylor. I would say damn near anything for $7MM a year.

”…but he will never leave the football program until it is on solid ground…” So, 3 years, possibly 4.
So where would he go in 3 or 4 years because Franklin isn't leaving PSU, so he's not going to PSU any time soon. Franklin is not the hot commodity he once was and he isn't going to do a lateral in move. As most of us know Matt Rhule said he will coach for a long time and I believe a lot of that time will be spent at Nebraska.

So where would he go in 3 or 4 years because Franklin isn't leaving PSU, so he's not going to PSU any time soon. Franklin is not the hot commodity he once was and he isn't going to do a lateral in move. As most of us know Matt Rhule said he will coach for a long time and I believe a lot of that time will be spent at Nebraska.
Well I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Franklin gets fired sometime in the future.

Well I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Franklin gets fired sometime in the future.
I think everyone will get some leeway during the first couple years of the expanded playoff. Starting this year, all the teams who couldn't win a conference championship (i.e. PSU), get a chance to join the big boys and feel like they accomplished something.

So are you saying PSU will be willing to pay him $13+ million a year or are you claiming that Matt will leave to coach at PSU for less money?

Matt Rhule will make $6.5 mil this year, $7.5 mil in 2025, $8.5 mil in 2026, $10 mil in 2027, $11.5 mil in 2028, $12 mil in 2029, and $12.5 mil in 2030. Those numbers don’t include the $1 mil retention bonuses he is scheduled to get on March 1 of 2025, 2027, 2029, and 2030. Not to mention the “Exceptional Performance Bonuses” for reaching certain milestones each season.

So are you saying PSU will be willing to pay him $13+ million a year or are you claiming that Matt will leave to coach at PSU for less money?

Matt Rhule will make $6.5 mil this year, $7.5 mil in 2025, $8.5 mil in 2026, $10 mil in 2027, $11.5 mil in 2028, $12 mil in 2029, and $12.5 mil in 2030. Those numbers don’t include the $1 mil retention bonuses he is scheduled to get on March 1 of 2025, 2027, 2029, and 2030. Not to mention the “Exceptional Performance Bonuses” for reaching certain milestones each season.
IMO, he doesn't leave for money. He only leaves if he feels a stronger connection to the school (ie. his ultimate dream job).

I didn't write anything referring to what Penn St would be willing to pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT