ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors of Coach Prime to FSU if

Only someone in higher education can look at what he's done at CU and think, but "Yeah, I want that for my university."
The ONLY thing I can think is that they view him as a guy that will bring millions into the school. Or at the very least, HOPE that he brings millions into the school.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
In the immortal words of Kurt Vonnegut, that truly would be "taking a flying fvck at a rolling doughnut", and hilarious to watch were it to happen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BTF69
The ONLY thing I can think is that they view him as a guy that will bring millions into the school. Or at the very least, HOPE that he brings millions into the school.

Gotta pay that ACC grant-of-rights exit fee somehow. Great deal for both if it happens.

Reactions: BTF69
I don't know, I feel like Coach Prime would kill it if he had the talent that FSU has. It's nothing like Colorado where he inherited a 1-11 roster and then brought a bunch of new guys in. They are still very much in rebuild mode.

But FSU would be like getting the keys to a Ferrari. Just don't crash it.

Penthouse (so to speak) to outhouse in a nanosecond....

And the AD GONE for original hire

I don't know, I feel like Coach Prime would kill it if he had the talent that FSU has. It's nothing like Colorado where he inherited a 1-11 roster and then brought a bunch of new guys in. They are still very much in rebuild mode.

But FSU would be like getting the keys to a Ferrari. Just don't crash it.

Spot on. Plus he brings whatever strengths he has at CU with him. He'd kill it there

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
His going “home” to FSU would be hilarious. With the talent there, would he get coaches to come, stay and teach the game? Would he let them? Without family members playing would he be involved other than recruiting and bling part of football?

Think he’d blow up free shoes University if he ended up there.

Reactions: Landomatic
Please let this happen. Please. I would love to see CU totally implode. I don't give a frick about FSU one way or the other. A big "meh" from me. Don't love them or hate them. But watching CU become a laughing stock would make my day.

Perfectly stated. Plus, adds an automatic W this year when Deion takes all his talent with him 🙏

Perfectly stated. Plus, adds an automatic W this year when Deion takes all his talent with him 🙏
Indeed! Although I think we will beat CU this year in Lincoln with or without Prime. I am hoping for a repeat of the "Lincoln Assassination" 1992 beat down of CU. I was there. One of THE greatest games I have ever been to at Memorial.

Indeed! Although I think we will beat CU this year in Lincoln with or without Prime. I am hoping for a repeat of the "Lincoln Assassination" 1992 beat down of CU. I was there. One of THE greatest games I have ever been to at Memorial.

Hope you're right, but you're more optimistic than I am. We've upgraded like 5 positions, they've upgraded like 15. And they still have a better QB than we do. I know that's not the commonly accepted narrative around here, but it's reality.

Either way, will obviously be much easier to beat them if they lose some of that talent.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
That game was cathartic on so many different levels. It was the first time NU had beaten CU since 1988.

And it introduced the nation to freshman QB Tommie Frazier. This game was the start of the 90s march despite slip ups to Iowa State and FSU in the bowl game.

Hope you're right, but you're more optimistic than I am. We've upgraded like 5 positions, they've upgraded like 15. And they still have a better QB than we do. I know that's not the commonly accepted narrative around here, but it's reality.

Either way, will obviously be much easier to beat them if they lose some of that talent.
What 10 positions did they upgrade over Nebraska? Seriously, hadn’t heard this… I don’t follow Colorado any more than what this board provides. If what you say is true, they’ll win 10 games next year, not us…

What are the 10 better upgrades?

Reactions: Dylman
What 10 positions did they upgrade over Nebraska? Seriously, hadn’t heard this… I don’t follow Colorado any more than what this board provides. If what you say is true, they’ll win 10 games next year, not us…

What are the 10 better upgrades?

I don't follow them very close either, but enough to know that this board is the last place you should be trying to get info on sCUm. Quick look at the recruiting/transfer classes. They have 20 transfer players and counting. I assume at least 15 of them are upgrades over what they had or they wouldn't have taken them? We have 5 and we're all assuming all 5 are upgrades, or at least improve their positions. They also got the #1 OL recruit in the country. We got Nelson, so call that a wash, although most don't think Nelson we be an immediate impact guy and from everything I've seen, that OL kid for sCUm is expected to be. They beat us last year handily. And their QB, one of our upgrade positions no doubt, and the most important player on the field, is better than ours. Probably by a lot. He's projected top 3 in next year's draft for a reason. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd rather have Deion at FSU with the talent he'd take with him than have to play him again.

It’s number one or two for sure

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I'm not convinced it would be a disaster....hard to say. Very fertile recruiting area and he's well known down there and FSU would give him recruiting juice CU can't match. I think it would be very interesting and as a college football fan. I'm kind of rooting for i
But he IS the juice.

Deion Sanders Sport GIF by Coach Prime

Please let this happen. Please. I would love to see CU totally implode. I don't give a frick about FSU one way or the other. A big "meh" from me. Don't love them or hate them. But watching CU become a laughing stock would make my day.
Yeah, but we have a really bad record against 1st year head coaches at CU, and we owe him, so I’d like him to stick around

It’s number one or two for sure
The only game that was better that I attended in person was beating OU in Lincoln in 1978. I was 20 and drunk and my girlfriend and I were in that crowd that stormed the field. I didn’t help bring down the goal posts, but we did follow the procession of it down O Street. What a day that was! Followed by the shit turds of despair losing to Mizzou the next week.

Reactions: regionsdoc
I don't follow them very close either, but enough to know that this board is the last place you should be trying to get info on sCUm. Quick look at the recruiting/transfer classes. They have 20 transfer players and counting. I assume at least 15 of them are upgrades over what they had or they wouldn't have taken them? We have 5 and we're all assuming all 5 are upgrades, or at least improve their positions. They also got the #1 OL recruit in the country. We got Nelson, so call that a wash, although most don't think Nelson we be an immediate impact guy and from everything I've seen, that OL kid for sCUm is expected to be. They beat us last year handily. And their QB, one of our upgrade positions no doubt, and the most important player on the field, is better than ours. Probably by a lot. He's projected top 3 in next year's draft for a reason. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd rather have Deion at FSU with the talent he'd take with him than have to play him again.
Good grief

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
You based everything on an assumption? Lol.

Why would you bring up Carter Nelson and compare him to their OT? Do you even follow our team? The comparison would be DR, who is also expected to make an immediate impact. Or maybe the OL from Florida.

Did Sanders start this rumor because he isn’t getting the type of kids he needs to be the “Star” is is supposed to be as a coach?

Has he landed new coordinators yet? He FSU LB going back to FSU? Are those failings the signs Sanders has played the CU program and will jump ship?

You do make some reasonable points, but the reason Colorado beat us soundly last year was all QB related. It could have been completely different if we didn’t give away the entire first half. Shedeur was frustrated much of the first half, and if the halftime score was in favor of Nebraska, the second half last year would have looked way different.

I see a completely different game in Lincoln next year, even with a freshman QB. Our upgrades at key positions will make a big difference. Defense loses almost nothing from last year, offensive line will be more experienced and cohesive. Adding 2 portal receivers and a portal RB will only help, and having a QB who can throw the ball to the right players will make a difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT