ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Warner

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
In the premium content it says he is down to two schools and expects a mid week decision. Anyone know the other school?

I am guessing he picks us if he has long term coaching goals; but IA will probably seem an easier place to gain playing time. GBR

I had read somewhere else that it was Arizona State because of closeness to family which is important. I don't think Iowa is a consideration
I have a good buddy who keeps up with the Hawks pretty close and I asked him. He said the staff hadn't been in touch with him in a while now. So this could very well be true that it's not iowa???

I believe his final 3 was NU, ASU and UCLA. UCLA Coaches didn't even talk to him on his visit there so sounds like they might be off the list. Will be interesting to see if he leaves home and his family for Lincoln or stays to play in front of them at ASU.

Would really love to have this kid. His parents showed so much class after his Super Bowl win prioritizing their faith and using that to help others ever since. These are the kinds of folks we want in Lincoln. Hope he signs and has a fabulous career.

Man if a 18 year old has to choose between Arizona St and Nebraska...pretty tough to leave Arizona

They look about the same to me.........
campus-aerial_1.png

about-asu-gallery-1.jpg

Reactions: Bill_Callahan2.0
Most young adults that are serious about football and a potential career there within aren't going to choose a school based on scenery or entertainment. They aren't going on a vacation and most never have that intention nor has that thought crossed their mind. Tuscaloosa is no paradise and is home to 7 STRAIGHT #1 recruiting classes...

Most young adults that are serious about football and a potential career there within aren't going to choose a school based on scenery or entertainment. They aren't going on a vacation and most never have that intention nor has that thought crossed their mind. Tuscaloosa is no paradise and is home to 7 STRAIGHT #1 recruiting classes...

Yep, new cars and cash trump scenery and entertainment every time.

I think there are different definitions of scenery being discussed.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
The scenery at ASU is phenomenal, but when it comes to football the Sun Devils aren't even close to NU. Would be awesome to see him as a Husker.

There are women everywhere. Yes, ASU has more hot cuties. It is what it is. Same with Texas. However, I loved my freshman year in Lincoln. Since this dude has his head on straight and has other priorities, such as school and football, I don't think that NU is out of the discussion.

He made at least one trip to Iowa and a walk-on offer was extended, he just doesn't have the "it" factor Iowa looks for to offer him a full ride.

Do they even have phones in Iowa? They could be using pony express to get the message across to KW.

C'mon, we all onow if Iowa wanted him, he would be there. I mean look at all the WRs they have there. Hell the best WR from their own state flock to IC........wait, not they dont.

Truth prevails! Iowa didn't offer a scholarship but by all means argue away.

Neither did we. He would be a walkon. But stop acting as if your WRs have to have some "it" factor. You guys constantly bicker about being able to get talented WRs to Iowa City.

Neither did we. He would be a walkon. But stop acting as if your WRs have to have some "it" factor. You guys constantly bicker about being able to get talented WRs to Iowa City.
This.....Look, I get they have two wins over us, but I'm sure/hopeful that will change soon and they will still be Iowa.

Reactions: Digger6185
This.....Look, I get they have two wins over us, but I'm sure/hopeful that will change soon and they will still be Iowa.

I've always complimented Ferentz for putting together a coaching staff that gets a lot out of their talent. They don't recruit all that well, but they always put a team on the field where both the OLine and DLine play their tails off. And that's where it all starts.

I'm hopeful that with the infusion of better talent and the changes in DC and other defensive coaching staff we put an end to this nonsense of Iowa beating us. Bo Pelini beat Iowa with regularity, and his defenses sucked bad at times, so Riley needs to start doing the same.

Iowa announced yesterday their new receivers coach, Nathan Copeland. Also, Kade's parents are both from Iowa so he has a lot of attachment to Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT