ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Heupel

Got to think Heupel was hoping a little bit UCF would lose today don't you?
There is no where for him to go from here but down. Will have to maintain success otherwise how quickly do players turn on him?

He’s here to win easy and bag out. Talent is everywhere here and he knows it. We have maybe 2 four star players on the roster. Most are 2.*

I imagine it will be a little like going from T.O to a Solich. Just not the same.
Heupel's a really sharp guy. They should be fine in their league but I don't think any group of 5 or midmajor or whatever you want to call UCF has ever had a year like this and I doubt any will ever again. Hopefully UCF fans realize how tough it is going to be to follow this act. Frost is leaving at the perfect time because the expectations he just set up there are not going to be realistic.

Im sure hes a fine coach and a good man.

But never has a worse QB benefited more from an excellent team thn josh "wince and heave it in the air off my back foot in the general direction of my all star reciever" heupel.

He's clearly a gigantic upgrade over Frost, and will take UCF football to a whole new level.

So if I'm a UCF fan, it only makes sense to exit this site forever and go gloat on the Missouri board.

Please.
This. I’ve never visited another board, but would live over there to watch those two fan bases go at it. Talk about no winners.

Heupel's a really sharp guy. They should be fine in their league but I don't think any group of 5 or midmajor or whatever you want to call UCF has ever had a year like this and I doubt any will ever again. Hopefully UCF fans realize how tough it is going to be to follow this act. Frost is leaving at the perfect time because the expectations he just set up there are not going to be realistic.

I hope Husker fans realize that this was not just a Scott Frost thing. This was a perfect storm. Scott Frost walked into a perfect situation. 0-12 but also a team chock full of talent. A team that had just given up on itself and was void of true leadership. Two years removed from a top 10 finish and one year removed from an AAC championship. At 0-12 Scott Frost was given a blank slate to work with. No long traditions, no high expectations, a relaxed atmosphere in which to work. He added some integral parts to the puzzle and most importantly McKenzie Milton. A 2* guy who is all of 5-11 but is crazy smart. There is no doubt he was able to really get thing going, but even he is shocked at how quickly it turned around. That does not happen unless there is already something there.

Josh Heupel inherits a much more difficult situation than Scott Frost did, just because of the expectations. I think the talent level is a little higher but other than Milton, not significantly higher than when Frost took over. Rating wise the last few GOL classes were highly ranked but under utilized.

Given the current stats of the CFP, Scott Frost is leaving having accomplished just about everything he can.

This was a perfect storm. Scott Frost walked into a perfect situation. 0-12 but also a team chock full of talent. A team that had just given up on itself and was void of true leadership.

I'll take it. Replace 0-12 with 4-8 and that's exactly what he's walking into here.

We sure as hell aren't going undefeated any time soon, but there is no reason we can't compete for our division soon, then compete for the conference.

Reactions: jay-cheese
I'll take it. Replace 0-12 with 4-8 and that's exactly what he's walking into here.

We sure as hell aren't going undefeated any time soon, but there is no reason we can't compete for our division soon, then compete for the conference.
that may be so. Maybe it is my black and gold glasses but I have been a UCF fan since going to school there in 1984 and I have seen more talent on a UCF team but never as much heart. Part of me is thinking that this is a special group of players. I am not so sure it is that easily reproduced. Scott Frost's emotions sort of back that up.

that may be so. Maybe it is my black and gold glasses but I have been a UCF fan since going to school there in 1984 and I have seen more talent on a UCF team but never as much heart. Part of me is thinking that this is a special group of players. I am not so sure it is that easily reproduced. Scott Frost's emotions sort of back that up.

He took the culture Osborne showed him down to Orlando. Now he is bringing it home. Frost and Nebraska will be fine. Bye.

Reactions: SOHusker11

It will not be easily reproduced. Undefeated seasons are rare as hell. Undefeated dragon slayers even rarer. Got to have leaders on the sideline, in the booth, on both sides of the ball, a special QB, and a bit of luck down the stretch.

He's clearly a gigantic upgrade over Frost, and will take UCF football to a whole new level.

So if I'm a UCF fan, it only makes sense to exit this site forever and go gloat on the Missouri board.

Please.
RollingLaugh
Oh no. We are a part of your board now. You guys loved being on our board, so we are returning the favor.

Reactions: knightraveler
Fantastic! Now can we proclaim January 2nd National Banning Day and remove this scourge of UCF fans that has infested our board for the last month and a half? I would say every bit as much of a pain in the ass as the Missouri, K-State, Colorado, or Iowa fan bases ever were.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I hope Husker fans realize that this was not just a Scott Frost thing. This was a perfect storm. Scott Frost walked into a perfect situation. 0-12 but also a team chock full of talent. A team that had just given up on itself and was void of true leadership. Two years removed from a top 10 finish and one year removed from an AAC championship. At 0-12 Scott Frost was given a blank slate to work with. No long traditions, no high expectations, a relaxed atmosphere in which to work. He added some integral parts to the puzzle and most importantly McKenzie Milton. A 2* guy who is all of 5-11 but is crazy smart. There is no doubt he was able to really get thing going, but even he is shocked at how quickly it turned around. That does not happen unless there is already something there.

Josh Heupel inherits a much more difficult situation than Scott Frost did, just because of the expectations. I think the talent level is a little higher but other than Milton, not significantly higher than when Frost took over. Rating wise the last few GOL classes were highly ranked but under utilized.

Given the current stats of the CFP, Scott Frost is leaving having accomplished just about everything he can.

You certainly have your black and gold colored glasses on. Scott Frost is a super coach and a much better person. He instilled that in his players and coaches. He made you 13-0. I certainly hope that you didn't believe that if Heupel coached the Peach bowl, he would of won. No Way. He will bring those same qualities to Nebraska. Hopefully you all and USF can join the Big 12 someday and bring your school to nationwide relevance...

The #1 scoring offense in the SEC and led Drew Lock QB to a nation LEAD in touchdown passes. That's all.
Not to say Locks stats weren't impressive, but they played a non conference schedule worthy of any Bill Snyder team and ran up the scores and stats against them. Just looked and he had 11 td passes in back to back routs of UConn and frickin Idaho. And seven against powerful Missouri State.

Last edited:
and I doubt any will ever again

You wrong dude. Our friends at S. Florida made it up to #2 nationally a while back.

It just goes to show with the right coaching, and the right mix of talent (forget about stars), a lot can get done, irregardless of the circumstances.

This is how easy it could fall apart for UCF...
1. Top defensive player is left at safety even though he only has one hand
2. Top QB is benched because he had no offers and was only noticed through tryout
3. Top CB and Return man could get the grades in time to go to a dozen other schools.

2 of those decisions were scott frost, one was luck...if even one of those doesn't pan out, especially #1 and #2...this team wins 9-10 games, and is an afterthought.

There is more than one way to go. If this team goes undefeated again, and more impressively, and is riding a 27game win streak into the final rankings, they could sneak in if we have a bunch of 1 and 2 loss teams again. Our schedule looks easier next year, which is a bad and good thing. Pitt and UNC won’t be ranked. Memphis and USF will be down due to big losses on the depth charts. The chances to go undefeated are better, but our schedule is weaker.

Long shot, sure. Possible? Sure.

I remember 1971 like it was yesterday. We had went undefeated and untied and won an NC. I remember thinking, what is the big deal? It is always gonna be like this. Even when we change coaches.

Of course it would be more than 20 years later before it happened again. We did it 3 times in 4 years punctuated by a whopping 3 losses over 5 years.

Relish your year UCF. I know you think many more are coming. Someday you will understand and appreciate what you had this year and just how much this coaching staff accomplished. It is in our nature to run them down when they leave.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I remember 1971 like it was yesterday. We had went undefeated and untied and won an NC. I remember thinking, what is the big deal? It is always gonna be like this. Even when we change coaches.

Of course it would be more than 20 years later before it happened again. We did it 3 times in 4 years punctuated by a whopping 3 losses over 5 years.

Relish your year UCF. I know you think many more are coming. Someday you will understand and appreciate what you had this year and just how much this coaching staff accomplished. It is in our nature to run them down when they leave.

What? Most of our fans are not running down Frost or his staff. There are some fans that are angry. Many of your fans came over to our boards stoking the fire. I know not all Husker fans are dckks but you have your share of them. We do realize how special this season is. A lot of things had to go just right. Hopefully we won't have to wait 20 years to repeat an undefeated season but you never know.

Im sure hes a fine coach and a good man.

But never has a worse QB benefited more from an excellent team thn josh "wince and heave it in the air off my back foot in the general direction of my all star reciever" heupel.
Yep- I remember many, many big plays (passes) where the ball was just thrown a little short, with lots of altitude, and the freakish athleticism of his receivers carried the day. Come-back catches and lots of YAC. Might have been by design.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Boise State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT