ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Stanton.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
signed by the Vikings after a free agent tryout......as a FULLBACK:confused:? They cut another fullback after they signed Stanton so they must like him.

signed by the Vikings after a free agent tryout......as a FULLBACK:confused:? They cut another fullback after they signed Stanton so they must like him.

TE coach loves him as well. He has some nice catches last week. Hope he makes it as a special teamer. He’s Tim Tebow Jr. You want him on your team for everything he stands for. Great kid and family!!

Good luck to him. Did he play at all last year? I know two years ago he had some starts before getting injured.

Did T. Newby ever catch on anywhere after last year's preseason? I know he was cut at the end but I never saw if he was picked up on a practice squad or anything..

TE coach loves him as well. He has some nice catches last week. Hope he makes it as a special teamer. He’s Tim Tebow Jr. You want him on your team for everything he stands for. Great kid and family!!
I thought I saw him play some in a game that I caught. Don't know if it was an injury situation. Big strong kid I just didn't know he was fast enough to be an NFL fullback I guess. Part of him getting signed is Spielman's familiarity with his OC and his family I suspect.

why is a UNLV player talk of the forum ?

What Neb player can we talk about heading to the NFL? One year wonder Lee? I guess he counts as a Husker. Stanton was here longer.
Sad we have to talk the past - what a shocker.

He has zero chance.
probably right. It seems that Spielman is just fine with handing out Viking training camp contracts to former Huskers. That's a resume builder and a nice financial windfall for a kid coming out of college. He'll always have that on his resume if he decides to go in to coaching or some form of athletic business.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT