ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Moglia for UNL AD

I could get behind that
I think there is going to be a good list of candidates. We were turned down by 2-3 before hiring Trev .And the reason? Nobody wanted to come aboard with the Frost situation. Now with Rhule in place. Mens BB on the uptick and Wrestling and the Woman’s sports obviously solid.it’s attractive job.

Live look at Nebraska fans' wish list:

Attack Zombies GIF by South Park

I think there is going to be a good list of candidates. We were turned down by 2-3 before hiring Trev .And the reason? Nobody wanted to come aboard with the Frost situation. Now with Rhule in place. Mens BB on the uptick and Wrestling and the Woman’s sports obviously solid.it’s attractive job.
Wrestling brings nothing to the table

Mack Rhodes needs to be considered, has experience and has hired Matt Rhule before.

Maybe it wouldn’t matter to you if you didn’t know who your permanent boss would be, but it might matter a lot to AD candidates. Since the reporting lines were changed to accommodate Carter’s unique athletic background, it is even possible the new AD wouldn’t know if the boss would be the campus Chancellor or system President. That’s a lot of ambiguity.

Reactions: scarletred
OK, I looked up Joe Moglia's age. Google says he's 74 years old. Setting aside all the jokes and wisecracks about presidential candidates I seriously want someone much younger.
It's in our Nebraska fan DNA to scrape up any name possible that has a connection to Nebraska history. Instead of saying, "give me a list of the top 25 ADs in the country, AT THIS MOMENT, and I guarantee we can hire one of them."

It's in our Nebraska fan DNA to scrape up any name possible that has a connection to Nebraska history. Instead of saying, "give me a list of the top 25 ADs in the country, AT THIS MOMENT, and I guarantee we can hire one of them."
Blasphemy.

Reactions: mgbreis
Rob Zatechka shot this idea down last night. Moglia is loaded, is an East Coast guy and built Coastal Carolina football up into a very good G5 program, he will not take this job. I'm not saying he's a bad candidate, but there are a lot of good candidates that are also not nearing retirement in a place where they are content.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT