ADVERTISEMENT

Jammal Lord/Adrian Martinez

****Cough***joe Ganz***Cough***

Joe was a MUCH better QB than TM
  • Holds 23 Nebraska School Records
  • NU Single-Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (510),
  • Total Offense (528) and Passing TDs (7)
  • Nebraska Season Record Holder for Passing Yards,
  • Pass Completions and Total Offense
  • Second at Nebraska in Career Passing Yards and Touchdown Passes

Incorrect.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Reactions: ADV1
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
You said he was B10 Player of the Year though.

I'll correct myself on him never being 1st Team All Big 10. He was.

I did? I must be going crazy in my old age.. be a pal and show I wrote that so I can edit it.

I do believe Tmart was the co- offensive player of the year, but the official award went to Braxton. I could be remembering incorrectly though.

Reactions: headcard
Are Taylor and Adrian's stats all that different?

AM:
481 for 749 for a 64.2% completion percentage for 5,628 yards and 31 TDS with 21 INTS. 375 rushes for 1,776 yards and 22 TDs at 4.7 YPC.

TM:
575 for 962 for a 59.8% completion percentage for 7,258 yards and 56 TDs with 29 INTS. 535 rushes for 2,975 yards and 31 TDs at 5.1 YPC.

Give Adrian a year without Covid and another year of his supposed best, and he'll surpass the legacy that is the great Taylor Martinez.
Amart is a loser.

I think Lord suffered from the fact that we had basically turned into a QB run offense under Crouch and got away from a true option offense....and when he took over the offense couldn't just turn the old option back on as the option takes repetition and having 3 years of basically running QB draws and QB power changed the way we played. Lord, while a good athlete, did not have the running ability of Crouch.
yeap, dan and buck fumbled alot when solich went from rb coach to head coach, so he made crouch run alot, got crouch the heisman, but made us one dimensional...for colorado and miami to key on.

then lord became our next qb running back....lord was tough though, he would run the ball up the middle like lp...just not as good results..I think martenez should of been used more like a run pass qb..like frazier or gill...
he would be dead running up the middle like lord.

Are Taylor and Adrian's stats all that different?

AM:
481 for 749 for a 64.2% completion percentage for 5,628 yards and 31 TDS with 21 INTS. 375 rushes for 1,776 yards and 22 TDs at 4.7 YPC.

TM:
575 for 962 for a 59.8% completion percentage for 7,258 yards and 56 TDs with 29 INTS. 535 rushes for 2,975 yards and 31 TDs at 5.1 YPC.

Give Adrian a year without Covid and another year of his supposed best, and he'll surpass the legacy that is the great Taylor Martinez.
How many fumbles?

center snap issues and not having Stanley to throw it to killed Adrians confidence IMO. No consistent run game didn't help much either.
I think the snaps really got into AM's head. That would be tough as a QB not knowing where the ball was going to be snapped to every play. If the center can get him the ball in a consistent spot I think he can be dangerous for defenses.

How many fumbles?

Martinez lost a Big Ten-high five fumbles last season, and he's the only player in the FBS with four or more lost fumbles in each of the past three seasons. His 15 career fumbles lost lead all FBS players. “If he truly cares about his teammates, like I know he does,” Verduzco said, “then take care of the ball.

I can't help but compare the two.

While Lord was only a two year starter, he was much maligned by the Husker faithful as not being good enough and the reason why our Huskers lost 10 games during his 2 year tenure.

Fast forward 15+ years later, and those same fans now herald Jammal as a warrior and one of the toughest SOBs to don the Scarlet and Cream.

While AMart has his flaws, he is a very talented QB. He is also a leader, and a kid who actually gives a shit. Like Jammal, he is as tough as they come, and also doesn't have the greatest supporting cast around him and will need to try and carry this team many times this season.

There is a myriad of problems surrounding this year's football team and coaching staff. I'm more than happy we have a kid with the talent and character of AMart behind center to try and lead us out of this land of football oblivion.
I don't know if people remember this (or are too young) but the class that brought in Jammal Lord included a second QB named Carl Crawford. I have always wondered how good of a QB Crawford could have been. Instead he chose to squander his football talents by becoming a MLB Allstar and signing multi-million dollar contracts. What a waste.

He would have been better, but if you saw the effect Frazier had on the 1992 Husker team you would not doubt that he made everyone around him better too. It was like adding turbochargers to a sputtering vehicle.

In the 1993 Orange Bowl against Florida State as massive underdogs and lost 27-14, I saw greatness.

4th and 2, and Tommie pivoted back outside of a doomed option play and ran back to make a 1st down. It was a relatively meaningless 1st down in a game we couldn't win, but he showed his desire and willingness to compete with the best. I truly believe he showed that night to the rest of the team that we could compete with the best and beat them.

Next year we took Charlie Ward and the same #1 'Noles team to the wire (realistically, we all know we won that game), and the '94 and '95 teams in Nebraska football history couldn't be beat.

1 guy has a year left.

The other guys stats are done.

And oh by the way, TM was never even B10 1st team much less Big 10 Player of the Year.

You do realize people remember stuff, and the internet is freely available, right?

Taylor only played in 4 games his Sr year, so even with out those 600 passing yards and 100 rushing yards, his statistics dwarf AM's.

And you are right Taylor was only 1st team All-Big Ten, not the offensive player of the year. So in three years he won 29 games, played for two Conference Championships and was an All-Conference player. Sure you want to keep banging this drum?

If we want to talk about dudes absolutely willing us to wins, let's talk about the man, the myth, the legend of Tommy Armstrong. From the Hail Mary pass vs Northwestern, the comeback against Michigan State in 2015, and how the wheels fell completely off the wagon in 2016 when he was injured.

I don't know if people remember this (or are too young) but the class that brought in Jammal Lord included a second QB named Carl Crawford. I have always wondered how good of a QB Crawford could have been. Instead he chose to squander his football talents by becoming a MLB Allstar and signing multi-million dollar contracts. What a waste.

Too young?

I remember when Wendell Wooten was going to be better than Turner Gill.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Taylor only played in 4 games his Sr year, so even with out those 600 passing yards and 100 rushing yards, his statistics dwarf AM's.

And you are right Taylor was only 1st team All-Big Ten, not the offensive player of the year. So in three years he won 29 games, played for two Conference Championships and was an All-Conference player. Sure you want to keep banging this drum?

Yes, I will.

I think AM still has game and can lead this team to a number of victories. He is far from the detriment many seem to believe.

I'll keep a positive attitude going towards a bunch of kids that I want to win.

Yes, I will.

I think AM still has game and can lead this team to a number of victories. He is far from the detriment many seem to believe.

I hope you are right. We need a good season and I like the kid. But comparing what he has accomplished to TM is crazy.

Yes, I will.

I hope you’re right. I’m not trying to hate on the kid, just sharing my observations over the past three years. I hope he kills it and Frost puts him in a position to succeed.

I hope you are right. We need a good season and I like the kid. But comparing what he has accomplished to TM is crazy.

Why?

The stats aren't all that different. AM can actually throw a forward pass better than TM. Obviously not as quick, but can pound for yards TM never could. He is also a much better leader than TM could ever be.

AM just needs to be the big confident kid we recruited and started as a true frosh.

Why?

The stats aren't all that different. AM can actually throw a forward pass better than TM. Obviously not as quick, but can pound for yards TM never could. He is also a much better leader than TM could ever be.

AM just needs to be the big confident kid we recruited and started as a true frosh.

You are saying these things like they are facts, but seem far from it. You say AM is a better passer, yet TM threw for more 1,600 more yards and 25 more TD's. You say AM is a better leader, yet TM led his team to more than twice as many wins and two Division Championships.

Why?

It sounds like you’re saying AM is better than TM??

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
When your WR's can't get open and you have to hold on to the ball and get sacked or take off running, it will increase fumble chances.

I had season tickets up in the 600 section. Great Xs and Os seats. There were so many times a wide open WR went unnoticed by AMart.

I guess the real question is do we even want AMart throwing the ball?? Last two seasons .. 14 tds & 12 interceptions.

You are saying these things like they are facts, but seem far from it. You say AM is a better passer, yet TM threw for more 1,600 more yards and 25 more TD's. You say AM is a better leader, yet TM led his team to more than twice as many wins and two Division Championships.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Does that mean he is a better QB than Dan Marino?

AM has been a leader since the day he stepped foot on campus.

I had season tickets up in the 600 section. Great Xs and Os seats. There were so many times a wide open WR went unnoticed by AMart.

I guess the real question is do we even want AMart throwing the ball?? Last two seasons .. 14 tds & 12 interceptions.

Well that solves it.

Super fan sees more than the coaching staff because he has Primo seats.

Adrian was 4th in the country last year in completion percentage at 71.5%.

Keep on with the hate. AM without the midget controlling our coaches play-calling will be a massive bonus.

Well that solves it.

Keep on with the hate. AM without the midget controlling our coaches play-calling will be a massive bonus.

Big deal.. my grandma can complete a swing pass.

Well that solves it.

It's not hate, its fact. I'm glad he upped his completion percentage last year, but he still makes so many mistakes that kill our football team. He fumbles a lot, misses a lot of WR's, makes a ton of incorrect reads and is a guy that just never has really went out an won us a game that mattered and seems to fold a little bit in crunch time. Yes he has beat up Illinois, but outside of that can you really recall a game that he played well when it mattered? He has put up some yards against Wisconsin, but has also made a ton of mistakes and a lot of those yards are when the game is basically out of reach. I want to believe in Adrian, I really do, but until he can stop making mistakes and go out and beat a good team like Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. I just don't see it.

I give him credit for getting his body right and taking the criticism of the fanbase well, but at some point you need your QB to feel like he wants it more than anyone. I don't get that vibe from him. If we are ever going to win again we need our QB to be very good and have that killer instinct.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Does that mean he is a better QB than Dan Marino?

AM has been a leader since the day he stepped foot on campus.

That’s cute. Was Dilfer also statistically superior and receive more accolades?

Last edited:
It's not hate, its fact. I'm glad he upped his completion percentage last year, but he still makes so many mistakes that kill our football team. He fumbles a lot, misses a lot of WR's, makes a ton of incorrect reads and is a guy that just never has really went out an won us a game that mattered and seems to fold a little bit in crunch time. Yes he has beat up Illinois, but outside of that can you really recall a game that he played well when it mattered? He has put up some yards against Wisconsin, but has also made a ton of mistakes and a lot of those yards are when the game is basically out of reach. I want to believe in Adrian, I really do, but until he can stop making mistakes and go out and beat a good team like Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. I just don't see it.

I give him credit for getting his body right and taking the criticism of the fanbase well, but at some point you need your QB to feel like he wants it more than anyone. I don't get that vibe from him. If we are ever going to win again we need our QB to be very good and have that killer instinct.
Damn.
Our only problem with winning is our QB?

We bring in Tom Brady we'll win a Natty?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT