ADVERTISEMENT

Jammal Lord/Adrian Martinez

Ah yes.. pointing out a typo instead of answering the question. We get it dude.. you have man-crush on AMart. How many autographs did you get at fan day? Did he sign your man boobs as well?

I do have a nice rack. My manzierre is eloquent, yet manageable and effective.

I'm not sure what your question was to be honest. Were you saying Trent Dilfer was statistically superior to Dan Marino?

I do have a nice rack. My manzierre is eloquent, yet manageable and effective.

I'm not sure what your question was to be honest. Were you saying Trent Dilfer was statistically superior to Dan Marino?

seinfeld-bro.gif

Damn.
Our only problem with winning is our QB?

We bring in Tom Brady we'll win a Natty?
Bad take.. Obviously he is not the only problem, but your signal caller makes and breaks elite level teams. He has made a lot of crucial mistakes and has held back the offense. He was in a battle with Luke M, and we saw what Luke brought to the table.

He would have been better, but if you saw the effect Frazier had on the 1992 Husker team you would not doubt that he made everyone around him better too. It was like adding turbochargers to a sputtering vehicle.

I agree with that. This was no slam on Frazier but Lord is under appreciated.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Bad take.. Obviously he is not the only problem, but your signal caller makes and breaks elite level teams. He has made a lot of crucial mistakes and has held back the offense. He was in a battle with Luke M, and we saw what Luke brought to the table.

Oh shit. Calvin Jones cousin says I have a bad take.

Sorry, but I'd rather be on the side of some kind of optimism.

1 guy has a year left.

The other guys stats are done.

And oh by the way, TM was never even B10 1st team much less Big 10 Player of the Year.

You do realize people remember stuff, and the internet is freely available, right?

In fact TM was voted to the coach's all conference team one year. That was due to some jealously by rivals for the coach's B1G Team. The vote got split and TM won all conference. The writers named somebody else. That said, TM was a nightmare for opposing DCs....and maybe his own OC as well. He was in fact a turnover waiting to happen. A young friend of mine knew him well in college. He said "he was a strange dude". His feet is what made his passing game as good as it was. He often got wide open receivers because teams had to scheme against his run threat. Sounds familiar right?

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I can't help but compare the two.

While Lord was only a two year starter, he was much maligned by the Husker faithful as not being good enough and the reason why our Huskers lost 10 games during his 2 year tenure.

Fast forward 15+ years later, and those same fans now herald Jammal as a warrior and one of the toughest SOBs to don the Scarlet and Cream.

While AMart has his flaws, he is a very talented QB. He is also a leader, and a kid who actually gives a shit. Like Jammal, he is as tough as they come, and also doesn't have the greatest supporting cast around him and will need to try and carry this team many times this season.

There is a myriad of problems surrounding this year's football team and coaching staff. I'm more than happy we have a kid with the talent and character of AMart behind center to try and lead us out of this land of football oblivion.
I understand what you're trying to compare them on, but really don't see it at all.

You have to remember Jammal was a great runner, and we were a running team.

His passing was horrible, but we didn't throw it but 3 times a game anyway.

Completely different situation than AM.

In the 1993 Orange Bowl against Florida State as massive underdogs and lost 27-14, I saw greatness.

4th and 2, and Tommie pivoted back outside of a doomed option play and ran back to make a 1st down. It was a relatively meaningless 1st down in a game we couldn't win, but he showed his desire and willingness to compete with the best. I truly believe he showed that night to the rest of the team that we could compete with the best and beat them.

Next year we took Charlie Ward and the same #1 'Noles team to the wire (realistically, we all know we won that game), and the '94 and '95 teams in Nebraska football history couldn't be beat.
That game was closer than the score indicates. Just like the following year NU was hurt by poor officiating. FSU clearly fumbled the ball in the first half and the officials reversed it for no apparent reason. The next play FSU scored a TD. NU was also moving the ball well but misfired on a couple drives. I think NU was really a top 5 team that year and utterly destroyed CU and Kansas (both good teams that year). Frazier wasn't yet the starter against Washington but his effect on the team was unmistakable once he was in there, 1992 was setting in motion what would be coming over the next few seasons.

That game was closer than the score indicates. Just like the following year NU was hurt by poor officiating. FSU clearly fumbled the ball in the first half and the officials reversed it for no apparent reason. The next play FSU scored a TD. NU was also moving the ball well but misfired on a couple drives. I think NU was really a top 5 team that year and utterly destroyed CU and Kansas (both good teams that year). Frazier wasn't yet the starter against Washington but his effect on the team was unmistakable once he was in there, 1992 was setting in motion what would be coming over the next few seasons.

I accidentally rewatched that game a few months ago. One of the worst calls I have ever seen ruling FSU fumble inside our red zone as ??? I'm not even sure what sort of BS they came up with on that one.

We looked pretty bad in that first half. Really reminds you of the struggles we had against Florida teams before winning it all. Tommie looked every bit a freshman out there. Trev looked like he was in quicksand on a few plays in space. It felt like FSU's WRs were looking for house calls every time they touched the ball.

Well that solves it.

Super fan sees more than the coaching staff because he has Primo seats.

Adrian was 4th in the country last year in completion percentage at 71.5%.

Keep on with the hate. AM without the midget controlling our coaches play-calling will be a massive bonus.
Lol, yea the 600 section guy could see all the open receivers.

Lol, yea the 600 section guy could see all the open receivers.

There were plenty Bucky Boy. Just keep telling yourself Martinez is a great qb. What’s our record been with him under center?

I don’t know who’s more delusional… dem who thinks Biden is a good president, or Husker fan that thinks Martinez is a good qb.

There were plenty Bucky Boy. Just keep telling yourself Martinez is a great qb. What’s our record been with him under center?

I don’t know who’s more delusional… dem who thinks Biden is a good president, or Husker fan that thinks Martinez is a good qb.
I'll go with the fan that thinks a kid that played Class C ball in Nebraska high school last year that thinks he should be a our starting QB as being the most delusional.

I'll go with the fan that thinks a kid that played Class C ball in Nebraska high school last year that thinks he should be a our starting QB as being the most delusional.

I never said that. I’ve already said that AMart is our only choice at qb. For us to have a successful season we must not rely on AMart. We need a solid run game and defense to carry this team.

they are nothing alike

I would pay good money to watch Jammal Lord beat the sh*t out of AM

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT