ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule's biggest mistake

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Was saying if you can't take care of the ball, you can't play for us. Haarberg can't and Sims can't. That means if he doesn't give Purdy,
Jack Woche, or Longval a shot next week he is full of shit and playing favorites. The main reason all the coaches since Osborne failed is because they played favorites and it ruined the team chemistry. Hey Matt, I got news for you, every other player on the team knows HH is a poor QB. They also know if they screwed up constantly like him they would lose their spots, but Heinrich doesn't because he is a favorite. You and your staff go on ad nauseum about "standards". How about applying the same standards to the QB room as you allege you do to the rest of the team?

Was saying if you can't take care of the ball, you can't play for us. Haarberg can't and Sims can't. That means if he doesn't give Purdy,
Jack Woche, or Longval a shot next week he is full of shit and playing favorites. The main reason all the coaches since Osborne failed is because they played favorites and it ruined the team chemistry. Hey Matt, I got news for you, every other player on the team knows HH is a poor QB. They also know if they screwed up constantly like him they would lose their spots, but Heinrich doesn't because he is a favorite. You and your staff go on ad nauseum about "standards". How about applying the same standards to the QB room as you allege you do to the rest of the team?
Rhule will fire Sims and HH after the season.

You're right. Benching players so we have our 3rd & 4th string guys playing will definitely help this team.

You're right. Benching players so we have our 3rd & 4th string guys playing will definitely help this team.
Haarberg was 12-28 (43%) with 2 interceptions, a fumble and no TD passes. That is three turnovers today. It doesn't matter if Purdy, Woche or Longval help the team or not. Rhule painted himself into a corner and now needs to PROVE if you can't take care of the ball, you can't play. Either that or he needs to admit he lied. Pretty simple choice from where I sit.

HH's QB rating is 44.9 which is 101 out of 136 D1 QBs. And besides all the stats, he looks bad now and has looked worse every week he has started. I'm not sure which one of the volleyball players he is interested in, but she is causing his concentration to lose focus.

Haarberg was 12-28 (43%) with 2 interceptions, a fumble and no TD passes. That is three turnovers today. It doesn't matter if Purdy, Woche or Longval help the team or not. Rhule painted himself into a corner and now needs to PROVE if you can't take care of the ball, you can't play. Either that or he needs to admit he lied. Pretty simple choice from where I sit.

HH's QB rating is 44.9 which is 101 out of 136 D1 QBs. And besides all the stats, he looks bad now and has looked worse every week he has started. I'm not sure which one of the volleyball players he is interested in, but she is causing his concentration to lose focus.
You have an axe to geind with Ruhle. Its clear. I dont know why. Youre not wrong about the need for anything besides what we have seen. But man I read your post and wonder if Ruhle ran over ypur dog.

He did not paint himself in a corner. He'll continue to play HH and unless that decision causes the team to quit on Rhule (which it wont), then who cares?

If you do care then you're coming off overly needy because Rhule "lied" to you.

Context is important.

You have an axe to geind with Ruhle. Its clear. I dont know why. Youre not wrong about the need for anything besides what we have seen. But man I read your post and wonder if Ruhle ran over ypur dog.
Not true. All my posts the last year have been generously supportive of everything Rhule has done since he has been here. Most recently my compliments about his public speaking I posted yesterday. This is the only issue (besides bringing Batrhel with him from the Panthers) I take issue with because he said if you don't take care of the ball you can't play for us. and so far between Grant and HH, that is not true. If he had never said that, I wouldn't be on the rag about it.

Reactions: psuted and Chuck003
Ah yes, “playing favorites”. The mantra of bench riders and their bitter parents who passed on their lack of athletic ability to their children.

Absolutely never Woche. Purdy was a 4 star dual threat guy from AZ who ran and passed for over a thousand yards each his junior and senior year. Woche threw 8 passes for his high school team.

WOW - there are 35 worse QBs than Haarburg out there? Scary...

Does anyone know what happened to Chubba’s arm?
Not sure he ever had one

Kids been in college for 4 years and his biggest fan is still referencing high school stats

Every one of purdys passing numbers at NU are worse than Haarberg’s, and he played with the most prolific WR in NU history in arguably the most pass-friendly scheme in NU history

The coaching staff told him to not take hits and it neutered his biggest strength which is his legs and wrecked his confidence. Effing stupid.

The coaching staff told him to not take hits and it neutered his biggest strength which is his legs and wrecked his confidence. Effing stupid.
They assumed too much of him then? That he could understand when to slide & when not to.

Also, I'm pretty sure they told him not to take so many unnecessary hits.

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
They assumed too much of him then? That he could understand when to slide & when not to.

Also, I'm pretty sure they told him not to take so many unnecessary hits.
He should never slide. His size and speed is his biggest asset, his only real asset at this point. Telling him that only seemed to **** up his confidence.

He should never slide. His size and speed is his biggest asset, his only real asset at this point. Telling him that only seemed to **** up his confidence.
I see what you're saying but to me his confidence didnt seemed f'd when running the ball, he just looked bad while in the pocket, not know what to do.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Does anyone know what happened to Chubba’s arm?
My info said partially torn rotator cuff that they finally had fixed after the season last year. That’s not from him or his surgeon so I’m not positive. I do know a team doc but I haven’t asked and he wouldn’t tell me if I did.

At this point of the season, Rhule must be having deja vu from his horrific Carolina experience. While Panther fans have skewered him for all sorts of faults — real or imagined — his killer mistake was his qb decisions. Each of his three choices for starting qb was a bust — and very shortly after his third choice — he became an ex-coach.

Hopefully, he has better judgment finding a qb in the next season or two because I think we all agree we have spent way too much time the past 20+ years hiring and firing coaches.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
At this point of the season, Rhule must be having deja vu from his horrific Carolina experience. While Panther fans have skewered him for all sorts of faults — real or imagined — his killer mistake was his qb decisions. Each of his three choices for starting qb was a bust — and very shortly after his third choice — he became an ex-coach.

Hopefully, he has better judgment finding a qb in the next season or two because I think we all agree we have spent way too much time the past 20+ years hiring and firing coaches.
Don’t go away mad. Just go away. After losses. We know you won’t be here after wins.

My info said partially torn rotator cuff that they finally had fixed after the season last year. That’s not from him or his surgeon so I’m not positive. I do know a team doc but I haven’t asked and he wouldn’t tell me if I did.
did that injury occur before purdy's first spring game here?

The season will play itself out with the current cast. As we all know, winning the turnover battle the rest of the way could lead to a few more wins. Until the giveaways stop, I don't see much hope unless the defense really gears up and gets more than what the offense dishes out.

Rhule and Co. better make a LOT of improvement next year on the O side, hope they can get a juco, portal qb and a few linemen to help shore up the mess. We shall see.

Every opponent we've played has had a qb or back up qb demonstrate college level reads and throws. Most of them could take at least a little pressure. Our guy has the classic deer in headlights look, freezes up if anyone breaks through. Tries to throw in tight spaces to double covered recievers despite not having any talent to do such a thing.
I understand the trials and tribulation of our offense but our qb is its own problem. If we are limited, accepting other limitations is foolish.

And yet we lead the nation in fumbles and fumbles lost. I can’t believe when Rhule was hired that he didn’t see the deficiencies on the team yet he didn’t address them through the portal. Instead we’ve got Sims who’s record is exactly the thing Rhule preaches against. Rhules biggest mistake was poor use of the portal to improve positions he had to know were weak.

Reactions: pascal
And yet we lead the nation in fumbles and fumbles lost. I can’t believe when Rhule was hired that he didn’t see the deficiencies on the team yet he didn’t address them through the portal. Instead we’ve got Sims who’s record is exactly the thing Rhule preaches against. Rhules biggest mistake was poor use of the portal to improve positions he had to know were weak.
QB has been the turnover machine for Nebraska for 13 years

For the fiftieth time, he tried. Sims was the best he could get. Some of the available guys had previous relationships with coaches in programs that were already WINNING. It isn’t all about the money for these transfers. Look at the teams who landed higher profile transfer QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT