ADVERTISEMENT

Rhule's biggest mistake

For the fiftieth time, he tried. Sims was the best he could get. Some of the available guys had previous relationships with coaches in programs that were already WINNING. It isn’t all about the money for these transfers. Look at the teams who landed higher profile transfer QBs.
So Rhule is deficient in his connections and isn't able to convince portal players to come here?
Why are we paying him so well? This is the portal era. If he can't bring in that kind if player we are never going to catch up.

So Rhule is deficient in his connections and isn't able to convince portal players to come here?
Why are we paying him so well? This is the portal era. If he can't bring in that kind if player we are never going to catch up.
He was in the NFL. What connections were going to land him a star QB? What QB with a other winning options would have transferred to NU? Answer:NONE. Get to a bowl and we might have better options but transfer QBs want to go where they’re sure they’re going to start AND win.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He was in the NFL. What connections were going to land him a star QB? What QB with a other winning options would have transferred to NU? Answer:NONE. Get to a bowl and we might have better options but transfer QBs want to go where they’re sure they’re going to start AND win.
Tony White has obliterated the excuse making.

For the fiftieth time, he tried. Sims was the best he could get. Some of the available guys had previous relationships with coaches in programs that were already WINNING. It isn’t all about the money for these transfers. Look at the teams who landed higher profile transfer QBs.
BS he was the best we could get. There were 50 guys out there that were better, and I've provided that list on here before.

Exactly, the excuses the apologists come up with are somehow worse than the actual facts.

• Haha
BS he was the best we could get. There were 50 guys out there that were better, and I've provided that list on here before.
Best we could get WHo WAS WILLING TO JOIN A PROGRAM THAT HAD LOST 6 YEARS IN A ROW. Context matters. 50? Really? Exaggerate much? Which other available top transfer QB was going to join our program with 6 losing seasons in a row and at that time a returning starter in Casey Thompson. Give me one. It wasn’t going to happen. Top QBs don’t transfer for that last year or two to complete rebuilds

I heard a story one time where Rhule heard his daughter yell "come here daddy!", and Rhule said, "I will be there in one second honey!". But then Rhule took 37 seconds to go find her.

Trev Alberts needs to act now and end this dumpster fire.

Best we could get WHo WAS WILLING TO JOIN A PROGRAM THAT HAD LOST 6 YEARS IN A ROW. Context matters. 50? Really? Exaggerate much? Which other available top transfer QB was going to join our program with 6 losing seasons in a row and at that time a returning starter in Casey Thompson. Give me one. It wasn’t going to happen. Top QBs don’t transfer for that last year or two to complete rebuilds
Okay I'll provide the list once again. And no, I wasn't exaggerating one bit. There were a ton of options out there and Rhule chose the very worst one. I would have taken any of the top 50 over what Sims has provided. https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/top/football/2023/?position=qb

• Haha
I heard a story one time where Rhule heard his daughter yell "come here daddy!", and Rhule said, "I will be there in one second honey!". But then Rhule took 37 seconds to go find her.

Trev Alberts needs to act now and end this dumpster fire.
What exactly do you want Alberts to do?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Plus, Casey pretty much pulled a “Gebbia” and transferred right at the start of fall camp. Not so much before the start of the season, but close enough to cause them to not be able to fill his spot with someone of his stature. Again, Nebraska was playing from behind to start the year. Kids keep screwing this team over because they don’t want to put in the work and or just wait for their turn (which is guaranteed to happen every year there at Nebraska).

Plus, Casey pretty much pulled a “Gebbia” and transferred right at the start of fall camp. Not so much before the start of the season, but close enough to cause them to not be able to fill his spot with someone of his stature. Again, Nebraska was playing from behind to start the year. Kids keep screwing this team over because they don’t want to put in the work and or just wait for their turn (which is guaranteed to happen every year there at Nebraska).
This happens to every team. It's up to the coaches to do a better job of keeping guys or going out and finding a suitable replacement. We didn't do that this year and we're suffering the consequences.

Tony White I would say has more talent to work with and isn’t missing the single most important guy on the team. Your troll level=expert.
Sure didn't seem like it last year.
Yeah, and if anyone disagrees call them a troll. That's always a sure sign of lacking an argument. Just lob the troll bomb.

Reactions: oldjar07
Plenty. Rhule and staff didn't handle his departure well at all. And we also didn't have a suitable replacement. We picked Sims for some godforsaken reason and we failed to get Hornsby.
Malik Hornsby? the kid who can't start for Texas State?

Sure didn't seem like it last year.
Yeah, and if anyone disagrees call them a troll. That's always a sure sign of lacking an argument. Just lob the troll bomb.
I mean the defense did improve with Busch as coordinator. So I think what you said doesn't hold much weight

Reactions: leodisflowers
Won't know if you don't try.
we could put Mahomes back there and he'd get annihilated. No O-Line to protect, and no WR's to throw to. Not a fixable situation. We're gonna have to take our medicine this year.

Texas State has a much better QB than we've got. He would have faced less competition here.
Hornsby is awful. Want to make a case for a QB we probably should have kept, id argue Torres. He is really young and has a great arm.
He’s the back up IWC but when he’s been in, he’s looked very good. And actually started a few games when starter was down and did very well…

High QB rating. No TO. High competition rate. He’s not a duel threat but would have been better to have on the roster then Sims. Again, he’s playing at a lower level but UIW was #4 before last week. And I think we have a few QBs on the team that he’s better than. And no, HH isn’t one of those.

Last edited:
Not true. All my posts the last year have been generously supportive of everything Rhule has done since he has been here. Most recently my compliments about his public speaking I posted yesterday. This is the only issue (besides bringing Batrhel with him from the Panthers) I take issue with because he said if you don't take care of the ball you can't play for us. and so far between Grant and HH, that is not true. If he had never said that, I wouldn't be on the rag about it.
What exactly is everyone’s issue with Barthel? I don’t see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT