ADVERTISEMENT

J Alexander Keung

It’s a tough problem. I would start here:

1) If you're on the clock, you're on camera: mandatory body cams for every cop

2) Cops are accountable to our communities: mandatory civilian reviews of all police brutality reports

3) Cops can be better, so let's train them to be: mandatory training in non-violent and non-lethal policing

Cops death rate will go up under this plan. Good luck finding good police officers.

I think it would be wise for people to get this idea out of their head that cops are essentially good guys.

Quite the opposite in my opinion. The majority of cops, are basically criminals. It takes one to catch one and they are 2 sides of the same coin, except one has a badge, a weapon, a radio and backup.

This makes cops much more dangerous than your run of the mill criminal or even gang member.

Avoid putting yourself into bad situations if you can.

You would not put yourself in the middle of a drug deal, so why would you want to ever be in an encounter with the police?

If you are in an encounter, it would be wise to be polite, follow instructions exactly, and pose no threat to them.

Your odds of coming out the other side are much better this way.

See, if everyone actually thought of the police in this way, you wouldn't all be freaking out over the stuff that is happening. The only reason people are freaking out is because they believe the lie about the police being there to serve and protect.

Unless you are a politician, they are not there to serve or protect you.

Congratulations. This is the dumbest thing I’ve read all year. Do you also believe the earth is flat?

Yep....saw this on Facebook.

I feel quite certain that the black community is aware of the "black on black" crime rate. Here's what you're missing.....

The people that commit those crimes aren't wearing a badge, weren't sworn to "protect and serve", and go to jail for those offenses.

When a person has been issued a badge, has all kinds of police powers bestowed upon him/her, and is authorized to use deadly force if he/she feels it's warranted, my expectations are going to be higher for that person's conduct than it is for some street punk, drug dealer, or pimp.

So how does all that outweigh life of a black person? Dead is dead.

13% of the population is killing each other or being killed more than anyone else.

This has s total effect on the community. They cant get good education,opportunities or safety in black communities because of this. While still dealing with racist cops

Not to.mention black people didnt create the living conditions either in inner cities.

No way in 2020 13% of the population should he leading in murder or murdered stats. But it's just the hood.

Hell a 100 black people probably been shot since I started typing. This can no longer go on.

This cop clearly doesn't get it. And did you notice his tone?

Darn those facts. Don’t you hate it when they don’t line up your emotional truths. It’s ok... when that happens just say something like he doesn’t get it.

Black on black crime is a big deal. However it's not the issue of the moment.

Attempts by white and even some black folks to reframe the debate into a black on black crime debate aren't going to lead to good results.

If everything devolves into a pure numbers debate of what kills the most people and where our time would be most efficiently spent every debate would more or less devolve into funding for medical research or the food choices people make and any proposed regulations and I'm sure gun control as a general topic would work it's way in there as suicide is on the list.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Reactions: dinglefritz

Attempts by white and even some black folks to reframe the debate into a black on black crime debate aren't going to lead to good results.

If everything devolves into a pure numbers debate of what kills the most people and where our time would be most efficiently spent every debate would more or less devolve into funding for medical research or the food choices people make and any proposed regulations and I'm sure gun control as a general topic would work it's way in there as suicide is on the list.

Its an issue every minute of the day, js

It's not an event to talk about.

EVERYONE being equally outraged to the point they can only think with their emotions is a kind of equality. A very unhealthy equality that is really sameness. The USA got something right in subdividing society down to the individual. Two types of people in the world: individualists (individualism) and collectivists (collectivism). One leads to a human world, the other leads to an insect world.

Black on black and to some degree black on white crime IS the root problem of this. Actually, the disintegration of the family and loss of positive male role models in inner city homes is probably the root of this and no doubt the good intentions of our federal government has played a HUGE role in this. That said, as the Godparent of 2 black children, I would hate to be in their shoes because the knucklehead <5% of the black population has made life miserable for the rest of their race. 80% of violent crime is committed by black offenders. Likewise a cop is 18X more likely to be killed by a black person than a cop is to kill an unarmed black person. The crime committed in particular by young black men makes it virtually impossible to end this cycle. Unfortunately there is good reason to be suspicious of the intentions of young black men and it just plain sucks but that is the way it is and probably always be. These protests and riots are NOT helping. I will note that likewise I'm suspicious of the intention of young white men who dress and act out like "gangsters".

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Where are the protests though? That was the question. BLM ... well kinda. Only if it’s white on black crime.

If you are going to attempt to put rationale into people who are acting irrationally, more power to you. I'm not going to defend folks who are violent or looting in whether they claim they are angry about George Floyd or not. Peaceful protest is one thing, all that other stuff is out in left field.

When it comes to peaceful protest then...I'm of the belief you gotta do you. If blacks are more upset that whites in position of authority are killing them is more upsetting than the black gang kids who do the same...well that's their opinion.

Personally I believe the stuff about black on black crime to be a deflection from the white conservative community. They don't want to talk about racial injustice because frankly its a debate that never ends well for their policy positions. Its an inherently emotional subject and that plays well to Democrat tendencies.

But in the process of doing so, it has a very condescending feel to to it. "Well honey daddy already made hamburgers but we'll have mac n cheese tomorrow" kind of a feel. If I shattered your kneecap with a hammer, but then told you should really be complaining about your diabetes because its more likely to kill you, its absurd, and essentially what mostly white folks are telling angry black folks about police injustice.

If we were to get real about it, if you picked a couple of rational white and black representatives and put them at a table I believe at the end of a day what you'd come out with is an "AND" situation. Let's talk about police injustice AND black on black crime. Not black on black crime "in lieu" of police injustice. Because at the end of the day, any solution that we know of whether its the Giuliani model or whatever, to reduce crime in big cities, requires police/community cooperation that can only be had when the police injustice issue is addressed first.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
Actually, the disintegration of the family and loss of positive male role models in inner city homes is probably the root of this and no doubt the good intentions of our federal government has played a HUGE role in this. That said, as the Godparent of 2 black children, I would hate to be in their shoes because the knucklehead <5% of the black population has made life miserable for the rest of their race. .

The black community is largely aware of this. When a white cop kills a black man in seemingly cold blood, that's generally not the time the black women of the world want to hear all their problems could be solved if they just redoubled their effort to "get them a good man".

Its not that its an invalid issue, its just a dumb issue to put out front of a shocking event like this.

Its like when the GWOT hit and Dubya told the country they should go shopping. Every time violence occurs against the black community the whites essentially tell the black community to up their dating game.

If you are going to attempt to put rationale into people who are acting irrationally, more power to you. I'm not going to defend folks who are violent or looting in whether they claim they are angry about George Floyd or not. Peaceful protest is one thing, all that other stuff is out in left field.

When it comes to peaceful protest then...I'm of the belief you gotta do you. If blacks are more upset that whites in position of authority are killing them is more upsetting than the black gang kids who do the same...well that's their opinion.

Personally I believe the stuff about black on black crime to be a deflection from the white conservative community. They don't want to talk about racial injustice because frankly its a debate that never ends well for their policy positions. Its an inherently emotional subject and that plays well to Democrat tendencies.

But in the process of doing so, it has a very condescending feel to to it. "Well honey daddy already made hamburgers but we'll have mac n cheese tomorrow" kind of a feel. If I shattered your kneecap with a hammer, but then told you should really be complaining about your diabetes because its more likely to kill you, its absurd, and essentially what mostly white folks are telling angry black folks about police injustice.

If we were to get real about it, if you picked a couple of rational white and black representatives and put them at a table I believe at the end of a day what you'd come out with is an "AND" situation. Let's talk about police injustice AND black on black crime. Not black on black crime "in lieu" of police injustice. Because at the end of the day, any solution that we know of whether its the Giuliani model or whatever, to reduce crime in big cities, requires police/community cooperation that can only be had when the police injustice issue is addressed first.

Ok I agree with most of this. I wish protesters would devote their free time to mentoring programs to help solve root issue. Thanks for posting.

HBO MAX’s ‘Looney Tunes’ Reboot Bans Elmer Fudd from Having a Gun

"now I'm ready to riot" Joel Bittner

HBO MAX’s ‘Looney Tunes’ Reboot Bans Elmer Fudd from Having a Gun

"now I'm ready to riot" Joel Bittner

HBO is certainly the network I turn to when I want engage my kid in down home conservative values.

Just buy the old Looney Tunes DVD cheapskate :)

You know who is the most successful in academics and careers over the last 50 years? It isn't blacks, brown or whites . . . it's Asians. The same people who were hated so much that Rod Serling created his most incensed twilight zone episode around an Asian (George Takei) in the early 60s to point out the wrongness of intolerance. How did they go from most despised to most successful? They live in a country that rewards hard work and isn't racist.

Last edited:

people will still try.. I mean if black lives really mattered, where is the outrage every night that happens with black on black homicides?

The truth is, it's not a big deal to most people in the black community, or they would have made it a big deal right?

The only reason it's made a big deal now, is because the officer was white, and they can play the racism card.

You can't play the racism card if it's black on black crime, so that's what this is really about..

It's not about black lives at all.. it's about ppl trying to use the racism card to play the victim of an otherwise unrelated unfortunate incident.

people will still try.. I mean if black lives really mattered, where is the outrage every night that happens with black on black homicides?

The truth is, it's not a big deal to most people in the black community, or they would have made it a big deal right?

The only reason it's made a big deal now, is because the officer was white, and they can play the racism card.

You can't play the racism card if it's black on black crime, so that's what this is really about..

It's not about black lives at all.. it's about ppl trying to use the racism card to play the victim of an otherwise unrelated unfortunate incident.

Sure people will try but they clearly aren't winning that trade.

Sure people will try but they clearly aren't winning that trade.
I'm not so sure of that. In fact, I think the white community is outraged at being blamed once again for another races' problems. Would you ask your daughter to kneel and apologize for her privilege? I don't know about you, but personally, I'm fed up with this garbage from the left. Those people show the world who they are. Criminals, looters, thugs & thiefs.. that is who those ppl are.. and somehow what they are doing is honorable? I have never seen things so upside down.

I'm not so sure of that. In fact, I think the white community is outraged at being blamed once again for another races' problems. Would you ask your daughter to kneel and apologize for her privilege? I don't know about you, but personally, I'm fed up with this garbage from the left. Those people show the world who they are. Criminals, looters, thugs & thiefs.. that is who those ppl are.. and somehow what they are doing is honorable? I have never seen things so upside down.

I live in between DC and Baltimore so the left is ever present here. In fact, being so close to Baltimore is probably not a situation many Americans would want to find themselves in during race riots.

However, I've never felt one iota of pressure to do anything from the left. If you do, you should ask yourself why.

The only people I see kneeling and apologizing for their privilege are those on the left who believe and are attending the protests and other such things that folks are gathering for anyway. Or doing some virtue signaling about such on social media. Big deal, that's their opinion.

Even here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, Antifa is not going door to door of conservatives and dragging out of them out of their home and asking them to swear fealty.

My message to fellow conservatives is get some inner strength folks. If people are doing things on tv you don't like, go out and counter protest (this is not without consequences) or turn off the boob tube.

In fact, black on black crime has a great deal to do with the issue at the moment. Everyone is aware of the significant % of violent crimes committed by black males, which will always lead to more confrontation, and more violent confrontation, with law enforcement. The high numbers will also, undoubtedly, lead to stereotypes and prejudging. Stereotypes will always be a part of society. There’s been more than a little stereotyping going on in these threads, none more apparent than those states by a black man. So, if black on black crime is significantly reduced, there would very naturally be much less police involvement, much lower perception of police as inherently racist, and stereotypes might just start changing.

the pressure is written into the laws ... quotas and so on . . . PC culture is so prevalent you don't notice it

You show me where its written into law that NikkiSix has to have his daughter go out into the street, kneel, and declare guilt for her white privilege and I'll give you 10 gold stars.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
the pressure is written into the laws ... quotas and so on . . . PC culture is so prevalent you don't notice it

Bro I work around military in one of the most liberal states in the Union. We are ever aware of what conversations could and could not be our last on the job depending on who the audience is.

Reactions: dinglefritz
How is Trump pertinent to the issue.

He's the first word in the headline.

As to why I posted the headline to begin with. Folks losing their minds that the left is going to push them around.

This riot stuff will have an end, same as anything else.

He's the first word in the headline.

As to why I posted the headline to begin with. Folks losing their minds that the left is going to push them around.

This riot stuff will have an end, same as anything else.

They already have control of most societal institutions . . . we're 30 trillion in debt . . . we've destroyed the nuclear biological family . . . the middle class has been shrinking for a long time . . . try not to let your obtuse nature drag you into trolldom.

They already have control of most societal institutions . . . we're 30 trillion in debt . . . we've destroyed the nuclear biological family . . . the middle class has been shrinking for a long time . . . try not to let your obtuse nature drag you into trolldom.

So take control back.

The most frustrating thing about folks claiming the silent majority rose up in 2016....if there truly is a silent majority....the stupidest thing in the world to do is be silent (Edit: in a vote counting system).

Flex a little. Don't let folks take your country from you. I can only conclude either the silent majority isn't actually a majority, or they are too busy to care.

Cops death rate will go up under this plan. Good luck finding good police officers.

The death by cop rate would go down under this plan. Those that feel that takes enough shine off the job to not apply, are probably the candidates we want to weed out anyway.

There's no question we're down late in the game and its a tough road, but I've heard nothing but excuses and "its hard" for the two decades of my adult political life.

Boo hoo someone might call you a racist or other names. They are doing it anyway. I'm not a Trump fan, but he was absolutely right when Brees staged his little mini counter protest that they'll basically eat him alive if he backs down.

There's not a road back that doesn't involve taking some verbal and likely physical bullets coming our way. The left is willing to endure that, if we aren't, we will lose.

I get it, its demoralizing, in your little list there, Trump's only marginally addressing one of those. The opposition isn't going to try any of them in a way we find acceptable. Rock and a hard place.

Truth is conservatives don't sit around dreaming about ways to keep anyone down...we have our own struggles and problems like everyone else...and we're exhausted with people trying to make us care what color your skin is, we don't. Just make good choices, abide by the same laws I do, and take some personal accountability for your decisions. This is the easiest country to make it in if you apply yourself and make good choices. So if you find yourself at the age of adulthood and you aren't where you want to be, join the club, lots of people feel the same, yes even white people.....then do something about it and quit blaming everyone else.

There's no question we're down late in the game and its a tough road, but I've heard nothing but excuses and "its hard" for the two decades of my adult political life.

Boo hoo someone might call you a racist or other names. They are doing it anyway. I'm not a Trump fan, but he was absolutely right when Brees staged his little mini counter protest that they'll basically eat him alive if he backs down.

There's not a road back that doesn't involve taking some verbal and likely physical bullets coming our way. The left is willing to endure that, if we aren't, we will lose.

I get it, its demoralizing, in your little list there, Trump's only marginally addressing one of those. The opposition isn't going to try any of them in a way we find acceptable. Rock and a hard place.

You’re right; a physical confrontation may be inevitable, only because I am confident that liberals, as intelligent as some may be, genetically, they are hyper-emotional and let their emotion Take over. There is no real chance to reason or have a civil discourse to logically work through a sensitive issue, because even if the facts prove a point that they don’t like, they won’t accept it. I think that’s why they especially hate Trump, because he acts like them sometimes. He’ll point fingers, call names, and even make stuff up, just to try to be right.

Reactions: JoelBittner
You’re right; a physical confrontation may be inevitable, only because I am confident that liberals, as intelligent as some may be, genetically, they are hyper-emotional and let their emotion Take over. There is no real chance to reason or have a civil discourse to logically work through a sensitive issue, because even if the facts prove a point that they don’t like, they won’t accept it. I think that’s why they especially hate Trump, because he acts like them sometimes. He’ll point fingers, call names, and even make stuff up, just to try to be right.

I'm not even talking about a liberal getting in your face and you guys have a confrontation. I'm definitely not talking civil war.

I'm talking 10,000 conservatives rolling up on Downtown Anywhere to protest XYZ issue and in the reasonable effort to restore order from a few bad apples (some in every group), conservative protestors now starting taking bullets, rubber or otherwise, from police.

Reactions: Lincoln100

true ... his saving grace is that he defaults to patriotism and they default to arson

This post, if I may use it as an example, is an example of the kinds of things I see from conservatives everywhere. Namely, we generally only envision two swift outcomes.

1. Things get froggy with the other side, and because they are bad and only understand one thing, there will be a civil war to rectify things.

2. If we get enough votes in the right places we can get a good mix of politicians and judges to say we were right all along.

We have almost no one strategizing how to take the country back, block by block, school by school, city by city. Its all or nothing in an epic clash of civilizations.

In short, we play for the home run ball. The left is playing small ball day to day, and taking the home run ball when the opportunity comes. That's the better strategy.

Number one is unlikely to happen, but is more permanent. Number two is more likely to happen, but judges overturn things all the time. So its far less permanent. Eternal vigilance and all that.

What "policy positions" are you referring to. I cant find any policy or law that is inherently racist. None proposed nor passed. Please elaborate, unless it was just rhetoric nonsense

Reactions: JoelBittner
What "policy positions" are you referring to. I cant find any policy or law that is inherently racist. None proposed nor passed. Please elaborate, unless it was just rhetoric nonsense

Conservative policy in the coming days, weeks, months will likely propose that the laws/standards/policy as currently written are sufficient to equitably carry out law enforcement among the various localities. They will suggest as you do, that there's nothing inherently racist or inequitable about them. Its unfortunate that some folks got the raw end of a deal, and justice will be observed according to those laws, but outside of additional attention to training and emphasis on the existing standards, no major changes will be needed to America's police force.

Of course, a whole bunch of folks of various races to include white will think doesn't doesn't sound quite right and will attempt to enact new policy up to and including disbanding of police forces. I think very few people, as indicated by recent polling, support such drastic measures. I do think there's a good chance that changes will come to various police forces, depending on what locality you reside in of course.

Changes that we probably wouldn't want to see, but perhaps won't have success shooting down in this emotional environment. And certainly not trying to deflect the issue to black on black crime.

So how does all that outweigh life of a black person? Dead is dead.

13% of the population is killing each other or being killed more than anyone else.

This has s total effect on the community. They cant get good education,opportunities or safety in black communities because of this. While still dealing with racist cops

Not to.mention black people didnt create the living conditions either in inner cities.

No way in 2020 13% of the population should he leading in murder or murdered stats. But it's just the hood.

Hell a 100 black people probably been shot since I started typing. This can no longer go on.
I'm going to use an analogy that will be similar to something @jflores posted......

If someone takes a hammer and breaks your kneecap in half, are you just going to ignore that because that person then tells you that, since you're more likely to die from diabetes or heart disease, you should ignore the broken kneecap? Just asking, because that's pretty much what you do when you deflect to black on black crime.

A former student of mine made a great post on Facebook. He grew up and went to HS in a town of 2700 in Kansas, and plays JUCO ball at a school about 2/3 of the way across the state (driving through mostly white, rural areas to get back and forth). He makes mention of:
  • Keeping his license and registration in a spot on his dashboard, so as not to arouse suspicion in reaching for it in his glove box or center console...thereby it being less likely that it gets mistaken for a gun should be be pulled over.
  • Not being able to walk or bicycle home as a young kid without being called "n_____", having rocks thrown at him, or being pushed off his bike. Obviously, those kids learned that language and behavior from somewhere (and I have a pretty good idea who they were, and I have no doubt that they will pass it on to their kids).
  • The kids that made it a point to go out of their way and mock Kaepernick in front of him.....which was then followed up by these same kids showing up the next day, and basically holding a Confederate flag rally in a parking lot adjacent to the school. It very much resembled a mini-KKK rally, minus the hoods and sheets (again...this is in Kansas, not Mississippi).
Speaking of kneeling.....that was a form of protest that was silent, didn't harm anyone, didn't inconvenience anyone, and didn't damage or destroy property (why aren't you bashing the photographer that was obviously also no showing the flag proper respect?). Pretty tough for a protest to be much more peaceful than that.....and this kid lives in a country where the President of the United States refers to people that engage in that kind of peaceful protest as "thugs" and "sons of bitches"....while throwing accolades towards a bunch of angry armed white guys yelling in the faces of anyone they can find, simply because they can't get a haircut.....not to mention his claim that there were "good people" among those that chanted "Jews will not replace us" at Charlottesville.

This isn't a troublemaker of a kid either. 3-sport athlete in HS. 3.5 student. Good parents. A couple of older siblings that currently or formerly served in the military.

Given his reality and locale, I'd love to see you explain to him why he should just ignore all of this, and only care about black on black crime in Chicago.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmliehr
ADVERTISEMENT