ADVERTISEMENT

It just doesn’t stop...

Agreed, I wish this crap would just stop already. Yes, Frost missed out on Joe Burrow. I get why Frost didn’t go after him at that time, it looked like Martinez was a star in the making and Burrow never had a chance to show much at all. Sucks but this type of stuff happens.

Yea I’m with you y’all here... Obviously if we had it to do all over and knowing what we know now, he’ll yea sign him up... but back when he transferred no one knew what you’d get with him, and how often do transfers like that really pan out? I’d say he is the exception to the rule more so than the rule... good kid, great player, but he honestly ended up in a better position there at LSU he wouldn’t be in the hunt for the Heisman if he came here like he is now... we don’t have the line or the weapons he has there...

Reactions: huskerssalts
Was he talking about his original recruitment with Pelini and Beck or with the transfer recruitment?

big difference.
I suspect it's a Pelini thing. Remember Carl was a GA or DL coach for his dad and Frank at Ohio. Frank has no love for the Pelinis. I wish Joe would mention Bo by name when he makes that quote because I guarandamnedtee you that Husker fans would have wanted him at both junctures.

No he’s not... why can’t we admit we goofed up... twice? Do you ever have enough qbs? Does he have Husker heritage?
We blew it... twice
He’s been whining for over a week, he got his point across!!!! Why doesn’t he come out and say if Nebraska would have taken me, Nebraska would be in the playoffs. That’s how he’s coming across

Burrow seems to be better than Haskins, no? My point is nobody knew he would have a yr like this. He could have stayed at OSU and led them this yr, he didn’t. He was worried about Tate

Burrow seems to be better than Haskins, no? My point is nobody knew he would have a yr like this. He could have stayed at OSU and led them this yr, he didn’t. He was worried about Tate

No he’s not... why can’t we admit we goofed up... twice? Do you ever have enough qbs? Does he have Husker heritage?
We blew it... twice
He's not? I get the feel he enjoys talking about it. Is anyone acting like we didn't goof up? Again, who gives a sh!t, other than you apparently. Good for him things are going well. It won't always be. Let him celebrate how great he is and move on, freaking little crybaby.

He’s just making his story better, selling his achievements and doubters. He’s got elite assistants helping him along with one of the better offensive units surrounding him thats been assembled in a while. He had a great year and I am happy for him. I don’t GAF what he says about Nebraska. It doesn’t matter.

He didn’t start at OSU and we didn’t feel we needed him twice. The fact of the matter is he still thinks Nebraska is a hot bitch or he’d shut up.

He’s just making his story better, selling his achievements and doubters. He’s got elite assistants helping him along with one of the better offensive units surrounding him thats been assembled in a while. He had a great year and I am happy for him. I don’t GAF what he says about Nebraska. It doesn’t matter.

He didn’t start at OSU and we didn’t feel we needed him twice. The fact of the matter is he still thinks Nebraska is a hot bitch or he’d shut up.
Different twist. I think it might not be all bad PR wise for NU. Other recruits hear "I wanted all along to go to NU but they didn't think I was good enough". What does that sound like to a current prospective recruit. Could be "Hey, Burrow wanted to go there. Maybe I need to check that out".

Like I mentioned burrow could have walked on there was nothing preventing him from doing that. Why is he keeping up this crap? He quickly becoming a giant douchebag
although yes I get the general idea of what you’re saying here and yes you are right here... but come on seriously??? How many kids do you know that grade out as a 4 star with offers from OSU (pre transfer) and LSU (post transfer) that will walk on and pay their own way to a school? That makes no sense at all especially when said school made it obvious that you were not part of their plans... both times

Okay. Kinda tired of Burrow now. Like personally. The only people who can talk crap on Nebraska are us Nebraska fans. Anyone else talks crap on them I wanna fight em.

This guy is really becoming annoying and he’s just sounding like a whiny bitch. Enough already.

Hey Joe Burrow...If you keep focusing on this little Nebraska “story” while forgetting that you are in the college football playoffs...then

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15380-1399326001-35.gif

Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
Don’t care, cheering for the kid to win the heisman, and for LSU to win the natty!
I'm rooting for LSU too, but it's more because of Orgeron. I like watching college football's spit-and-polish power coaches getting their asses beat by a guy who looks like he cleans their swimming pools for a living.

okay, missed opportunity.
what twice? if not 3 times...?
for a school that wrote the book on legacies, its particularly painful.
we’ve acknowledged this, at least on this board, early and often.
what else am i supposed to do? send the kid an apology card?
shit, if i remember right, if it was up to the people that post on this board, we’d have given him an opportunity.
good luck to him, but

...christ...

Reactions: timnsun
okay, missed opportunity.
what twice? if not 3 times...?
for a school that wrote the book on legacies, its particularly painful.
we’ve acknowledged this, at least on this board, early and often.
what else am i supposed to do? send the kid an apology card?
shit, if i remember right, if it was up to the people that post on this board, we’d have given him an opportunity.
good luck to him, but

...christ...
Nothing. There’s nothing else for message board Joes to do. The guy earned the right to say what he’s saying. So we should let him.

Last edited:
Wow, another recruiting failure for Nebraska Football. Why would a Nebraska coach tell him he is not good enough? Wasn't he the Ohio player of the Year when he was a Senior in High School?

Reactions: MitchLL
Dont even care one ounce about Joe Burrow.

He never played here

He better win the CFP or he better stay off social media.

Reactions: Baxter48
Dont even care one ounce about Joe Burrow.

He never played here

He better win the CFP or he better stay off social media.

His Dad and 2 brothers did. Legacy recruit. Grew up a fan like us. Gonna win the Heisman. According to a lot here wouldn't have improved us at all.

Living in Des Moines, Nebraska is Iowa’s biggest rival and it’s not even close. Not even worth a discussion. Nothing gets that fan base going more than Nebraska. Nebraska comes up on sports radio almost daily. So, at least we have a true rival

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT