ADVERTISEMENT

It just doesn’t stop...

His Dad and 2 brothers did. Legacy recruit. Grew up a fan like us. Gonna win the Heisman. According to a lot here wouldn't have improved us at all.
BS. Absolutely no one on this board has said he wouldn’t improve us at all. No one. What people have said is he wouldn’t have the success here that he is having at LSU. This is not rocket science. I thought you were smarter…

Husker fan trolling Husker l fans… The worst kind of troll.

although yes I get the general idea of what you’re saying here and yes you are right here... but come on seriously??? How many kids do you know that grade out as a 4 star with offers from OSU (pre transfer) and LSU (post transfer) that will walk on and pay their own way to a school? That makes no sense at all especially when said school made it obvious that you were not part of their plans... both times
I was being partly sarcastic. I don’t get his point anymore, he said it once, that’s enough. The kid is really full of himself now. Is he trying to say Nebraska would be better off by recruiting him and him being on the roster. That’s hindsight, now way of proving it. My advice to him get over it start preparing for your playoff game.

His Dad and 2 brothers did. Legacy recruit. Grew up a fan like us. Gonna win the Heisman. According to a lot here wouldn't have improved us at all.

But he didnt.

He went to a team that has top 5 talent

The dude had 7 seconds to throw against freakin Georgia at times.

Lmao....hes nothing special just drives the Bus which they havent had in years at LSU.

We need a full on playmaker in this offense with the talent we have.

Seen nothing that say he changes the last 2 years.

Reactions: leodisflowers
They don't stop because he is the best player in college football, is setting records and leading his team to a natty.

That and NU whiffed.
Agree. And we need a 12th thread on this board telling us this again, why?

Just don’t know why a new thread needs to be started every time when it could easily go in one of the other 12 threads.

But he didnt.

He went to a team that has top 5 talent

The dude had 7 seconds to throw against freakin Georgia at times.

Lmao....hes nothing special just drives the Bus which they havent had in years at LSU.

We need a full on playmaker in this offense with the talent we have.

Seen nothing that say he changes the last 2 years.

Nothing special? Lol ok jeans

They don't stop because he is the best player in college football, is setting records and leading his team to a natty.

That and NU whiffed.

As did about 115 other programs, Joe has used it to fuel his career good for him. For every Burrow there is a Tate Martell story also.

Joe Burrow hoisting Super Bowl MVP in 7 years. "I wanted to go to Nebraska. Bo and Frost said I sucked"

Let's see....If he went to Nebraska, he would be the starting QB for the Omaha Beef next year. He goes to LSU, get's coached up, and is now going to be a rich man. Yeah. I'll bet he is a bitter young lad.

Reactions: jeans15
Let's see....If he went to Nebraska, he would be the starting QB for the Omaha Beef next year. He goes to LSU, get's coached up, and is now going to be a rich man. Yeah. I'll bet he is a bitter young lad.

Or maybe, and I think I'm right here, cream rises to the top and he's as accurate here as there and fires this team up Everyone says we are a few plays away from 8 or 9 wins. Maybe he wins us 10 or 11 and gets drafted regardless.

Okay. Kinda tired of Burrow now. Like personally. The only people who can talk crap on Nebraska are us Nebraska fans. Anyone else talks crap on them I wanna fight em.
An attitude like that leaves you broke & in jail. Great plan you have.

Or maybe, and I think I'm right here, cream rises to the top and he's as accurate here as there and fires this team up Everyone says we are a few plays away from 8 or 9 wins. Maybe he wins us 10 or 11 and gets drafted regardless.
Nah man, you’ve made it clear that only Martinez would start. He’s Frost’s guy. Burrow wouldn’t see the field. Because Frost sucks.

Or something like that.

Misses and what ifs happen all the time in recruiting - Burrow was anything but a sure thing and AM was highly heralded and had a great freshman year. I completely understand why we wouldn’t have gone after a grad transfer

However, why Frost would make the statement he did regarding Burrow is mind boggling. Really a bad look - that has come back to burn him and Nebraska. We look bad enough on the field without compounding things with horrible PR.

if you are Burrow or his family it is really easy to take that statement as shade thrown his way. I can understand why there are some negative references on his part toward NU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce1981

Beat me too it! It was well known that his family tried to get Frost to take him in and it was known there was bitterness when Frost wasn't interested. There was a lot of bad stuff said behind the scenes that wasn't for the papers.

Coming out of high school with coaching change to Riley he probably would have transferred before 2017. Their was no excuse to pass on a guy at OHIO STATE who fit your system and only who got beat out of a job by a future NFL first rounder.

So to answer the question of people who still remain clueless.....he is and probably will be til he leaves LSU, mad and pissed at FROST!

Nebraska had a true freshman who hadn't played in 2 years because of a shoulder injury starting when he could have sat on the sidelines, learned and been backup.

Instead he was forced into action and MAYBE forever ruined by that pressure and undeserved ANOINTMENT as savior by the coach and some fans. Hopefully not........

Reactions: jeans15
How is everyone ignoring the scenario in which Frost signs Burrow as a grad transfer, Martinez decommits and goes elsewhere, then Burrow loses the starting job to Noah Vedral?

Reactions: WHCSC and timnsun
If he needs to use that in order to find motivation, have at it. I don't understand why he isn't calling out Ohio St or the 100+ other schools who didn't want him. When he was looking to transfer, he was an Ohio St back up who the previous 2 years had thrown for a total of 287 yrds and 2 TDs. I believe Cincinnati was the only other school showing serious interest. As bad as he may want to believe it, he wasn't a wanted commodity. LSU got lucky plain and simply and so did Burrow.

Reactions: WHCSC and jeans15
If he needs to use that in order to find motivation, have at it. I don't understand why he isn't calling out Ohio St or the 100+ other schools who didn't want him. When he was looking to transfer, he was an Ohio St back up who the previous 2 years had thrown for a total of 287 yrds and 2 TDs. I believe Cincinnati was the only other school showing serious interest. As bad as he may want to believe it, he wasn't a wanted commodity. LSU got lucky plain and simply and so did Burrow.
Ummm the other 100 schools weren’t his dream school where almost every male member of his family attended???

pretty sure Martinez was already on campus when Burrow announced he was transferring
Yes, sorry, I should have said transferred.

Since people with intimate knowledge of the situation say Martinez was promised the starting spot no matter what, I assume he would have immediately skipped town if Frost had betrayed him by bringing in Burrow.

Since people with intimate knowledge of the situation say Martinez was promised the starting spot no matter what, I assume he would have immediately skipped town if Frost had betrayed him by bringing in Burrow.

might have.

You dont start a high school all american freshman who has a great year...and follow that up by recruiting a grad transfer the next year. It makes no sense. Burrow is also not a fit for the offense, I do not get how much has gone into this dumb story. Burrow is not throwing to Noa and Mike Williams fellas..he is not standing behind Hixson for 10 seconds either.smh

You dont start a high school all american freshman who has a great year...and follow that up by recruiting a grad transfer the next year. It makes no sense. Burrow is also not a fit for the offense, I do not get how much has gone into this dumb story. Burrow is not throwing to Noa and Mike Williams fellas..he is not standing behind Hixson for 10 seconds either.smh
There were plenty of times he didn’t have time against Georgia and just took off for 15 yards. Our qb just wiggles around in those situations going nowhere.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Burrow would have come in before the 2018 season. He has been at LSU 2 seasons. So he would have been replacing Lee not a high school all American.

As bad as he was this year that promise must have been all 4 years.

Reactions: Chuck003

Martinez had yet to start a game when Burrow entered the transfer portal.

giphy.gif

It pains me to like one of your posts, but you are dead on with this one.

Martinez had yet to start a game when Burrow entered the transfer portal.
Frost apparently made the decision that he wanted to build his program starting with a freshman QB who he would have for 4 years. Hindsight that was probably a mistake but it is also a mistake lots of other coaches might have made. Hindsight is 20/20. I would have snatched up Burrow in a heartbeat just based on what I saw from him against us in ONE quarter of work in mop up time.

Reactions: tpmcg
Frost apparently made the decision that he wanted to build his program starting with a freshman QB who he would have for 4 years. Hindsight that was probably a mistake but it is also a mistake lots of other coaches might have made. Hindsight is 20/20. I would have snatched up Burrow in a heartbeat just based on what I saw from him against us in ONE quarter of work in mop up time.

We got on Callahan for not winning more with the players he had inherited. Same with Riley. Why are we making excuses for Frost? We all know it's a rebuild of our storied program. However, many of us believe that good coaching should win more than 4-5 games a year.

Watch an LSU game. Chase, Jefferson, and the rest of LSU’s receivers are ridiculous. Look at the separation those guys get. If Adrian Martinez played at LSU this season, he would have done just as well as Joe Burrow. This will come to fruition as Nebraska adds more talent to the receiving corps IMO. It wouldn’t have made any sense to add Joe Burrow to Nebraska’s quarterback room.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT