ADVERTISEMENT

It could be worse. We could have lost to North Dakota State...

Hoosker Du

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2001
Which we probably aren't above right now. But still funny that the Hawkeyes lost to them with their starting QB returning. RollingLaugh

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
And we'd all have to watch as they did it to us exactly how we used to beat people. Power football and play action passes.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
North Texas gave our boys all they could handle for about three quarters in Kinnick today.
There is a lot more pairity in College football today than 10 years ago.

I've never seen the Huskers quit. They will bounce back.

Yep, the true measure of a team's character shows when you hit the skids. Ferentz was able to keep his team focused. Riley has a job on his hands the next couple of weeks.

This makes it even worse.

NDSU - 23
Iowa - 21

Iowa - 40
Nebraska - 10

No it doesn't. You sucked bad at the start of last year. I mean you were a terrible team. And you had both your returning starting QB back, and you weren't breaking in a new defensive scheme. Pretty embarrassing losing to NDSU to say the least.

But you improved, and beat Michigan at home. And you beat us soundly, a team with a QB that could barely stand, let alone run.

That means we can also improve by the end of the year.

The last thing Husker fans should be worried about are other teams results... especially from last year.

Sorry, you're wrong. If Iowa can look terrible while losing to North Dakota State at the start of the year, and beat Michigan at the end of the year, it means they improved a great deal during the year. We can improve a lot over the course of the year. Although I still think Cavanaugh should immediately be let go after his OLine's performance.

No it doesn't. You sucked bad at the start of last year. I mean you were a terrible team. And you had both your returning starting QB back, and you weren't breaking in a new defensive scheme. Pretty embarrassing losing to NDSU to say the least.

But you improved, and beat Michigan at home. And you beat us soundly, a team with a QB that could barely stand, let alone run.

That means we can also improve by the end of the year.
Tommy was our best player that day! ;)

Which we probably aren't above right now. But still funny that the Hawkeyes lost to them with their starting QB returning. RollingLaugh
Hey, don't mess with the Bison!
col2.jpg

Wow, you want to bring up an embarrassing Iowa loss to make this loss feel better?

Too Funny!

Nebraska can turn this around. You should be 3-2 after the Illinois game. If you win two crossover games and then beat the teams you normally beat, you could have 7 or 8 wins. Im thinking that would be acceptable after your start?

Op, whatever makes you feel better man. Bash away at Iowa all you want, that's just jealousy. There was zero chance of Nebraska being anything less than 4-1 with the first 5 games of your schedule, yet you sit here at 1-2, bash away.

Is it funny Iowa is 23-7 in their last 30? Success I'm sure you'd take right now..
NDSU would've beaten neb last year and obviously this year too. To each their own.

I watched Iowa play both teams last year. Iowa beat neb and NDSU beat up Iowa.

NDSU would've beaten neb last year and obviously this year too. To each their own.

Wrong. We started the year strong last year. Iowa sucked to start the year, but got better as the year went on. We would have beat NDSU pretty soundly last year.

Is it funny Iowa is 23-7 in their last 30? Success I'm sure you'd take right now..

You still have that big eyesore losing to North Dakota State for all of eternity. Plus you went 1-1 vs Northern Illinois, very nearly going 0-2.

What makes you think that!? Is Nebraska even. 500 since Riley started??

Because we didn't start slow last year. We were 7-0 at one point and ranked 7th in the nation, before losing in OT at Wisconsin. That's what having a healthy QB does for you.

Wrong. We started the year strong last year. Iowa sucked to start the year, but got better as the year went on. We would have beat NDSU pretty soundly last year.

Ummmm ya. Sure.
Iowa was and always is the same team. They might play the worst team to a 7 pt game and then beat a highly ranked team the next week.
It's why KF is so good and so bad all at once.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Ummmm ya. Sure.
Iowa was and always is the same team. They might play the worst team to a 7 pt game and then beat a highly ranked team the next week.
It's why KF is so good and so bad all at once.

Iowa has started slow pretty much every year we've been in the B1G. Look at your schedule since 2010. Either losing to teams you shouldn't or playing teams close that you shouldn't. Every year.

If that helps you cope with what happened today, tell yourself what you need to.

Tell me how I need to go about this. Iowa fans are used to losing to teams you shouldn't early in the year. North Dakota State, Iowa State, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan. Tell me, one who is well-versed in such matters, how should I approach such a dilemma?

Tell me how I need to go about this. Iowa fans are used to losing to teams you shouldn't early in the year. North Dakota State, Iowa State, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan. Tell me, one who is well-versed in such matters, how should I approach such a dilemma?

I'm not your therapist. Approach it however you want to. I can tell you as an Iowa fan that trying to rub my nose in the NDSU loss last year is no skin off my back. We housed Nebraska and it wasn't the highlight of our season.

Getting back to the here and now, no previous loss has any impact on this season. We're sitting at 3-0 while you're sitting at.. well...you know

NDSU is no joke. Don't need to feel bad losing to them, just ask Minny, K State, Iowa St. Colorado St. Kansas, etc.. Yes they could beat Nebraska.

North Texas gave our boys all they could handle for about three quarters in Kinnick today.
There is a lot more pairity in College football today than 10 years ago.

I've never seen the Huskers quit. They will bounce back.
No they didn't Iowa had 2 TD's called back.

I talk about it all the time and most people look at me like I'm stupid but there is this thing I call a champions mentality. When you are so used to winning you just win. It doesn't matter that the other guy is x,y,z. Your going to win because that's what you do and eventually it's all you know. It takes a long time for a team to gain it and can go away very quickly but NDSU has that as a program. If the game is close they are going to win. Iowa fan into that and it cost them. The first step to getting this in my opinion is being the team that wins ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT