ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa our Rival? According to TO, they are not...

I see your players and fans get more worked about beating Nebraska than just about anyone else.
I believe this is true. Iowa is in a weird position if being surrounded as a state with conference rivals all around us and an in-state school we play annually. For that reason it feels like we are playing a heated rival every week, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, ISU, hell, Illinois used to be huge.

Beating Nebraska has become a very big thing though.

He hit a walk off field goal to beat an undefeated and 3rd ranked Michigan team 2 years ago. I would say that qualifies as his highlight.
And his reaction to that one wasn't taunting the opposing sideline.

EDIT: Point being, his reaction to hitting a game winner vs. sub-.500 Nebraska compared to #3 Michigan seemed equal in enthusiasm, but different in emotion.

Reactions: RothMatt
No we are our own rival at this point. We are the keystone kops and can’t stop giving games away and Iowa still needs last second field goals to beat us.RollingLaughIf we ever figure how to get over our self-imposed mental hurdle Iowa will be an afterthought. Our real rivals would reveal themselves to us at that time.
We may eventually be an after-thought but I guarantee you won't ever put 40 or 50 points against us in our house! Your beloved Memorial is not a daunting place to play and we should just annex it as our home to the West.

Yesterday's win wasn't pretty and like you said if we would have gotten over our "mental hurdles" like not turning the ball over or capitalizing in the red zone, the game would have been lopsided like our last stop in Lincoln.
Plus you had the officials in your back pocket all day that we had to fight against too. Down play the significance all you want. You can chant "Who hates Iowa?" but Minnesota already claims that moniker.

We may eventually be an after-thought but I guarantee you won't ever put 40 or 50 points against us in our house! Your beloved Memorial is not a daunting place to play and we should just annex it as our home to the West.

Yesterday's win wasn't pretty and like you said if we would have gotten over our "mental hurdles" like not turning the ball over or capitalizing in the red zone, the game would have been lopsided like our last stop in Lincoln.
Plus you had the officials in your back pocket all day that we had to fight against too. Down play the significance all you want. You can chant "Who hates Iowa?" but Minnesota already claims that moniker.
“Ever” covers a lot of years Iowa millennial fu€k stick. RollingLaugh

I believe this is true. Iowa is in a weird position if being surrounded as a state with conference rivals all around us and an in-state school we play annually. For that reason it feels like we are playing a heated rival every week, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, ISU, hell, Illinois used to be huge.

Beating Nebraska has become a very big thing though.

That is for sure a unique environment for Iowa.

That is for sure a unique environment for Iowa.
It is. Add in we play Penn State every damn year, the wrestling rivalry with them, and the fact everybody in the conference hates those pedophile enablers, that's another rival game, at least in intensity.

Iowa plays in a heated rivalry type game more often than not and for that reason the team is hardened and battle tested. It's also the reason KF maintains an even keel attitude because you can't go through a season on an emotional rollercoaster. But the emotion was sure coming out yesterday, that's how I know the players see Nebraska as a big rival game. The emotion is there.

Reactions: swiahawk and 9and4
Better hope not I’m undefeated at Kinnick, watched Crouch put up 40 plus there and then watched Burkhead shove it up iowas ass in 2012.
2012 was a gimme. Yo
Better hope not I’m undefeated at Kinnick, watched Crouch put up 40 plus there and then watched Burkhead shove it up iowas ass in 2012. RollingLaugh
You just need to throw in one of your VHS tapes of the 90's and you hopefully will calm down.
Aint no argument that Burkhead was a good back but I remember that game going to overtime. But Akrum Wadley ran the ball up your asses in Lincloln and your o
Better hope not I’m undefeated at Kinnick, watched Crouch put up 40 plus there and then watched Burkhead shove it up iowas ass in 2012. RollingLaugh
Not going to take away that Burkhead was a good player at all but he didn't do as much damage as Akrum Wadley did to you guys in Lincoln 2 years ago.
Plus what your Native Omaha star Noah Fant did to you guys that same game. Eric Crouch..he deserves his props.

Who says there has to be? I'm sure it will happen naturally at some point.

What I'm sick of is the manufactured, corporately-sponsored rivalry game trophies (ours with Iowa and Wisconsin). Can we at least agree those two are stupid? I'm not saying that because we always lose, give me the Floyd of Rosedale, Old Oaken Bucket, those Paul Bunyan ones, even $5 Bits of Broken Chair is fun because they weren't conjured up by a bunch of administrators looking to brand a game.
I agree with that

What is this last 18 years bullshit??? Did CFB start then?? Damn. You are the epitome of a worthless Iowa troll.
I guess one could argue it's the age of high school recruits. But it is a convenient period for someone looking to give a jab at Nebraska given how long we've been struggling.

It's a rivalry and when Nebraska players take the game as seriously as the Iowa ones obviously do, then perhaps the wins will start coming.

The game is a big, big deal to the Hawks.

beating Nebraska is a big deal to the hawks? How so. You guys are just another bottom feeder on the schedule. More a pain in the ass than anything. Beating you guys is great to keep you off our boards and to mark down another win. Nothing more, nothing less.

beating Nebraska is a big deal to the hawks? How so. You guys are just another bottom feeder on the schedule. More a pain in the ass than anything. Beating you guys is great to keep you off our boards and to mark down another win. Nothing more, nothing less.
Keep us off your boards?? Hahaha. Oh the irony. NU is big brother and beating us is your National title. As evidenced by the number of Herky morons spouting off on here all year.

Keep us off your boards?? Hahaha. Oh the irony. NU is big brother and beating us is your National title. As evidenced by the number of Herky morons spouting off on here all year.

You don’t think we have our share of husker trolls on our board? Comical. That is all we have heard from husker trolls since winning last year is non stop wait until next year. Now that next year has come and gone, you guys are nowhere to be found on the Iowa board. Good riddance. However, give it a couple weeks and we will be right back to square one.

moral of the story. Don’t want us on your board, try beating us. Most of us couldn’t wait to come rub it in after all the bs we have heard from you guys.

reap it!!!

Reactions: haw-key
If that's the case, I'd love to see what your kicker does if he hits a game-winning field goal against one of those teams.
I don't know what their kicker does.....but the Husker's kicker ran down the field after hitting a game winner at Penn State "shushing" the crowd a few years back.

You don’t think we have our share of husker trolls on our board? Comical. That is all we have heard from husker trolls since winning last year is non stop wait until next year. Now that next year has come and gone, you guys
are nowhere to be found on the Iowa board. Good riddance. However, give it a couple weeks and we will be right back to square one.

moral of the story. Don’t want us on your board, try beating us. Most of us couldn’t wait to come rub it in after all the bs we have heard from you guys.

reap it!!!
Reap this, your a 7-8 win program with a shit non conference schedule. You haven’t and won’t win anything that matters. And Kirks boy will take over and you can keep striving for your 7-5 seasons. It doesn’t get any better for ya.

Reap this, your a 7-8 win program with a shit non conference schedule. You haven’t and won’t win anything that matters. And Kirks boy will take over and you can keep striving for your 7-5 seasons. It doesn’t get any better for ya.
we had 9 wins last year, and 9 this year with a bowl to come. You know 9 wins, what Frost has in 2 years

we had 9 wins last year, and 9 this year with a bowl to come. You know 9 wins, what Frost has in 2 years
Pelini had it every year and sometimes 10 what’s your point. It’s average when people play 13 games. We are rock bottom and lost twice on walkoff fgs. Like I said average is average does and u boys are average nothing more

Iowa blew their only chance at the playoffs against Mich St a couple years ago... couldn’t stop them at the goal line. Complete letdown and emasculation! Laughed my ass off at that! Then in the Rose Bowl Stanford fists your team up and down the field!!! Laughed even more! Keep trying Cumshothawks! You BLOW! Enjoy getting blown out by an SEC team in your bowl.

The actions of your players and fans say otherwise.

Whatever makes you feel better, I guess. If you are referring to our kicker, that seems pretty petty on your part. No idea what you are talking about the fans. But, like I said. If it makes you sleep better, have at it.

Iowa blew their only chance at the playoffs against Mich St a couple years ago... couldn’t stop them at the goal line. Complete letdown and emasculation! Laughed my ass off at that! Then in the Rose Bowl Stanford fists your team up and down the field!!! Laughed even more! Keep trying Cumshothawks! You BLOW! Enjoy getting blown out by an SEC team in your bowl.
At least they are going to a bowl in which to get blown out.....more than we can say.

Haha..... you mad bro? You seem mad.

btw. We have already won 9 games with a chance for number 10. We won 9 games last year as well. Of course we would like more division and conference championships. I think Iowa is positioned well to compete for them.

As far as non con goes. Pretty stupid comment. Iowa played a top 25 team in the non conference this year. Probably not a whole lot of other p5 teams that can say the same.

Keep being mad bro. It looks good on you.

If they aren’t rivals then what, the bullies next door? 5 in a row, you can make up every excuse to help you swallow it and be in denial but that hurts.

Bullies... dumb... pffft! Iowa was really impressive yesterday. Iowa football is mediocre and it's fanbase is worse. Bunch a punces and dog blossoms.

Haha.... the irony of this guy posting right after my post #63 calling out husker trolls for being on our board in a couple weeks. It took him all of 5 minutes after the game yesterday to be on our board talking shit.

Pure comedy!!!

Haha..... you mad bro? You seem mad.

btw. We have already won 9 games with a chance for number 10. We won 9 games last year as well. Of course we would like more division and conference championships. I think Iowa is positioned well to compete for them.

As far as non con goes. Pretty stupid comment. Iowa played a top 25 team in the non conference this year. Probably not a whole lot of other p5 teams that can say the same.

Keep being mad bro. It looks good on you.

Not mad at all. Stating facts which is over Iowa’s history they are a 7-8 win team.

If 9 wins is that big of an accomplishment there’s a guy in Youngstown that did that here and some years 10 even and owned your ass. Shows the difference in expectation in programs. If I was an Iowa fan and knew this is the ceiling I would be mad. We will revisit this down the road.

btw 9-4 is average as it gets and your top 25 win over Isu is laughable. Enjoy your average team for the rest of your life.

Not mad at all. Stating facts which is over Iowa’s history they are a 7-8 team.

9 wins is that big of an accomplishment there’s a guy in Youngstown that did that here and some years 10 even and owned your ass. Shows the difference in expectation in programs. If I was an Iowa fan and knew this is the ceiling I would be mad. We will revisit this down the road.

btw 9-4 is average as it gets and your top 25 win over Isu is laughable. Enjoy your average team for the rest of your life.

yeah, you are mad. It’s funny.

Haha.... the irony of this guy posting right after my post #63 calling out husker trolls for being on our board in a couple weeks. It took him all of 5 minutes after the game yesterday to be on our board talking shit.

Pure comedy!!!

Then laugh and get the f¥<£ off our board you black and yellow bitch. Sick of your shit.

Iowa is much more of a rival than Wisconsin is. I don't think anybody thinks of Wisconsin as a rival besides a few delusional Husker fans.

Reactions: LM..Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT