ADVERTISEMENT

internet hotspot...

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
what is an internet hotspot? my son wanted/needed me to sign a form about a hotspot, and i told him I don't just sign things when i don't know what they are. he said, "dad, just sign it, it is no big deal." i said, "dude, i don't just sign things when i don't know what they are."

does a hotspot mess with my internet? like, can it take control of my internet? i don't want more people being able to take control of my internet, it's already bad enough.

i have not signed the form, i told him i need to research first.

what is an internet hotspot? my son wanted/needed me to sign a form about a hotspot, and i told him I don't just sign things when i don't know what they are. he said, "dad, just sign it, it is no big deal." i said, "dude, i don't just sign things when i don't know what they are."

does a hotspot mess with my internet? like, can it take control of my internet? i don't want more people being able to take control of my internet, it's already bad enough.

My god! I want to watch a reality show about you. I would watch every episode! Hahaha

https://www.aarp.org/home-family/personal-technology/info-2021/smartphone-wifi-hot-spot.html

Might want to bookmark this site

Reactions: Jaemekon

wait... was this LPS asking you to sign a form? Assuming it is, would wanna know 1000% what data you were giving them access to. There's something potentially medico-legally sensitive if they're asking you to sign a form. There's a hidden motive in there somewhere if it's LPS.

Go talk to your cellphone provider

I was wrong. You are more strange and weird than I thought.

wait... was this LPS asking you to sign a form? Assuming it is, would wanna know 1000% what data you were giving them access to. There's something potentially medico-legally sensitive if they're asking you to sign a form. There's a hidden motive in there somewhere if it's LPS.

it is, and this is why i got weird about it. additionally, i don't know what a hotspot is, but i sure don't want lps to have access to my internet.

Seems like this would be an appropriate place to ask a made up question unrelated to football.

i assumed there would be someone here with an answer. i was wrong to assume people here would know what a hotspot is.

Wouldn’t sign that if my life depended on it.
If it’s protected within your home to boost internet that’s one thing, if it’s LPS pulling the strings on it and they’re asking for you to SIGN SOMETHING, there’s more likely than not some motive there. F*ck them.

• Love
If it’s protected within your home to boost internet that’s one thing, if it’s LPS pulling the strings on it and they’re asking for you to SIGN SOMETHING, there’s more likely than not some motive there. F*ck them.
What would their motive be?

Reactions: Huskers123456
What would their motive be?
Well, they’re requiring parental permission to (presumably) link kids’ smartphones to something other than a public WiFi. Surveillance. Public education = Gubmint. Gubmint = surveillance and control. Schools are their #1 medium for it.

It’s more the requirement of a signature that should raise suspicion. Why do that?

Back in the day, your mom sure was a hot spot.

Just had to wait your turn.
TiBh7NymPfNuhbKCaP.webp

It is just a portable router. Basically if you are in your car you can connect your ipad to your phones wifi.

i haven't considered such a thing, probably because my phone is basically already an ipad (never had an ipad, so i can not say this for certain).

i guess my questions were, what is a hotspot (you say it's just another router), and why would they need to put another router in my house? i already have one, it works for all my stuff already, why do they want me to put a hotspot in my house? that is sketchy to me.

Well, they’re requiring parental permission to (presumably) link kids’ smartphones to something other than a public WiFi. Surveillance. Public education = Gubmint. Gubmint = surveillance and control. Schools are their #1 medium for it.

It’s more the requirement of a signature that should raise suspicion. Why do that?

whatever happened to just doing homework on paper? why do they have to get all stupid with computers and shit? this wouldn't be an issue if they didn't want more access to my home.

i haven't considered such a thing, probably because my phone is basically already an ipad (never had an ipad, so i can not say this for certain).

i guess my questions were, what is a hotspot (you say it's just another router), and why would they need to put another router in my house? i already have one, it works for all my stuff already, why do they want me to put a hotspot in my house? that is sketchy to me.
This is just a guess because I don't do anything with LPS BUT, if there is any remote learning done, snowdays, learn from home, whatever. The school wants to make sure that every student would have access to online education.

Again, no idea if that is what it is. To be honest, I don't totally understand it, I just know that is what my school (Yes, I am a teacher but I promise I am not trying to push my evil agenda on anyone...I am just waiting for Christmas, NOT WINTER, but Christmas break to start)

This is just a guess because I don't do anything with LPS BUT, if there is any remote learning done, snowdays, learn from home, whatever. The school wants to make sure that every student would have access to online education.

Again, no idea if that is what it is. To be honest, I don't totally understand it, I just know that is what my school (Yes, I am a teacher but I promise I am not trying to push my evil agenda on anyone...I am just waiting for Christmas, NOT WINTER, but Christmas break to start)

I'm probably just not going to sign it if that's the case then. if it's only for online learning, then it isn't essential. they have the whole school day and every day that isn't a snowday (which we rarely get here) to teach what is necessary. homework is exploitation anyway.

I'm ready for Christmas break too.

I'm probably just not going to sign it if that's the case then. if it's only for online learning, then it isn't essential. they have the whole school day and every day that isn't a snowday (which we rarely get here) to teach what is necessary. homework is exploitation anyway.

How are your kids not home-schooled??? Haha

Start your thread with OT, you do realize most posters are annoyed by your off the wall threads

i assumed there would be someone here with an answer. i was wrong to assume people here would know what a hotspo
My understanding is a hotspot is an internet connected device providing access to the internet for other devices.

While away from home, my niece turns on the hotspot feature of her phone, which broadcasts a wifi signal that the kids connect to on their devices and they can then connect to the internet thru her phone.

At work we used to provide a hotspot device to employees that traveled. They'd plug it into the internet in their hotel room and it would broadcast a wifi signal. Then all of their devices could access the internet thru this wifi signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
Start your thread with OT, you do realize most posters are annoyed by your off the wall threads

i do when i remember to. i wasn't aware, sorry for bumming you guys out (the guys that are mad).

My understanding is a hotspot is an internet connected device providing access to the internet for other devices.

While away from home, my niece turns on the hotspot feature of her phone, which broadcasts a wifi signal that the kids connect to on their devices and they can then connect to the internet thru her phone.

At work we used to provide a hotspot device to employees that traveled. They'd plug it into the internet in their hotel room and it would broadcast a wifi signal. Then all of their devices could access the internet thru this wifi signal.
Obviously you'd want to consider how to not allow just anyone to connect to your hotspot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT