ADVERTISEMENT

In the era of passing, you have to have a qb you can count on..

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
to move the ball and get ONE first down. Coaches obviously couldn't trust Tommy to make a throw on their last drive. You could just see it coming, run three times and punt. Hell, run Tommy out of a diamond formation and at least give Wisconsin something to think about.

to move the ball and get ONE first down. Coaches obviously couldn't trust Tommy to make a throw on their last drive. You could just see it coming, run three times and punt. Hell, run Tommy out of a diamond formation and at least give Wisconsin something to think about.
Sorry...every single team out there will run the ball three times in that situation. First, you can't afford a mistake...and second you have to take their timeouts.

Sorry...every single team out there will run the ball three times in that situation. First, you can't afford a mistake...and second you have to take their timeouts.
Oh really, Baylor, OU, Ohio State, etc., would? Doubt it. If they would, they would at least give some deception instead of announcing what is coming, right up the middle.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
to move the ball and get ONE first down. Coaches obviously couldn't trust Tommy to make a throw on their last drive. You could just see it coming, run three times and punt.
I have to admit. I"M FARGIN PISSED!!!!

I totally agree as well. If you have a QB who can both run and throw, in that situation, you have him do a rollout, and with a pass/run option. Simple as that. All we needed was the first down and the game is OVER!!!

3 runs right down the middle against a team that specializes in stopping the run, and who also has THREE TIMEOUTS!!!!! Not even one attempt to get the first down. What was the point? They literally lost no more than 15 seconds of time.

Okay, I'm not really this mad. But the logical person in me, does not get why you don't use your mobile QB's ability in this scenario.

It's a rebuild year, and that's that. I will though eat some crow and agree that Coach Riley makes some curious decisions.

Reactions: Park Avenue
I have to admit. I"M FARGIN PISSED!!!!

I totally agree as well. If you have a QB who can both run and throw, in that situation, you have him do a rollout, and with a pass/run option. Simple as that. All we needed was the first down and the game is OVER!!!

3 runs right down the middle against a team that specializes in stopping the run, and who also has THREE TIMEOUTS!!!!! Not even one attempt to get the first down. What was the point? They literally lost no more than 15 seconds of time.

Okay, I'm not really this mad. But the logical person in me, does not get why you don't use your mobile QB's ability in this scenario.

It's a rebuild year, and that's that. I will though eat some crow and agree that Coach Riley makes some curious decisions.
They didnt use Tommy's mobility at all in the 2nd half. Oh wait I think they did once. Mean while Michigan crushes NW 38-0

.538 loses another one.

This is embarrassing to be penalized so much. This is this coaches history and the board football geniuses think its going to improve.

Every stupid team will do this. You get the first down in that situation, no matter what, every time. If you have to pass every down, you pass every down. And you don't give it to your slow rb with unsure hands on an outside run. I will say wenough called the timeouts at the right time, but that last offensive series was pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT