ADVERTISEMENT

I'm just going to leave this here.

They mean nothing to us, and everything to the players.

If you win a division championship. You are the best team in that division.Nothing wrong with celebrating.

Division championships,are equal to winning the Big 8...we can pretend that it isn't all we want.

8 games in the division.

They mean nothing to us, and everything to the players.

If you win a division championship. You are the best team in that division.Nothing wrong with celebrating.

Division championships,are equal to winning the Big 8...we,member can keep lying to ourselves all we want.

A division championship SHOULD be celebrated... for about ten minutes in the locker room. Rings, trophies and parades should be for national champions, not for baby steps towards that goal. Next we'll be tearing down the goal posts after division championships and then we'll become... Iowa. Eff that.

A division championship SHOULD be celebrated... for about ten minutes in the locker room. Rings, trophies and parades should be for national champions, not for baby steps towards that goal. Next we'll be tearing down the goal posts after division championships and then we'll become... Iowa. Eff that.
Looks like you became Iowa at least as early as 2012. Does this mean I get to talk about how awesome the 90s were?
I kid. I kid. Don't shoot. Post a "Hawkeyes on my belly" gif or something and we'll call it even.

Reactions: hexumhawk

So there should be no ring for a conference championship.?.please..we're just fans..get over ourselves. As a matter of fact it's dumb for a fan to even complain, about when we havent done one thing to contribute to their success. Its borderline get a life.

If we win the Rose bowl they should just get a pat on the back because it's not a NC.

So there should be no ring for a conference championship.?.please..we're just fans..get over ourselves. As a matter of fact it's dumb for a fan to even complain, about when we havent done one thing to contribute to their success. Its borderline get a life.

If we win the Rose bowl they should just get a pat on the back because it's not a NC.

No ring. The TEAM should get a trophy for the case. If you want a ring then you need to win a NC. I couldn't say it any plainer than that. Rings for winning a conference division are like ceremonies for 8th grade graduation.

Last edited:
Reactions: gw2kpro
Honestly, I just didn't know how smart you are. I've seen you say a ton of dumb stuff, thought this was more of the same... Forgive me for missing your sarcasm... you just aren't very good at it.
I don't understand your negativity, I like you a lot.

Reactions: timnsun
No ring. The TEAM should get a trophy for the case. If you want a ring then you need to win a NC. I couldn't say it any plainer than that. Rings for winning a conference division are like ceremonies for 8th grade graduation.

What about conference titles?

You have your opinion. I respect it.

I would think Conference and National Titles deserve rings. Any other is too much. Especially a ring for the Big 12 North or Big 10 West.

Too be fair because I have Hawkeye friends.
This is the first time they won 12 games in a season a school achievement.

With No conference CC or Rose Bowl ring I can see were the Husker fans that hate the rivals from the east see this as laughable.
I'm not sure I'd want to keep any momentous of that rose bowl if I was an Iowa fan. Overall season ok, but that bowl game was a disaster.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Division, Conference, Playoff, Championship. Worthy goals, in obvious ascending order of importance.

Reactions: jeans15
I'm not sure I'd want to keep any momentous of that rose bowl if I was an Iowa fan. Overall season ok, but that bowl game was a disaster.
Stanford hung 56 on UCLA last year by the end of the 3rd qtr then called off the dogs. McCaffrey (who should have won the Heisman) had 360 total yards 234 rushing . No one thinks the results would have been any different if a team in red and white had played them. That page has been turned I believe this is 2016.

Last edited:
Stanford hung 56 on UCLA last year by the end of the 3rd qtr then called off the dogs. McCaffrey (who should have won the Heisman) had 360 total yards 234 rushing . No one thinks the results would have been any different if a team in red and white had played them. That page has been turned I believe this is 2016.

Go away...

Stanford hung 38 on Iowa this year by the end of the 3rd quarter and called off the dogs at halftime. McCaffrey (who should have won the Heisman) racked up 368 all-purpose yards, setting a Rose Bowl Record. Iowa gave up 6.1 yards per carry this year vs. Stanford. UCLA gave up 6.5 yards per carry last year vs. Stanford. Iowa had 289 yards vs. Stanford this year. UCLA had 506 yards vs. Stanford last year. No one disagrees that a match up between UCLA and Iowa would have produced a much more competitive game. Turning the page might be a good idea for hawkeye fans.

Rose Bowl logo looks great on the rings. (McCaffrey just scored again.)

Looks like you became Iowa at least as early as 2012. Does this mean I get to talk about how awesome the 90s were?
I kid. I kid. Don't shoot. Post a "Hawkeyes on my belly" gif or something and we'll call it even.
54c949559305e.image.jpg

See what's wrong with this picture?

How can a Hawkeye bar be called Glory Days, when you have never had any?

Go away...
Stanford hung 38 on Iowa this year by the end of the 3rd quarter and called off the dogs at halftime. McCaffrey (who should have won the Heisman) racked up 368 all-purpose yards, setting a Rose Bowl Record. Iowa gave up 6.1 yards per carry this year vs. Stanford. UCLA gave up 6.5 yards per carry last year vs. Stanford. Iowa had 289 yards vs. Stanford this year. UCLA had 506 yards vs. Stanford last year. No one disagrees that a match up between UCLA and Iowa would have produced a much more competitive game. Turning the page might be a good idea for hawkeye fans.

Rose Bowl logo looks great on the rings. (McCaffrey just scored again.)
I don't see any proclamation that the red and white would have beaten them I must have missed that part.

I'm pretty sure the Ohio St ring was supposed to say "OHIO", but they let Cardale draw it up and nobody spellchecked him before it went off to the jeweler's.

I'm sure you think yourself clever, but that Cardale Jones won a national championship. And your team? Whether people think rings are gaudy or not, it boosts the morale of the teams that get them. I think you should only get rings if you've won a national championship. However, the B1G doesn't win national championships in football very often. You have to motivate people in some manner.

That MSU ring is very cool, and the Nebraska ring is OK, but that Ohio State ring couldn't be any more effing gaudy and hideous. Good grief, it's an animated billboard for bad taste.

They're all gaudy. However, I will say Ohio State made up for it by winning the national championship! (Barely)

I don't approve of having participation rings, but the athletic departments don't ask the regular fan. Thank goodness, I don't have to root for teams that haven't had a national championship to even think about in the 21st Century. Will be glad to see the B1G actually get some football teams that are serious about actually winning a national title. Hoping for a better season this year for the conference.

They're all gaudy. However, I will say Ohio State made up for it by winning the national championship! (Barely)

I don't approve of having participation rings, but the athletic departments don't ask the regular fan. Thank goodness, I don't have to root for teams that haven't had a national championship to even think about in the 21st Century. Will be glad to see the B1G actually get some football teams that are serious about actually winning a national title. Hoping for a better season this year for the conference.

It's a little more difficult when you don't have truckloads of talent in your back yard. We're working on getting some talent in though. BTW, we played in the 2001 national title game, so we were thinking about winning a national title in the 21st century.

That OhioState ring is still by far the gaudiest of them all.

Not really. I can't remember ever hearing a 12-2 season by the Huskers ever being referred to as historic. Congrats on your "historic" season.
I would say outside of the Alabama's of the world an undefeated regular season is pretty historic considering must schools haven't done it. Not sure why you are so worried about one word that was put in a tweet that has nothing to do with nebraska? You made a ring for a 10-4 season and if twitter was as popular back then I'm sure Nebraskas football account wouldve said something similar. Keep beating your chest hardass

AR-151209715.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1306

Yep we did expand a bit. I personally think the rings are stupid and that why we have some unfinished business in 2016.

What are all those Big Ten trophies in the bottom two rows of that trophy case? I'm aware Iowa won the Big Ten in 2002 and 2004 (but that would be a different style trophy) and the Hawkeyes have only won the division once since divisional play was started.

What are all those Big Ten trophies in the bottom two rows of that trophy case? I'm aware Iowa won the Big Ten in 2002 and 2004 (but that would be a different style trophy) and the Hawkeyes have only won the division once since divisional play was started.

I can tell you that Iowa has won 11 conference titles shared or outright, so they must have asked the B1G to make them some B1G trophys for the years they had won the conference is what it appears to me.

I'm sure you think yourself clever, but that Cardale Jones won a national championship. And your team? Whether people think rings are gaudy or not, it boosts the morale of the teams that get them. I think you should only get rings if you've won a national championship. However, the B1G doesn't win national championships in football very often. You have to motivate people in some manner.
I don't think I was being particularly clever. I was just pointing out that some of the players responsible for winning national championships for their schools would have a tough time beating my 8 year old in a spelling bee, which is either ironic, funny or sad. You choose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT