ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to pay over 500 million to leave ACC.

Doesn't sound like a done deal yet. FSU having another board meeting tomorrow to explore legal challenges to the GOR. This is like the 10th time they've done that. Not very optimistic this will be the time they find a loophole, but CFB gets crazier by the day, who knows.

Reactions: Laner2
Chip Kelly's layout for college football can't get here fast enough

64 team Power Conference
72 team Group Conference

8 8-team regional Power divisions
8 9-team regional Group divisions

NFL scheduling - 7 games against your division, 2 against 1 rotating regional division, 2 against another rotating regional division, 1 against a regional Group opponent

16 team playoff

1 commissioner, 1 TV contract, revenue sharing with players

all other non-football sports revert back to traditional conferences. football still funds them all.

Last edited:
If so, I guess AAU membership no longer matters. You may recall we were kicked out of AAU after being accepted into the B1G and the general belief was we were fortunate the ejection happened after we became members rather than before.
That still sticks in my craw. The rationale was just a smoke screen perpetrated by a couple of elitist university presidents.

64 team Power Conference
72 team Group Conference

NFL scheduling - 7 games against your division, 2 against 1 rotating regional division, 2 against another rotating regional division, 1 against a regional Group opponent

16 team playoff

So basically a baby NFL Sick

64 team Power Conference
72 team Group Conference

16 team playoff

This system actually makes sense, even though it's not what I would want (put everyone back in their 2009 conferences and everyone gets paid the same lump sum). Keeps the Group of 5 teams in football (I like the smaller guys sometimes), and puts most teams back in the regional areas they belong. Keeps all teams in football currently. It is pretty smart. But, SEC and BIG would never agree to it I think. It's too smart and so the powers that exist will never agree to it.

Reactions: king_kong_
this is the catalyst for the acc to fracture, disband, private schools go ivy, and the formation of three major conferences.

Like iowa’s schedule 🤣🤣🤣
lucky for iowa they didn't have the vaunted boston college to play against

hopefully they do join, you'll get to watch your 2 favorite teams play eachother, and maybe your wife's boyfriend will let you clean up after

Reactions: Bertimos

hopefully they do join, you'll get to watch your 2 favorite teams play eachother, and maybe your wife's boyfriend will let you clean up after
harsh, that last line is one of the better put-downs i've read in days. whew!

dale-catches-john-redcorn-in-the-act-photo-u1

64 team Power Conference
72 team Group Conference

16 team playoff

all other non-football sports revert back to traditional conferences. football still funds them all.
NCAA is gone,

Which also means a version of prop 48 will be back.

The "commish" will work FOR the schools not against them.

Can't wait to see what that vaunted Iowa defense looks like when they play Michigan, OSU, USC, Oregon and FSU during the season.

Also can't wait to watch the undercover Iowa fans that post here as Husker fans try to NOT blow their cover as they reply to this post.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT