ADVERTISEMENT

If you thought S&C were out of sorts...

I believe it is time for Boyd to ride off into the sunset and let Duval have complete control of this program. There is a reason the baseball team didn't really want Boyd involved with their strength program. After TO retired, our strength and conditioning program really started to fall off as Boyd was more worried about selling his programs and equipment to make a dollar than he was about the Husker program. People complain about all of the soft tissue injuries the last couple years under MP only to forget that there were some serious injuries because of Boyd's lifting program(Athletic Pubalgia) in the early 2000's. Boyd's programs were cutting edge back in the day and it looks like ZD has taken his program from his and expanded on it. I love Boyd for what he did, but I think that this has passed him by.

Duval has control Kaz. All good. They speak the same language.

GBR

The players perception of the coach- his credibility is important

Osborne is impressive- owns the room
Played in the NFL
CONSISTENT WINNER
Healthy- Athletic

You dont think Frost energy and still great athletic ability isnt impressive to these kids? Then you just dont understand or work with athletes much

Riley
63- looks older
Haggard looking
Unathletic- hunchback
Whimp- by any definition- even from his supporters
Talks like Mr Rodgers
Career ,500 coach

You dont think kids dont value Frost more?
They dont listen closer to him?
They dont relate better to him?
Wow

Kids these days dont say how high when you say jump
They are looking for a reason to believe or not believe you.
They are belleving Frost before Riley and his athleticism- record, mannerisms, voice and whimpiness MATTER

I guarantee those kids didnt respect Mike Riley- none of them were helping him fight for his job

If you ride a bike and own a Prius- or talk like Mr Rodgers and never lifted a weight in your life- no need to take offense- take it personal- doesnt mean you are a bad person. Kids these days respect a Frost WAY more than they do a Riley- partly based on what I said AND IT MATTERS

If you ride a bike and own a Prius?

Starting to think the fanbase is the next hurdle for Frost. Honestly, a bunch of morons. Ban me, again.

You people don't get it.

Thank God I saw the way it should be.

You must be talking about someone else
I dont use PM
And no need to apologise- you were wrong- no sin in not knowing what classifications lifts are in- lots of people dont know- now you do- move on
We have a pm function on this board? I've never found it.

And nothing to do with Frost’s merits!

I worry what might happen to some on here if they simply could not find any more dead horses to beat. Would they be able to make the intial point—the one worth making—at all?
I find this post somewhat ironic in that many of the posters who are all upset about beating the MR dead horse after 6 months were the ones that beat the Bo dead horse for three years.

I find this post somewhat ironic in that many of the posters who are all upset about beating the MR dead horse after 6 months were the ones that beat the Bo dead horse for three years.

Why do you still love Bo so much? You can just tell that part of the reason so many of you want to keep beating on Riley is that you are just so damn butthurt about how things went down with Bo.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Why do you still love Bo so much? You can just tell that part of the reason so many of you want to keep beating on Riley is that you are just so damn butthurt about how things went down with Bo.
I don't love Bo. I was on board with his firing prior to his last year. But I absolutely hated the next hire which then told me maybe we didn't have it so bad under Bo. You seem to be in that group that believes if you hated Riley you automatically loved Bo. Absolutely not the case.

What I hate is the three years......and now another 5 months of Riley apologists trying to save face on the MR hire by blaming Bo for everything. That dog don't hunt and the facts are there to support it. And yet we still hear them whining about how he was handed a raw deal. We have posters acting like SF should be held accountable to the same 9-10 game win standard as MR was held to in his first year.

Somehow they think being handed a 4-8 team with a whole lot of culture issues and playing the #1 ranked schedule is easier than being handed over a team that was used to winning 9+ games a year with an easy schedule.

So much truth. Stockholm Syndrome. The guy didn't even want to be here, and the coalition of butthurt continues for him.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I love how the Bo-bots keep bringing up these fictional Riley apologists.
Yep. Every time an apologists tells us how great MR left if for Scott Frost compared to what he got from Bo we just suddenly appear. There are people here that act like MR was hired for a 3 year plan to get Scott in perfect position. He was our white knight savior to help SF get us to the next level. They dismiss the facts that MR was fired for what amounts to the worst train wreck of modern day history for our football program.

But heck.....give the credit to MR for leaving the program in such a valuable place. How can SF not win a National Championship based on the quality of that 4-8 team.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
for the love of god - no one light a match or we are likely to have an inferno on our hands with all the straw lying around

straw-men.jpg

Yep. Every time an apologists tells us how great MR left if for Scott Frost compared to what he got from Bo we just suddenly appear. There are people here that act like MR was hired for a 3 year plan to get Scott in perfect position. He was our white knight savior to help SF get us to the next level. They dismiss the facts that MR was fired for what amounts to the worst train wreck of modern day history for our football program.

But heck.....give the credit to MR for leaving the program in such a valuable place. How can SF not win a National Championship based on the quality of that 4-8 team.

No kidding...remember all the crap about how Corvallis didn't have a weight room and stuff...and once Riley got here he would kill it? Good lord

I wasn’t one of those people, but grant that some did complain about the toxic culture Bo left behind as long as 3 years later—was it more warranted in the one case to beat the dead horse than the other? In my eyes, yes. Bo tried to sabotage the program on his way out. That is deserving of criticism and even resentment.

Mike Riley wasn’t good enough, was a bad hire. But we have no reason to believe he didn’t give it his best shot and he sure as hell exited with class. But for some his being a bad hire is not good enough. They have to go looking for the weakest and most trivial things to manufacture offense and express their resentment toward a man who did them no wrong except not being good enough (the Prius, the bike, the condo, the license plates, his salary at OSU). I hope you can see that from the perspective of some—let’s call them mature adults—this is all very petty and entirely unnecessary.

The other point is: to be grateful for what we have now—and we should be very grateful—we don’t have to keep comparing it to the worst.

I wasn’t one of those people, but grant that some did complain about the toxic culture Bo left behind as long as 3 years later—was it more warranted in the one case to beat the dead horse than the other? In my eyes, yes. Bo tried to sabotage the program on his way out. That is deserving of criticism and even resentment.

Mike Riley wasn’t good enough, was a bad hire. But we have no reason to believe he didn’t give it his best shot and he sure as hell exited with class. But for some his being a bad hire is not good enough. They have to go looking for the weakest and most trivial things to manufacture offense and express their resentment toward a man who did them no wrong except not being good enough (the Prius, the bike, the condo, the license plates, his salary at OSU). I hope you can see that from the perspective of some—let’s call them mature adults—this is all very petty and entirely unnecessary.

The other point is: to be grateful for what we have now—and we should be very grateful—we don’t have to keep comparing it to the worst.

Maybe..but if you were/are "hurt" or "upset" because of Bo being "mean" that is really a "you" problem.

I mean, I love(d) LP and he killed people.

In my opinion, those two things are the same problem and they just manifested themselves in different ways. That problem was that neither of those guys truly embraced Nebraska. It was just a job/paycheck to them.

Maybe..but if you were/are "hurt" or "upset" because of Bo being "mean" that is really a "you" problem.

I mean, I love(d) LP and he killed people.

I wasn’t upset with Bo because he was “mean.” I was upset with him because, among other reasons, on his way out he did everything he could to sow discord among the players and pit them against the administration and incoming staff when he called the AD a “p*ussy” and a “f*cking lawyer” who didnt have their interests in mind. Need we listen to the tape again? How did Riley exit by comparison?

In my opinion, those two things are the same problem and they just manifested themselves in different ways. That problem was that neither of those guys truly embraced Nebraska. It was just a job/paycheck to them.

Maybe. I get what you’re saying, and there is certainly evidence to that effect in both instances . But I also think Nebraska fans in general have unrealistic expectations for what one must do to truly ‘embrace’ Nebraska. A big part of that, it seems to me, is simply winning enough so you won’t be harassed constantly (e.g., T.O.). That’s a pretty high standard given our standard for the football team.

I wasn’t upset with Bo because he was “mean.” I was upset with him because, among other reasons, on his way out he did everything he could to sow discord among the players and pit them against the administration and incoming staff when he called the AD a “p*ussy” and a “f*cking lawyer” who didnt have their interests in mind. Need we listen to the tape again? How did Riley exit by comparison?
Guys guys guys, we can't sort any of this out until we know what Bo's standing broad jump distance is as compared to the last 4 Husker HCs.

It didn't do anything. It never does. The AD was a pussy and was fired for being horrible.

Just like leaving all nice and sweet doesn't do anything.

Wouldn't it end in a tie? Every poster here can squat 650, bench 400 and run a 4.2...
Only the ones that coach 4th graders. They are the ones with info about "the team didn't squat the last few years" even though many players have shot that stupid nonsense down. No idea why the current staff feels the need to make up stuff for the dolts in the fanbase to keep parroting

Reactions: SOHusker11
This is a hell of alot of analysis off some comments from B.E. when he does not have control over S&C with Frost (and didn't under Riley). My gut says.....the S&C changes being made are the right ones. But ultimately - we'll know by what we see on the field.
GBR!

Only the ones that coach 4th graders. They are the ones with info about "the team didn't squat the last few years" even though many players have shot that stupid nonsense down. No idea why the current staff feels the need to make up stuff for the dolts in the fanbase to keep parroting

Are you talking bout Dave?!?!?!

On the second part...I would rip the old staff too. It cracks me up.

It didn't do anything. It never does. The AD was a pussy and was fired for being horrible.

So your view is that the words and actions of coaches don’t affect the attitudes of their players? Okay...

So your view is that the words and actions of coaches don’t affect the attitudes of their players? Okay...

Yes...for instance...When a RB is about to take the ball on a handoff he isn't thinking "Man, my ex-coach said the AD is a pussy...I don't think I am going to hold on to the ball...that will show that AD"

Yes...for instance...When a RB is about to take the ball on a handoff he isn't thinking "Man, my ex-coach said the AD is a pussy...I don't think I am going to hold on to the ball...that will show that AD"

Can you think of a single instance where what a coach says or does would influence an athlete’s attitude? That is all I need to be right and for you to be wrong.

That and being whipped behind a woodshed in some of the biggest games Wisconsin three times Ohio St once UCLA at home etc..

Can you think of a single instance where what a coach says or does would influence an athlete’s attitude? That is all I need to be right and for you to be wrong.

Yes...but there was a new coach and the old coach was gone. So in your brainwashing theory the new coach would now be in charge of the players brains.

Right? Or are you saying that the very first coach a player ever has is the one that has them brainwashed, forever?

Mike Riley wasn’t good enough, was a bad hire. But we have no reason to believe he didn’t give it his best shot and he sure as hell exited with class. But for some his being a bad hire is not good enough.

Are you really saying Bo didn't give his very best? So what if he warned the players of what was ahead of them. He was right. Now does that mean we should appreciate him? No.....and I don't. But these comparisons continue to rear their heads whenever someone tries to defend Riley's actions. Of course Riley's actions are going to come up as he is the latest and most infamous coach to have put us in this chit show. Asking everyone to move on at this point and forgive him while still acting like Bo tried to sabotage our program is a one sided view.

I don't think taking a $400,000 job for $50,000 just to stick it to Nebraska is leaving with class.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing

Whether it did anything or not is debatable.

If you are saying fans shouldn’t be upset with Bo because it didn’t work, I guess I disagree. He attempted to torpedo the football program.

People are upset with Riley as well, because he did, in a sense, torpedo the program. I get that. Bo’s was malicious, while Riley’s was incompetence. We could debate which one is worse, but my sense is the debate won’t last too long, as Frost will have us turned around pretty quick, in my opinion.

I understand better that fans are upset with eichorst. He made the Riley hire.

If people want to harp on Riley, so be it. I get it. But then why is Bo off limits?

"You can't be soft spoken or old and expect to have success coaching D1 athletes." - Tom Osborne

"A coach has to be in peak physical condition himself or his players will never respect him and he won't win." - Bobby Bowden

It's a fun factoid that Frost is still a beast. It's a cool parlor trick for when he wants to gas up his players. It's good for his health. It was fun to watch him run scout team during GaTech week. All fine and well.

It has virtually zero impact on whether or not he will put trophies on shelves at NU. He'd be the first to tell you that.

Players don't comply with you because of how much you as the HC can lift. They comply because of consequences for their lack of compliance. Frost himself has said over and over that leadership has to come from the players, that they need to police themselves.

By all means, remind me what position Belichik played at a high level and how much he squats in order to be respected. Or maybe, just maybe, it's that on his team if you don't follow the rules down to the letter you get benched or traded and that's why the Patriots have been a well-oiled machine for the better part of two decades.

Challenged his Running Backs to "push-up Contests" and smoked them in his forties and fifties... Frank Solich

If you are saying fans shouldn’t be upset with Bo because it didn’t work, I guess I disagree. He attempted to torpedo the football program.

People are upset with Riley as well, because he did, in a sense, torpedo the program. I get that. Bo’s was malicious, while Riley’s was incompetence. We could debate which one is worse, but my sense is the debate won’t last too long, as Frost will have us turned around pretty quick, in my opinion.

If people want to harp on Riley, so be it. I get it. But then why is Bo off limits?

I think we should make fun of both of them! I have said that over and over.

I also can't imagine being "upset" about what either of them did. I mean, it doesn't really impact me, what they do or say, for me to be upset. You know?

Like, if a dog bites me, I would be upset. But if a dog down the street bites someone I don't know, I don't really care.

Reactions: timnsun
I think we should make fun of both of them! I have said that over and over.

I also can't imagine being "upset" about what either of them did. I mean, it doesn't really impact me, what they do or say, for me to be upset. You know?

Like, if a dog bites me, I would be upset. But if a dog down the street bites someone I don't know, I don't really care.
You have been consistent with this, so credit to you.

We just need to get this era behind us and instead of debating what was worse, appreciate what Frost will do. I’m afraid it won’t happen until his first conference championship game appearance... hope it comes soon.

Reactions: Crushinator

He did not try to torpedo the football program. This story line has been exaggerated so much. What he did was have a goodby meeting with his players and gave them a heads up to the chit show they were about to experience. This is much more accurate than saying he was torpedoing the program. Geesh if an employee at most companies did this they'd get a reward for being a whistle blower. (that was sarcasm by the way)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT