ADVERTISEMENT

I will be willing to donate to buy out Frost

Just the latest, dumbest excuse to make stupid decisions and try to pin it on someone else.
Oh of course, I’m not saying that I agree with the trend, I’m just pointing out the trend... the moment a college competing for a recruit can leverage a coach not getting an extension vs you they will... they’ll sit there and point out left and right that the coach won’t be there for the kids while time there and all that... all I’m saying is I don’t think Moos has done a bad job I think he’s done great and we shouldn’t be calling for his head

Oh of course, I’m not saying that I agree with the trend, I’m just pointing out the trend... the moment a college competing for a recruit can leverage a coach not getting an extension vs you they will... they’ll sit there and point out left and right that the coach won’t be there for the kids while time there and all that... all I’m saying is I don’t think Moos has done a bad job I think he’s done great and we shouldn’t be calling for his head
I don't care about the trend. You don't make a $10 million decision because your coaching staff can't counter a weak, ineffective recruiting pitch.

Reactions: jmliehr
I don't care about the trend. You don't make a $10 million decision because your coaching staff can't counter a weak, ineffective recruiting pitch.
You say that now until you lose the recruits... 🙄 fan bases are funny AF you’re never going to please the masses... so you just do what’s best and drive on.... the funny thing is y’all would complain regardless... I agree the situation were in sucks and if HCSF can’t get it done then he needs to go... but don’t sit here and tell me Moos has to go because he brought in the hottest name on the market that year and paid him... and don’t say needs to go because YOU don’t personally care about a trend.... the evidence is out there, you have to show tabulate one way or the other... through wins, or through money... we ain’t getting the wins so how else you going to convince a kid that’s power 5 worthy to come here and play if you can’t convince him that the coach he commits to won’t still be here... because we all know any more kids don’t commit to the school, the commit to the coach

You say that now until you lose the recruits... 🙄 fan bases are funny AF you’re never going to please the masses... so you just do what’s best and drive on.... the funny thing is y’all would complain regardless... I agree the situation were in sucks and if HCSF can’t get it done then he needs to go... but don’t sit here and tell me Moos has to go because he brought in the hottest name on the market that year and paid him... and don’t say needs to go because YOU don’t personally care about a trend.... the evidence is out there, you have to show tabulate one way or the other... through wins, or through money... we ain’t getting the wins so how else you going to convince a kid that’s power 5 worthy to come here and play if you can’t convince him that the coach he commits to won’t still be here... because we all know any more kids don’t commit to the school, the commit to the coach
We lost a lot of our best recruits anyway. I don't blame Moos at all for bringing in Frost or Hoiberg. I blame him for not holding either one accountable and giving out unwarranted extensions for poor performance.

Ok, you are probably right. It is always about money, but I still say Frost doesn't look happy. He can't be having fun. Does anyone know how the wife likes it in Lincoln?
I don’t know her but knowing most women I bet she likes the 35 million. She could buy about 17 million cheesies at Amigos.

There won’t be much of a change in our record next year without vastly improved quarterback play. And I don’t see that happening.
There is NO doubt that our number one problem was QB play yesterday. None. AM did some nice things with his feet and he's a good guy but man you have to be able to hit a wide open receiver down the field at the end of the first half. That game wouldn't have been close IF our QB had been able to hit the myriad open receivers we had.

You get the right QB and you fix most of the problem.

I believe we are stuck with Frost thru year 5. We can hope and dream he turns things around and we are a 9 or 10 win team in year 5, I don't think we will be. If we are sitting at .500 or 7-5 through 5 years I think we get Hank Bounds to sit down with the $$$ bags in Omaha get the buyout and pay big bucks for a proven power 5 winner.

I will not be surprised at all if he does quit
He won't quit. First of all, he will always believe that the beginning of a turnaround is just one game away ("we're close"). More importantly, his agent, his attorney, his financial advisor, and probably his wife and favorie charities would all hold guns to his head if he announced that he was ready to walk away with zero instead of $25M.

How much is it?
You'd owe him 5 million a year for the 21-24 seasons and 2.5 million for the 25 and 26 seasons. That's 25 million by count. I'm sure there are some millionaire and billionaire cornhuskers... I'm also sure they don't spend time on message boards... so I'm guessing you don't have 25 million to buy him out.

I don’t know why there is so much hatred towards Moos, he hired the guy we all wanted, he’ll he hired the guy a LOT of programs wanted, Moos is not the problem... undisciplined play is the problem... the stat they showed about us having 11 losses within one score says it all... we are close but we are still too damnd undisciplined, that’s not on Moos, that’s on the players, and the Staff... HCSF NEEDS to get this figured out and fast or thee wise he won’t be here much longer
Becuase most fans are dumb af. The same idiots crying to fire so and so will be doing it again in 4 years wondering why we keep doing it.

Reactions: Clemke32
You'd owe him 5 million a year for the 21-24 seasons and 2.5 million for the 25 and 26 seasons. That's 25 million by count. I'm sure there are some millionaire and billionaire cornhuskers... I'm also sure they don't spend time on message boards... so I'm guessing you don't have 25 million to buy him out.

$20 million if he's fired after next season and $15 million if he's fired after the 2022 season (year 5). I don't think the $15 million would be a problem if he doesn't have a winning season after 5 years.

Last edited:
I have no doubt if Frost has a losing season next year, he will be gone by either resignation or being fired, and I'll stand by that. He might turn it around next year, but I have real doubts about that. It would be great if he could win 9 next year, but I don't see that happening.

Maybe if Frost makes some staff changes it might help, but doubt he's going to fire any of his assistants this year.
Yeah I think we pull out 3 wins next year.

I wanted Frost here and still do for the seven years. If he doesn't turn this team into a progressing team with winning seasons up into then I hope he quits like he said he would on his own if he couldn't get it done.

Bill Moos has been awesome and I would like to see him stay if Frost is gone. The guy has brought in top picks in HC's for the most important programs.

I think keeping Frost longer is better than firing yet another coach. NU has been down that road, I hope they try something different, at least then we can all know we tried that road.

However I'd like to see how a proven winner at head coach handles the Nebraska challenge if Frost does leave like he said he would or is let go.

I'd like to see Pete Carol(sp), Urban Meyer or even Mack Brown pursued.

And if not a proven championship coach then I'd like to see Nebraska get a coach that's a ground and pound type. Tired of pass first offense personally. We've tried those too quite a bit with Billy C, Riley, and Frost now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT