ADVERTISEMENT

off topic thread, Sweet Tea...

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
how much sugar do you put in your dirt tea to make it sweet?

depending on the establishment, i will generally add 6 or 7 packs of sugar, and two or three packs of sweetener, to make my tea taste good.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
how much sugar do you put in your dirt tea to make it sweet?

depending on the establishment, i will generally add 6 or 7 packs of sugar, and two or three packs of sweetener, to make my tea taste good.
I used to love sweet tea. Now I got the Diabetes.
Sad days.

• Sad
Reactions: Jaemekon
I used to love sweet tea. Now I got the Diabetes.
Sad days.

c9e9d754-1c73-4daa-9f95-ee89a37b7367_text.gif

Reactions: 10Trvln
As a kid, and vacationing on the east coast, every home had sweetened tea in the fridge. If you were offered a drink, or asked for one, that's what you automatically got.

I remember the look of horror from my family when I drew a glass of water straight from the tap. The water never ran cold and you immediately realized you were drinking something you shouldn't. It was then I understood why sweetened tea was offered.

Never realized sweet tea was a thing till I started travelling and visiting the South.

Clients would bring in gallon jugs of Sweet and Unsweetened Tea for lunch and they would all drink that shit all throughout the day.

I'm a Gatorade, water, soda, milk kind of person, and never realized people drank tea or lemonade like water till I visited the South.

And if you ain't from the South, and you go out for lunch, tea is an almost expected drink with your meal. And you damn well better make sure you get it 'unsweet' or you might lose a tooth while dranking the 'sweet' stuff. When they say 'sweet', they mean they be 50/50 on the water to sugar ratio.

Never realized sweet tea was a thing till I started travelling and visiting the South.

Clients would bring in gallon jugs of Sweet and Unsweetened Tea for lunch and they would all drink that shit all throughout the day.

I'm a Gatorade, water, soda, milk kind of person, and never realized people drank tea or lemonade like water till I visited the South.

And if you ain't from the South, and you go out for lunch, tea is an almost expected drink with your meal. And you damn well better make sure you get it 'unsweet' or you might lose a tooth while dranking the 'sweet' stuff. When they say 'sweet', they mean they be 50/50 on the water to sugar ratio.

we keep a gallon of sweet tea at my home. it's what i drink on all day. i make my own tea though (basic coffee pot stuff). i currently do two cups of sugar per gallon of tea.

i can drink unsweet tea, but i would never choose unsweet tea. i basically have no teeth...

my family, and my wife are from the south.

Shits like syrup. It’s literally the most disgusting form of consumable liquid known to man. My 1st experience with that sludge was in college. Went school in Ohio and my college GF was from West Virginia and she always bragged about how good her mom’s tea was. She never called it sweet tea, just called it tea. So when I finally met her parents, sure enough her mom had a big jug of “tea” and were very excited for me to try it. My 1st clue that something was off is when her mom poured me a glass is literally looked thick and viscous. Then I tasted it 🤮 You couldn’t even taste the tea leaf, it just tasted like straight sugar water. I tried to drink it, gutted down about half the glass sugar water and then just left the glass there hoping they wouldn’t notice. But sure enough her mom says, “you didn’t finish your tea”. So I lied and said I drank a lot of water on the drive and just wasn’t thirsty. I’m sure she knew I was lying.

I prefer Harris Teeter’s sandwiches. I always felt like Publix was a little overrated.

I've never heard of a Harris Teeters, is this like a gas station too (i assume publix is a gas station, i imagine it is like a caseys).

The folks hating on sweet tea probably think Runza is good. Can’t trust their sense of taste. ;)

Runza pretty much sucks too. Their burgers are ok, but not great by any stretch. I get a traditional runza at either the football or basketball game about once every 3-5 years and I’m reminded why I haven’t had one for 5 years. Honestly I love the south, lived in Florida(sorta the south) for 10 years and traveled all over Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee etc… Love the south, but I fvcking hate sweet tea. I can’t really put into words how disgusting that shit is.

Runza pretty much sucks too. Their burgers are ok, but not great by any stretch. I get a traditional runza at either the football or basketball game about once every 3-5 years and I’m reminded why I haven’t had one for 5 years. Honestly I love the south, lived in Florida(sorta the south) for 10 years and traveled all over Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee etc… Love the south, but I fvcking hate sweet tea. I can’t really put into words how disgusting that shit is.

Ha.

Small town Jawja on a trip. People so damn friendly and smiling that this small town Nebraska kid was thinking what the hell is going on here. Something just isn't right.

So... , they had this community restaurant place that was a full on buffet akin to a Ponderosa or Golden Corral and the like. I mean, the whole farking town was in there.

They drag us in there, and I realize it is buffet style. So we get in line and I get my plate. I throw a few things on there skeptical as shit feeling like I'm at a cult meeting or something, and we sit down.

After a couple of bites....., I'm pretty sure I went back for thirds. There wasn't a damn thing on that buffet that wasn't amazing. Probably the best fried chicken I've ever had. Obviously we went there all week, and I gained at least 5 pounds. Not a cotdam thing I ate on that buffet I wouldn't eat again.

Ha.

Small town Jawja on a trip. People so damn friendly and smiling that this small town Nebraska kid was thinking what the hell is going on here. Something just isn't right.

So... , they had this community restaurant place that was a full on buffet akin to a Ponderosa or Golden Corral and the like. I mean, the whole farking town was in there.

They drag us in there, and I realize it is buffet style. So we get in line and I get my plate. I throw a few things on there skeptical as shit feeling like I'm at a cult meeting or something, and we sit down.

After a couple of bites....., I'm pretty sure I went back for thirds. There wasn't a damn thing on that buffet that wasn't amazing. Probably the best fried chicken I've ever had. Obviously we went there all week, and I gained at least 5 pounds. Not a cotdam thing I ate on that buffet I wouldn't eat again.

Love the south. Love the food. Love the people(mostly 😉) and I love all the great year round outdoor activities. Just can’t do that sugar syrup they call tea.

Ha.

the south has incredible food. the best food I've ever had was in Mississippi.

Cheese runza is better than original, but they don’t have cheese runzas at the games. And the few times I go to a Runza I get a cheeseburger. Might have to get the cheese runza next time, haven’t had one since I can’t remember when.
I also haven’t had a cheese frenchy from don & Millie’s in forever

Reactions: Jaemekon and V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT