ADVERTISEMENT

I will be willing to donate to buy out Frost

I said this earlier and I'll say it again, if Frost has a losing season next year, he won't see year five at Nebraska, and I want Frost to succeed as much as anyone. But if 2021 turns out to be like this and the previous two seasons, there's no reason to think a fifth year will do any good.

I said this earlier and I'll say it again, if Frost has a losing season next year, he won't see year five at Nebraska, and I want Frost to succeed as much as anyone. But if 2021 turns out to be like this and the previous two seasons, there's no reason to think a fifth year will do any good.
Who would make that decision? I don't think Moos would.

Reactions: herkyhawkeye76
You want Frost to succeed as much as anyone? I want him fired as much as anyone. But the idiot AD and the contract extension is a poison pill. Better hope Frost resigns.

There are a lot of high profile donors who can yell loud enough, money talks in college football. Board of Regents can fire him if they think it's a no win situation, and if he has a losing one next year, he's gone.
Nobody is going to yell loud enough to overcome the buyout. Frost isn't going anywhere. There's no way in hell we can afford to can him and that was the plan when they gave him the extension. I still think Frost will succeed but there's going to have to be some serious examination of how we're doing some things.

AD should not have and should not going forward keep adding years to Frost's contract. DUMB move.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The AD needs to go first
I don’t know why there is so much hatred towards Moos, he hired the guy we all wanted, he’ll he hired the guy a LOT of programs wanted, Moos is not the problem... undisciplined play is the problem... the stat they showed about us having 11 losses within one score says it all... we are close but we are still too damnd undisciplined, that’s not on Moos, that’s on the players, and the Staff... HCSF NEEDS to get this figured out and fast or thee wise he won’t be here much longer

Nobody is going to yell loud enough to overcome the buyout. Frost isn't going anywhere. There's no way in hell we can afford to can him and that was the plan when they gave him the extension. I still think Frost will succeed but there's going to have to be some serious examination of how we're doing some things.
I have no doubt if Frost has a losing season next year, he will be gone by either resignation or being fired, and I'll stand by that. He might turn it around next year, but I have real doubts about that. It would be great if he could win 9 next year, but I don't see that happening.

Maybe if Frost makes some staff changes it might help, but doubt he's going to fire any of his assistants this year.

I don’t know why there is so much hatred towards Moos, he hired the guy we all wanted, he’ll he hired the guy a LOT of programs wanted, Moos is not the problem... undisciplined play is the problem... the stat they showed about us having 11 losses within one score says it all... we are close but we are still too damnd undisciplined, that’s not on Moos, that’s on the players, and the Staff... HCSF NEEDS to get this figured out and fast or thee wise he won’t be here much longer
Hatred? No, I think most of us just view Moos as an old olineman who is finally paying for all of those shots to his coconut. Extending Frost and ensuring we are stuck with him for several more years is a sure sign of dementia.;)

lol. Somebody asked him in the postgame "given what Minnesota was giving up on the ground what was your offensive game plan". His answer "I don't know if I even understand your question". He then went on to try to clarify but his hesitation in answering it was pretty telling.

I have no doubt if Frost has a losing season next year, he will be gone by either resignation or being fired, and I'll stand by that. He might turn it around next year, but I have real doubts about that. It would be great if he could win 9 next year, but I don't see that happening.

Maybe if Frost makes some staff changes it might help, but doubt he's going to fire any of his assistants this year.
There won’t be much of a change in our record next year without vastly improved quarterback play. And I don’t see that happening.

Reactions: Bugeater
I got tired of winning national championships with the run...

we are the greatest passing team EVAR!

Hatred? No, I think most of us just view Moos as an old olineman who is finally paying for all of those shots to his coconut. Extending Frost and ensuring we are stuck with him for several more years is a sure sign of dementia.;)
Take a look at every college around... in today’s college football landscape you pretty much HAVE to extend your coach every year to give the optics of your coach not in jeopardy of losing his job... 😉😏

The loser should just do what is right and resign. He loves Nebraska so much.

I will not be surprised at all if he does quit. He doesn't look like he is having any fun. I never see any enthusiasm out of him. It certainly was tough for him to lose his dad. I lost my parents 18 and 12 years ago and I still miss them. His teams at Nebraska haven't been any better than Riley's team and that does surprise me. I was all for him getting the job. The way the team plays is an indication of coaching. I doubt if Scott would go after new assistants. Just don't know where the program goes from here.

(it will be interesting to see what happens to Alabama once Nick finally retires. As we have all learned it is not that easy replacing a legend. If they get Dabo then Bama will be fine. and I do think Dabo will go back home to Tuscaloosa. If not they could be in for a ride.)

25 I think...

5 in 21, 22, 23 and 24. 2.5 in 25 and 26.
This seems to be correct for termination without cause. But I would argue that the paint and suffering his teams are inflicting on Husker fans should constitute "cause."

This seems to be correct for termination without cause. But I would argue that the paint and suffering his teams are inflicting on Husker fans should constitute "cause."

Yeah, it doesn’t work like that. Where do people come up with this shit? If Pelini wasn’t canned with cause for swinging at refs and his other actions no way Frost is.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah, it doesn’t work like that. Where do people come up with this shit? If Pelini wasn’t canned with cause for swinging at refs and his other actions no way Frost is.
I guess that I should have added a smiley face.

I will not be surprised at all if he does quit. He doesn't look like he is having any fun. I never see any enthusiasm out of him. It certainly was tough for him to lose his dad. I lost my parents 18 and 12 years ago and I still miss them. His teams at Nebraska haven't been any better than Riley's team and that does surprise me. I was all for him getting the job. The way the team plays is an indication of coaching. I doubt if Scott would go after new assistants. Just don't know where the program goes from here.

(it will be interesting to see what happens to Alabama once Nick finally retires. As we have all learned it is not that easy replacing a legend. If they get Dabo then Bama will be fine. and I do think Dabo will go back home to Tuscaloosa. If not they could be in for a ride.)

You won't be? I'll give you 30 million reasons why he doesn't do that. If anything he will pull the Pelini and just put a product on the field so atrocious and devoid of hope that we have no choice but to fire him.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
There has got to be some serious examination of our coaching especially game planning and game day play calling. IF we had continued to run the ball, we win this game. We really didn't try. We had too many series where all we saw was non-stop pass calls. Stupid.

Dingle, I missed the first half and was distracted by some calls during the second half but I saw the same problems I have seen for the last three years. It is NOT play calling and game planning. It is 100% pure coaching, technique and execution. Stupid holding calls, our left guard is not getting the job done along with the right tackle but hey, he is a 4* right so he must be good. Baloney. Several plays we were one guy from breaking something but our linemen run right by or don't get a good shot, really frustrating to watch.

We did get pass happy and the bad thing is there were opportunities there galore. We don't have anyone who can capitalize. Our D always seems to find a way collapse at the worst time. This program is in shambles right now. no other way to say it.

You won't be? I'll give you 30 million reasons why he doesn't do that. If anything he will pull the Pelini and just put a product on the field so atrocious and devoid of hope that we have no choice but to fire him.

Ok, you are probably right. It is always about money, but I still say Frost doesn't look happy. He can't be having fun. Does anyone know how the wife likes it in Lincoln?

Reactions: dinglefritz
There has got to be some serious examination of our coaching especially game planning and game day play calling. IF we had continued to run the ball, we win this game. We really didn't try. We had too many series where all we saw was non-stop pass calls. Stupid.
That needed to be done 3 years ago.

Take a look at every college around... in today’s college football landscape you pretty much HAVE to extend your coach every year to give the optics of your coach not in jeopardy of losing his job... 😉😏
Just the latest, dumbest excuse to make stupid decisions and try to pin it on someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT