ADVERTISEMENT

off topic thread, Sweet Tea...

I also haven’t had a cheese frenchy from don & Millie’s in forever

i tried one about a month and half ago for the first time. pretty good.

i hadn't ever tried don and millies until like November of last year. i don't know how i didn't know about the place until then.

we keep a gallon of sweet tea at my home. it's what i drink on all day. i make my own tea though (basic coffee pot stuff). i currently do two cups of sugar per gallon of tea.

i can drink unsweet tea, but i would never choose unsweet tea. i basically have no teeth...

my family, and my wife are from the south.
Two cups per gallon I think meth is healthier.

how much sugar do you put in your dirt tea to make it sweet?

depending on the establishment, i will generally add 6 or 7 packs of sugar, and two or three packs of sweetener, to make my tea taste good.

I never order tea sweetened because then you can’t control what the restaurant does to it. Get it unsweetened then you can do what you want. I like the Arnold Palmer stuff that is sweetened with lemonade. It’s not for everybody but at least it’s consistent every time.

I never order tea sweetened because then you can’t control what the restaurant does to it. Get it unsweetened then you can do what you want. I like the Arnold Palmer stuff that is sweetened with lemonade. It’s not for everybody but at least it’s consistent every time.
True. I get my unsweetened then add in my shooters to make it a John Daly special

• Love
Reactions: V-Doub and Jaemekon
we keep a gallon of sweet tea at my home. it's what i drink on all day. i make my own tea though (basic coffee pot stuff). i currently do two cups of sugar per gallon of tea.

i can drink unsweet tea, but i would never choose unsweet tea. i basically have no teeth...

My friend, allow me to introduce you to Type II diabetes.

Sweet tea was good as a child. Now?
You can try some actual flavor, not "tea" masked with 60g of sugar.

Unsweetened green tea from a bottle? Pretty good.

Matcha in things and prepared? Pretty good.

Matcha from powder and water? Tastes like f@cking dirt.

I think I've had Rooibos tea. Asked for water in a Sukiya and Ippudo in Japan.
Wasn't water. Tastes a bit like coffee water. Googled it later and said they serve Rooibos tea. Try it sometime if you like leftover coffee water flavored tea.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Sweet tea was good as a child. Now?
You can try some actual flavor, not "tea" masked with 60g of sugar.

Unsweetened green tea from a bottle? Pretty good.

Matcha in things and prepared? Pretty good.

Matcha from powder and water? Tastes like f@cking dirt.

I think I've had Rooibos tea. Asked for water in a Sukiya and Ippudo in Japan.
Wasn't water. Tastes a bit like coffee water. Googled it later and said they serve Rooibos tea. Try it sometime if you like leftover coffee water flavored tea.

i appreciate the response.

i don't really like flavored teas, I've tried a couple of flavors.

i find green tea to be pretty gross, like I can't finish a cup gross.

i don't really like matcha either, my wife and daughter do though.

coffee is also something that i don't drink, it tastes like burnt or something to me. definitely not gonna drink coffee flavored water...

i do enjoy Mt. Dew (throwback and livewire).

i appreciate the response.

i don't really like flavored teas, I've tried a couple of flavors.

i find green tea to be pretty gross, like I can't finish a cup gross.

i don't really like matcha either, my wife and daughter do though.

coffee is also something that i don't drink, it tastes like burnt or something to me. definitely not gonna drink coffee flavored water...

i do enjoy Mt. Dew (throwback and livewire).

Mountain Dew and sweet tea… You smoke cools and ride a bmx bike wearing a wife beater too? 😉

Spent a couple of years in MS and honestly can't remember drinking sweet tea there.

More recently spent over a decade in SC and discovered that the sweetness of sweet tea varied widely. If I ordered tea I always asked for a glass of water so I could dilute it if needed.

Loved Publix (they had great bread) but didn't shop there much as it was too expensive. Rarely shopped at "the Pig" as it wasn't convenient but went to Kroger and Food Lion mostly.

Since we are talking about the south and it's almost April this seems like a good time to mention the Masters. Which to me only means one thing - time to make pimento cheese.

Living in Georgia it was a staple but I'd ask for half and half.

Growing up in South Carolina and sharing the save sweet tea recipe I think we tend to overdue it in the south lol. I love it because it's kinda what I grew up on. But the average person from anywhere else but the south could probably go to McDonald's in Georgia/South Carolina and get a large sweet tea and pour half in another large cup and add water to both and be perfectly fine with the sugar amount lol.

Holla

That is the recipe in the south brother lol.

Holla

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon
Ha.

Small town Jawja on a trip. People so damn friendly and smiling that this small town Nebraska kid was thinking what the hell is going on here. Something just isn't right.

So... , they had this community restaurant place that was a full on buffet akin to a Ponderosa or Golden Corral and the like. I mean, the whole farking town was in there.

They drag us in there, and I realize it is buffet style. So we get in line and I get my plate. I throw a few things on there skeptical as shit feeling like I'm at a cult meeting or something, and we sit down.

After a couple of bites....., I'm pretty sure I went back for thirds. There wasn't a damn thing on that buffet that wasn't amazing. Probably the best fried chicken I've ever had. Obviously we went there all week, and I gained at least 5 pounds. Not a cotdam thing I ate on that buffet I wouldn't eat again.

Where at? Curious

Holla

Spent a couple of years in MS and honestly can't remember drinking sweet tea there.

More recently spent over a decade in SC and discovered that the sweetness of sweet tea varied widely. If I ordered tea I always asked for a glass of water so I could dilute it if needed.

Loved Publix (they had great bread) but didn't shop there much as it was too expensive. Rarely shopped at "the Pig" as it wasn't convenient but went to Kroger and Food Lion mostly.

Since we are talking about the south and it's almost April this seems like a good time to mention the Masters. Which to me only means one thing - time to make pimento cheese.

Only went to Publix for the sandwiches and the seafood section. As far as grocery stores down south their seafood section is second to none. Like you said the rest of the place is expensive as shit.

Used to love Piggly Wiggly (the pig store) but none near me anymore. Not a huge fan of Kroger but love Food Lion and still do most of my shopping at Food Lion.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT