ADVERTISEMENT

I really hope we wear Red Pants, that's all i ask this week

all you hipsters that think you look good in red pants... you don't.

879ca74995dbafa92ad4b2cfdd6bb798.jpg

Reactions: gldnglv165
I used to hate the notion that playing in white pants affected the outcome of a game but after these close losses I think it's time to rock the red pants for a while. Get back to being nebraska.

Nebraska looks best in their traditional uniforms, that's red pants on the road. Why screw with GBR tradition? Did Dr. Tom ever have them in all whites? I know Frank put on some ugly.

hi-res-d800c7945bfed60312ddd6fbcfe7e628_crop_north.jpg
The team wore all whites in the bowl game against Georgia Tech in 1991. It did not go well. Having said that, I don't think the color of the pants determines the outcome of the game.

1992 - Washington, Missouri, and Iowa State as well. Lost 2 of 3 and went back to red pants after the ISU fiasco.

After Devaney first year in 1962. Nebraska first road game in 1963 was against Minnesota and that was the first time Nebraska wore red pants for road games.

This is a fact for all the youth that doesn't no squat about our History that Devaney started and made what Nebraska football is today.

Reactions: 94husker
After Devaney first year in 1962. Nebraska first road game in 1963 was against Minnesota and that was the first time Nebraska wore red pants for road games.

This is a fact for all the youth that doesn't no squat about our History that Devaney started and made what Nebraska football is today.
They were the actual school color then.

Devaney was a great guy. Had him as a speaker to a farm group in Columbus or one of those great small Nebraska cities back in the 70's. He was a funny damn Irishman. Would have been great at ND. And man, what a coach. Having matriculated at Brookings, I remember our coach saying, after the Jacks took a beating in Lincoln, "Look out for the Huskers. Devaney will make them great again." My God, how true that was, and I remember it like yesterday. I always saw him as Nebraska's greatest with all due respect to the good doctor.

Reactions: 94husker
Is that too much to ask for?

Coach Riley was on Sports Nightly tonight with Greg Sharp and said they are wearing all white again this weekend. He said he hadn't heard that wearing white pants on the road was a big deal. he also stated it's too late to address this for the Minnesota game (they are all packed, trucks have hit the road), but he'll look into it for the next road game. He seemed very sincere!!!!!!!

The players are adamant about wearing all white vs red pants. Will not happen this year from what I have heard.

Why are they so adamant about wearing all white? I don't get it. It looks like crap and weak. Not to mention we LOSE like crazy when in all white.

Who cares? They like them so let them wear them. Riley could care less what they wear, it's about how they play.

When we are on the road this year it looks like Wisky stole our helmets standing on the sideline. Kids get to wear the alternative jersey once a year it'd be nice to wear the traditional road unis again. We use to wear those into the opposing teams Stadium and their fans quickly realized they were going to be rolled that afternoon.

On second thought maybe this team should stay with the white pants until they play like the Huskers we remember with the red pants!

Well we once had a tradition of winning games. We no longer have that, so why not kill the tradition of wearing red pants. Maybe we can call up Oregon State and see if we can borrow some of their traditions

I don't understand why the players insist on wearing all whites when it makes them lose games. We would have 2 more wins this year had we worn red pants. I don't care what anyone says!

I hate the look too. I wish they would wear red, but whatever.

I don't understand why the players insist on wearing all whites when it makes them lose games. We would have 2 more wins this year had we worn red pants. I don't care what anyone says!

I hate the look too. I wish they would wear red, but whatever.

People may laugh at this post. But in Baseball those white pants would of been burned long ago.

They look like we took Texas' road uniforms and painted the numbers and stripes red. Burn 'em.

My favorite part of the uniform is that patch on the left shoulder. I think we're one of the few, if only that have that? Very unique.

I could kind of go without the stripes on the pants though.

... And a new helmet. Not in logo design, but the general helmet design. A bit too "year 2055" design.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT