ADVERTISEMENT

I am really starting to feel bad for Josh Heupel

TrueBigRedFan

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
I am really starting to feel bad for Josh Heupel.

Guy almost has no chance to measure up. Any thing he does, will not be good enough to match up with Big Brother (Scott Frost), who has moved away to the big job and everyone already misses him.

If fact, as Big Brother has left, they decide to bring Big Brother back to fill his job one more time for some big public event. And Big Brother kills it!

Now the employer names Big Brother "King" (National Champion), and throws a Gigantic Party for him at Disney World no less. And invites everyone in College Football and the Media to cover it.

Then, just to make sure everything goes well in Big Brother's move, they gave him a big bag of cash (HC National Championship Bonus) to tide him over.

And...on top of that, every single employee (Coaching Staff) that he would need to pick up the pieces after Big Brother left, and goes with Big Brother.

Josh must be laying in bed at night thinking "What the H=== did I get myself into here?"

Last edited:
I am really starting to feel bad for Josh Heupel.

Guy almost has no chance to measure up. Any thing he does, will not be good enough to match up with Big Brother (Scott Frost), who has moved away to the big job and everyone already misses him.

If fact, as Big Brother has left, they decide to bring Big Brother back to fill his job one more time for some big public event. And Big Brother kills it!

Now the employer names Big Brother "King" (National Champion), and throws a Gigantic Party for him at Disney World no less. And invites everyone in College Football and the Media to cover it.

Then, just to make sure everything goes well in Big Brother's move, they gave him a big bag of cash (HC National Championship Bonus) to tide him over.

And...on top of that, every single employee (Coaching Staff) that he would need to pick up the pieces after Big Brother left, and goes with Big Brother.

Josh must be laying in bed at night thinking "What the H=== did I get myself into here?"
On the positive side, Frost did him a solid with his current commits and players. Heupel is walking in to a good chemistry situation with a lot of proven players. Frost left the program in very good shape and their AD is good. Lots of good young assistants are going to want to work there after the way Frost talked about the place. I would have to think Heupel watched their bowl practices and probably picked up some things he can use to make the transition easier. For heaven's sake, he's got his QB and he's a good one. That's the number one problem for lots of new head coaches.

You are more than welcome to shine a light on whatever program you wish but I have a feeling Scott frost is dealing with alot of those issues except "big brother" is T.O. and the questions are going to come from his wife about leaving a Nat champion with 70 degree winters.

You are more than welcome to shine a light on whatever program you wish but I have a feeling Scott frost is dealing with alot of those issues except "big brother" is T.O. and the questions are going to come from his wife about leaving a Nat champion with 70 degree winters.
If you marry somebody and don't think there's any chance they want to move back home someday, you're not being realistic. I guess I wouldn't think much of a spouse who held a grudge against me for taking my dream job for millions of dollars. If it doesn't work out, UCF will still be there.

What is it...something like 15K a day is what he makes...I think his wife will be happy

I think Heupel is going to be just fine. SF left plenty behind including a great QB; something that is missing at most places when a coach moves on.

Tell us more about SF's feelings and his wife.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Not sure how Heupel will do, but I think the AD made a mistake not promoting in house. That staff got something very special going there and I think they should have given Walters a chance to keep it going.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I think Heupel is going to be just fine. SF left plenty behind including a great QB; something that is missing at most places when a coach moves on.

Tell us more about SF's feelings and his wife.

He’ll be fine. Let’s not forget most of those players were already there before SF. Not saying he isn’t going to be a good coach, but it’s comical he’s already a top 15 coach with no wins here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT