ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers Now +6.5 in Opener

It's a bad matchup for NU. New offensive system and defensive system opening up on the road against an established program. A new defensive scheme that has a perceived weakness of not having enough size and physicality upfront against one of the most physical teams in the conference.
With a defensive coordinator who has battled the walking penile gland with his defense, last year…

I like the under at 46.5... With the new rule of the clock running on a first down both teams will be wanting to shorten the game by eating play clock..
The service academies always seem to cover against Notre Dame! I won't look it up. If someone does want to prove me wrong, go for it.
Yeah but Navy got a new coach this year. All new systems. This will be a major ass kicking.

I think we win. Minnesota is very average in a boringly low average conference. With minimal improvement from last year this is a win.

Again White didn’t coach Syracuse during the bowl game.. Your failing every time you post a new one on this..
you're right. we hired him and then you bet against his old group because they were playing your favorite B1G team.

greek qb at minnesota sucks, just like everything at minnesota

here's hoping White puts a bounty on his greasy rodent pelt and he doesn't survive the first quarter

Nebraska+ 189
Minnesota -233

Minnesota QB started at the end of last year and came in against Nebraska..

He is a better QB than Morgan and it isn’t even close..
^^^^
This is the type of poison Rhule was talking about earlier.
People lowering expectations for the program. He called it a disease.
Basically said fans like the one quoted above are one of the big reasons we have been so bad for so many years.
They are poison to the program and should be purged. They aren’t Husker fans and are a direct impediment to programmatic progress.

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
^^^^
This is the type of poison Rhule was talking about earlier.
People lowering expectations for the program. He called it a disease.
Basically said fans like the one quoted above are one of the big reasons we have been so bad for so many years.
They are poison to the program and should be purged. They aren’t Husker fans and are a direct impediment to programmatic progress.
For sure - when Rhule was talking about high expectations I remember him referencing the fans multiple times. If we, as fans, could get our expectations up then the team would be much better. We should all apologize for lack of preparation we put into our expectations last decade.

If it’s one thing the husker fan base has been known for throughout the years it certainly has been low expectations.

duh.jpg

Reactions: RBigredMax
I mean Fleck did drop his wife for a younger model/stripper. That seems like a tougher decision than playing a freshman who was “way better” than the 6th year senior.
Why didn’t Morgan get the starting job back after leaving the Nebraska game?

Kaliakmanis started the last 4 games of the season and Tanner Morgan didn’t replace him till his injury in the 1stQ of the bowl game..

From what people are saying he has a much stronger arm than Morgan and with the added wide receivers they have I think Fleck will be putting the ball in the air more than the past few years..

Why didn’t Morgan get the starting job back after leaving the Nebraska game?

Kaliakmanis started the last 4 games of the season and Tanner Morgan didn’t replace him till his injury in the 1stQ of the bowl game..

From what people are saying he has a much stronger arm than Morgan and with the added wide receivers they have I think Fleck will be putting the ball in the air more than the past few years..
Good

Secondary is by far our strongest position group

is the O/U the harder of the two bets on this game? I do expect this to be a 4 point loss or a 3 point win for us. I am sure it will come down to us behind with about 3 mins left on the clock and we can even have our hearts broke or celebrate and all get laid after.

Flecks teams at Minnesota always seem to not snap the ball till under 5-8 seconds.
I think Rhule wants to slow the game down as well and both will want ball control.

Which team is capable of making big plays and how many big plays will there be for either team? I‘m going to take under consideration the new play clock that keeps running after a 1st down so I’m leaning toward the under.

I agree with Redbaloney that this game will be 4 or 3 point game that either team can win and most likely a turnover at a crucial part of the game that we need to avoid which has bitten us in the butt way too often..

Reactions: SWIowahawks
What are people's thoughts on the 46.5?? Seems high to me
Love the unders here.

First quarter should be under 7.5 for sure. 4th quarter will be grinding time (much like me and my prom date all those years ago)...

Only issue will be short fields or pick six.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT