ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers need a Brand New team

B3Vandy

Sophomore
Jun 9, 2001
Our old Husker team is gone. There are no more blackshirts. The team has been completely dismantled & fans need to realize we are starting at ground zero. Take away the N jerseys. Come up with a new model that will allow a tiny state to compete again. We can't compete on recruiting alone. We need an advantage similar to what the option & steroids & Vicodin used to do for winning. Nebraska needs a brand new start. Brand new everything. 🏈

I think they should start using little tiny corncobs as helmet stickers - like the Buckeyes for OSU

🌽 🌽 🌽

il_794xN.3895196337_m2bm.jpg

And you need a brand new brain.
Our old Husker team is gone. There are no more blackshirts. The team has been completely dismantled & fans need to realize we are starting at ground zero. Take away the N jerseys. Come up with a new model that will allow a tiny state to compete again. We can't compete on recruiting alone. We need an advantage similar to what the option & steroids & Vicodin used to do for winning. Nebraska needs a brand new start. Brand new everything. 🏈
Aside from the steroids non-sense and as much as I don’t like the idea, this is true. Husker Football needs a re-boot. Im not saying forget the glory of the past but it is hovering and haunting the program.

Nebraska Football needs to come to grips with being in the BIG-10 which I still don’t believe they have. We still have a mentality from the old Big-8 and Big-12 and those traditions should be put to rest.

We’re in the BIG-10 now and aren’t going back. The BIG-10 is more competitive top to bottom than the Big-8 or Big-12 ever was and we have to adapt.

Aside from the steroids non-sense and as much as I don’t like the idea, this is true. Husker Football needs a re-boot. Im not saying forget the glory of the past but it is hovering and haunting the program.

Nebraska Football needs to come to grips with being in the BIG-10 which I still don’t believe they have. We still have a mentality from the old Big-8 and Big-12 and those traditions should be put to rest.

We’re in the BIG-10 now and aren’t going back. The BIG-10 is more competitive top to bottom than the Big-8 or Big-12 ever was and we have to adapt.

We absolutely need to change. Nebraska used to be very cutting edge and now we live in the past, trying to recreate magic from a former era.

I believe this is part of the reason Frost failed, he tried to fit a square peg in a round hole, to do things the Nebraska way. Oregon speed and Husker power, wtf? He couldn’t make it work. Went from zone schemes to power schemes, up tempo, to slow. Never establishing an identity to coach and recruit to.

What I don’t buy is the Big Ten being so competitive top to bottom and that being the reason for our struggles. We didn’t have much trouble when Bo was here and he was a pretty ordinary coach. We aren’t failing because Illinois and Minnesota (or whoever) are great, we are failing because we have stacked alot of bad decisions (hires). There is nothing really different about the B1G, football is football and I definitely do not buy the idea that we need to play and operate the same way as the Wisconsin’s and Iowa’s to beat them.

What we need to do is hire a winner and support him. We need to get out of the way and let him run the program his way, weather that is music and backward hats, or old school practices and Oklahoma drills. Anything can win and it’s OK if that looks different than it did 25 years ago.

Last edited:
What I mean is there are no gimme games. Certainly not like in the old Big-8 when it was Nebraska, OU, and later Colorado and then everyone else. In the Big-12, Iowa St, Kansas, Baylor were still pretty much doormats.

Parity is in full effect and in the BIG-10 it is pretty much Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State (somewhat), and then all the other teams.

What I mean is there are no gimme games. Certainly not like in the old Big-8 when it was Nebraska, OU, and later Colorado and then everyone else. In the Big-12, Iowa St, Kansas, Baylor were still pretty much doormats.

Parity is in full effect and in the BIG-10 it is pretty much Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State (somewhat), and then all the other teams.
There were 10 wins (and 50/50 game with OU) on this schedule for any slightly above average program to take advantage of

we pissed away one of the easiest schedules we will ever see - next year is a cakewalk as well

That would actually be awesome!
Sorry headcard. That's like participation ribbons. It's gimmicky and not our tradition. Nobody would come up with this nonsense if we were winning. Stupid shit like taking away the blackshirts and changing the tunnelwalk are brought up out of desperation. I hate losing, too. And that's the kind of coach that I want hire. One that hates losing more than he loves winning.

Sorry headcard. That's like participation ribbons. It's gimmicky and not our tradition. Nobody would come up with this nonsense if we were winning. Stupid shit like taking away the blackshirts and changing the tunnelwalk are brought up out of desperation. I hate losing, too. And that's the kind of coach that I want hire. One that hates losing more than he loves winning.
We would be 6-4 right now and favored to beat Wisconsin and Iowa if the kids had a little extra motivation - like getting that next tiny corncob helmet sticker

There were 10 wins (and 50/50 game with OU) on this schedule for any slightly above average program to take advantage of

we pissed away one of the easiest schedules we will ever see - next year is a cakewalk as well
We found out this team is not even close to being slightly above average.

The crappy O-line got Casey Thompson killed and will do it again if CT makes it back.

We have no capable backup QB.

The Frost Factor lost us NW (so glad he is gone). Shouldn’t have lost to GA Sou

No way we had a 50/50 shot against OU.

Should have beaten Minnesota.

The crappy O-line got Casey Thompson killed and will do it again if CT makes it back.

I said for any slightly above average program - we clearly aren’t

And Purdue

I believe this is part of the reason Frost failed, he tried to fit a square peg in a round hole, to do things the Nebraska way. Oregon speed and Husker power, wtf? He couldn’t make it work. Went from zone schemes to power schemes, up tempo, to slow. Never establishing an identity to coach and recruit to.

The frustrating thing is that during the last half of Frost's first season (2018), we actually looked like the UCF/Oregon offense. Then Frost went to more of a slower tempo offense, then tried to go to more of an option offense.....

The next coach needs to bring an identity and stick with it.

Ummm...didn't the reboot happen with Callahan and his offense? Didn't it happen again with Scott Frost's melding of Oregon finesse and Husker strength?

Reactions: pascal
The frustrating thing is that during the last half of Frost's first season (2018), we actually looked like the UCF/Oregon offense. Then Frost went to more of a slower tempo offense, then tried to go to more of an option offense.....

The next coach needs to bring an identity and stick with it.
Yeah I always wondered what happened to the whole "play fast " "and no slow blinkers " thing

TO would have absolutely blasted these sorry BIG teams. It would look exactly like the old Big 8 with Nebraska against Ohio St every year for the title.

That model was an option and a bad ass D. I'm game.

Coach Mickey was correct when he stated that every position on the team needs new recruiting. We have players that lack talent. I hope Mickey stays at NU has we have to get the speed and talent that resides in the South.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT