ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Tattoos

I think tattoos are slowly becoming a thing of the past, I don't have one but to each their own. Just remember it's really difficult to remove and a lot of professional places will make you cover them up.

I think tattoos are slowly becoming a thing of the past, I don't have one but to each their own. Just remember it's really difficult to remove and a lot of professional places will make you cover them up.

I see it just the opposite. I see them everywhere and rarely covered. Even places like banks and hospitals allow staff to have them uncovered. I agree with you though. Not my thing. That said, I see some really cool ones from time to time. I am always interested in the stories behind them more than the tat itself.

I have multiple tats and have never thought about removing. Been actually thinking about adding to my art by adding a Husker tattoo. Always looking for ideas.

Ok so I'm old. In my youth the only people that had tattoos were ex WW II Navy veterans and Hell's Angel types.

I'm not a fan of them or piercings and those earlobe spreader things.

My opinion is if you want a tattoo or piercing, put it somewhere that can be covered up. If you pierce your nipples, belly button or lower private parts, go for it. I would agree that they can be sexy. If a girl has a tattoo in the g string area or a tramp stamp, fine. What drives me nuts is when females get dressed up for what would be considered a black tie event, and they wear dresses that show all their tattoos. To me it just loses it for me rather than a very beautiful individual in a lovely dress that says"class". They tend to distract from what should be the focus.

Just me.

not my thing either, but sometimes they can look really good if done tastefully..

i do remember someone with a husker helmet tattooed on her ass...

I'm in my 40s, and am in the process of getting one removed (nothing Husker related, something from my time in the military). I would advise against tattoos, but that's just my opinion. I can tell you from experience that the removal process is significantly more painful and tedious than the application process!

Good luck.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I'm in my 40s, and am in the process of getting one removed (nothing Husker related, something from my time in the military). I would advise against tattoos, but that's just my opinion. I can tell you from experience that the removal process is significantly more painful and tedious than the application process!

Good luck.
Thank you for your service.

I am 56 I wrestled in college was all American at an NAIA school in 1986. I want to get Tatttoo for accomplishing it. Here is a lil back story my hs record was 6-62 going into my senior year with being pinned in :08 seconds to my credit. My senior year I went 20-4 conference champ but no state qualifier. No scholarship or anything just want to keep going so walked on at college, when I am 80 I will temper all the work I did but worried it’s old news now. I want :08 tattooed on one calf and all-American on the other . What do you guys think

I have seen some awesome tattoos in my time. But the vast majority, I would say 90+% are just awful. If you are going to do that to your body pay top dollar and find a renowned artist.

Yeah, that's just not the way it is these days. I find them to be ugly and a big mistake. I believe I read where 49% of the population has at least one tat. Goldman Sachs just loosened their dress code (hell freezing over) and other employers are allowing tattoos to be visible. I work for a Fortune 500 company and it's less about social acceptance (the scales tipped awhile ago) and more about being competitive in recruiting the best employees.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Yeah tattoos are definitely going no were and the teens these days all want them. My sons all rave about getting some and even allowed my oldest (17 years old at the time and is now 19 and a marine, and I had my younger brother 36 and my mom convince me it’s fine) to get his last name in old English a crossed his shoulders like me, his uncle and my father has. Now I don’t have a Husker one yet but my younger brother does on his right calf.

Yeah, that's just not the way it is these days. I find them to be ugly and a big mistake. I believe I read where 49% of the population has at least one tat. Goldman Sachs just loosened their dress code (hell freezing over) and other employers are allowing tattoos to be visible. I work for a Fortune 500 company and it's less about social acceptance (the scales tipped awhile ago) and more about being competitive in recruiting the best employees.
I was just go off what I see from some or the new recruits and other young kids, it appears that they have less or no tattoos. I agree most are ugly and how do these kids afford them because there not cheap. I will add it might look cool now just wait till there in the 50'and 60's

I was just go off what I see from some or the new recruits and other young kids, it appears that they have less or no tattoos. I agree most are ugly and how do these kids afford them because there not cheap. I will add it might look cool now just wait till there in the 50'and 60's
I got to know a former D lineman from Iowa a bit and he told me all the black guys on his team would spend their tax returns on tattoos while he went and bought cows. It was the most Iowa thing I ever heard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT