ADVERTISEMENT

Husker football is alive and well.

red rover 70

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2011
We came together as a team against Michigan State. And i feel real good about where we are as a program. Watching Sparty and the Buckeyes going toe to toe has me looking to the future and smiling. This year really was a time for the players and staff to learn how to gel and play as one. We had so many close losses that could of gone our way. And it did hurt but in the long run it made the team come together. Now we need to finish the season off on a high note and beat Iowa.
GO BIG RED!

If Nebraska can knock off Iowa, it will be quite ironic that the one team to hand both B1G champ game partipants their only loss would be lowly Nebraska!

Reactions: Bremser
Someone peed in your cheerios.

Some of us see positively and can build off of accomplishments. Others still want to cry about the past.

Reactions: 94husker
The Huskers are alive, but something is wrong if anyone is happy being 5-6 at this stage of the season. If we were good enough to beat MSU and if we are good enough to beat Iowa it will upset me even more that we had so many STUPID losses. I support the players and blame the coaches for the losses.

Blah blah blah. Early in the season there were clearly growing pains. As the season has progressed the team as improved to a point we think we have a good shot against the number 5 team in the country.

Just think what kind of momentum that would give to year two and quit holding onto the past. This was a severely banged up team with new coaches.

Someone peed in your cheerios.

Some of us see positively and can build off of accomplishments. Others still want to cry about the past.

The past? 4 weeks ago vs now? We're not talking about 2 or 3 seasons ago. The only thing our win over MSU showed me is that, contrary to what many on here thought, our team has the talent to be better than 5-6. The difference is that it took our veteran coaching staff the majority of the season to finally start playing to our team's strengths. Shocking, I know considering our coach's record at producing championship caliber teams.

Big Red is dangerous team with everything to gain and very little to lose. I like our chances against Iowa.

The past? 4 weeks ago vs now? We're not talking about 2 or 3 seasons ago. The only thing our win over MSU showed me is that, contrary to what many on here thought, our team has the talent to be better than 5-6. The difference is that it took our veteran coaching staff the majority of the season to finally start playing to our team's strengths. Shocking, I know considering our coach's record at producing championship caliber teams.
Thank god you're not coaching or playing if you can't build off the momentum and see brighter days ahead.

For the record, no one is happy about 5-6 but we could cry and bitch about it like you or take some momentum and look at the positives. Why are you even a fan?

The Huskers are alive, but something is wrong if anyone is happy being 5-6 at this stage of the season. If we were good enough to beat MSU and if we are good enough to beat Iowa it will upset me even more that we had so many STUPID losses. I support the players and blame the coaches for the losses.
This is mind blowing... I totally get the if only, I played that game 2 hours ago...

But to be even more upset if we beat Iowa than if we lose? I will NEVER understand this logic.

And before you say differently, you are basing your anger on if we beat Iowa. The only way you won't be as upset is if we lose... If Iowa wins then you can feel better about the rest of our losses. Huh?

I couldn't help noticing you had the letters h u s k e r in your handle

Let's see........maybe multiple injuries had something to do with it? Maybe new coaching staff transitioning to an entirely new system? Your response is silly! The future is bright!!! GBR!!!!

Can't rationalize with a Negative Nancy.

Let him cry about the season. Hop on the positivity bus and believe in the direction of this team.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Random: I though Ohio St had better QBs than we do. Lol, yeah right,
Still amazed they talked their 3r string qb; who performed into a potential first round draft pick last year; into coming back. They really put it too him; gone are the millions, and yes money counts - you can go back to school .

Reactions: jeans15

Did you even watch any of the effing season?? We haven't been healthy on the defensive side of the ball the entire year. We just watched an MSU team, without their starting QB, just spank an OSU team that had won 23 in a row. I can't even imagine what they would have done to 'em if Cook would have played.

We will be the only team to have beaten the B1G Champion (MSU) this year. We were finally starting to get healthy. We'll be even more healthy against Iowa.

Last edited:
This is mind blowing... I totally get the if only, I played that game 2 hours ago...

But to be even more upset if we beat Iowa than if we lose? I will NEVER understand this logic.

And before you say differently, you are basing your anger on if we beat Iowa. The only way you won't be as upset is if we lose... If Iowa wins then you can feel better about the rest of our losses. Huh?

Ok here it goes, when we were losing all those close games a number of people were writing what they thought was causing those losses. Everything from how bad the players were, what an awful QB Tommy is, how Bo didn't recruit well (true, no argument there), how Bo was controlling the minds of the players, etc,etc, etc. I have always thought the players were good enough to win those games and I blame Riley and staff for every one of those defeats. It was not good coaching. So yes I find it even more frustrating that we beat the best team we will face this year and have a chance in winning the game against the second best team that we face. I am going to cheer like hell for the players when I am at the game Friday, but that doesn't mean I like Riley. I support the players as I have since 1968.

Last edited:
Ok here it goes, when we were losing all those close games a number of people were writing what they thought was causing those losses. Everything from how bad the players were, what an awful QB Tommy is, how Bo didn't recruit well (true, no argument there), how Bo was controlling the minds of the players, etc,etc, etc. I have always thought the players were good enough to win those games and I blame Riley and staff for every one of those defeats. It was not good coaching. So yes I find it even more frustrating that we beat the best team we will face this year and have a chance in winning the game against the second best team that we face. I am going to cheer like hell for the players when I am at the game Friday, but that doesn't mean I like Riley. I support the players as I have since 1968.
Must really suck to be you. No matter what happens next week it will be bittersweet. Huskers win, yay players but dammit Riley!

Iowa wins, that sucks for the players but suck it Riley!

Reactions: chicolby
Must really suck to be you. No matter what happens next week it will be bittersweet. Huskers win, yay players but dammit Riley!

Iowa wins, that sucks for the players but suck it Riley!

Well at least I will be at the Champions Club or inside the stadium enjoying the sun. How's that damp, dark basement that you hole up in until your mother yells down to you to tell you it is time to take out the trash?

If Nebraska can knock off Iowa, it will be quite ironic that the one team to hand both B1G champ game partipants their only loss would be lowly Nebraska!

Pretty sure most true Nebraska fans are not looking for moral Championships. If you beat Iowa and that is a big if, then that is a w in a very average season to this point. I expect a great game and will be there to enjoy it!

Reactions: Wasker77
Well at least I will be at the Champions Club or inside the stadium enjoying the sun. How's that damp, dark basement that you hole up in until your mother yells down to you to tell you it is time to take out the trash?
That's the best you can do? Smh...

I completely understand disappointment at how this season went, but again, to be upset if we win I will never understand. How does that make me a basement dweller?

Still chuckling about basement smack...

I guess that's what people do when they have no other useful or articulate response.

So Wasker, I imagine you were pretty upset when we beat Michigan State as well, huh?

Happy for the team, but not for the coaches...

Reactions: red rover 70
Did you even watch any of the effing season?? We haven't been healthy on the defensive side of the ball the entire year. We just watched an MSU team, without their starting QB, just spank an OSU team that had won 23 in a row. I can't even imagine what they would have done to 'em if Cook would have played.

We will be the only team to have beaten the B1G Champion (MSU) this year. We were finally starting to get healthy. We'll be even more healthy against Iowa.

...and we are playing as a team. Posters like wasker just want to bash Riley and the staff any chance they can get. Gerry told the world that emotional he wasn't on board the Riley train before Michigan State. Do i wish we had this emotional ready team that day against BYU... HELL YES! But it didn't happen. And because of that we're not the team that's 11-0 going into Black Friday. Could we lose... yeah. But i'll tell you this, Iowa will graduate their senior dominated team while we will be bringing back our young team. Nebraska's future is very bright and we all should be grateful for coach Riley. His calm presence and damn good coaching kept us in games when players weren't on board. Imagine what we can do when the players are??? You don't have to... watch the Michigan State game on BTN CLASSICS!

You're a sad little man.

I will be at the game rooting for the Huskers and not against Riley. You haters are really sick.

Reactions: HuskerO
Imagine how powerful Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern and Wisky would feel too.
This.

Don't get me wrong, I love how Nebraska has looked in the past two games. But the game of using transitive relation is a dangerous one.

Purdue beat Nebraska, Nebraska beat Michigan State, Michigan State beat Ohio State.

Purdue is better than Ohio State.

There is no need for transitive relation.

It is as simple as this:

If Nebraska beats Iowa, it will be THE TEAM to have handed both B1G championships their only loss of the season.

That doesn't reflect "we are better because X beat Y who beat Z". It simply shows that Nebraska was good enough to directly beat the best in the conference.

There is no need for transitive relation.

It is as simple as this:

If Nebraska beats Iowa, it will be THE TEAM to have handed both B1G championships their only loss of the season.

That doesn't reflect "we are better because X beat Y who beat Z". It simply shows that Nebraska was good enough to directly beat the best in the conference.
Oh, I agree. But I feel the OP was using transitive relation when he created this thread. Nebraska has the opportunity to "directly beat the best in the conference," but if that happens, Illinois and Purdue "directly beat" the team that "directly beat" the best in in the conference, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT