ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Baseball

Trev Alberts is running a clown show AD. Like I have said, in over his head.

Trev never hired Scott, Fred or Will. Everyone on this board was ecstatic when the hires were made including you (probably, but you'll deny it). Fans here couldn't wait to have Will take over for Darin. Doesn't matter who is in what position you'll find something to bitch about. That's just you.

Trev never hired Scott, Fred or Will. Everyone on this board was ecstatic when the hires were made including you (probably, but you'll deny it). Fans here couldn't wait to have Will take over for Darin. Doesn't matter who is in what position you'll find something to bitch about. That's just you.
According to this board, his whole strategy was to mentor the coaches up to par and that's why he kept them around. Well in football, we can make the excuse that Alberts wasn't here long enough. However, Alberts had plenty of time to impart his other-worldly wisdom before the basketball and baseball seasons and I'm just shocked that hasn't taken effect yet. I guess that means we need several more years of keeping underperforming head coaches around so Alberts can magically turn them into good coaches. I'm sure this approach will turn out great!

According to this board, his whole strategy was to mentor the coaches up to par and that's why he kept them around. Well in football, we can make the excuse that Alberts wasn't here long enough. However, Alberts had plenty of time to impart his other-worldly wisdom before the basketball and baseball seasons and I'm just shocked that hasn't taken effect yet. I guess that means we need several more years of keeping underperforming head coaches around so Alberts can magically turn them into good coaches. I'm sure this approach will turn out great!
I like the rose colored glasses when it comes to Whip...like he is some offensive genius. I guess we will see!

I expect 9-10 wins pretty much every season because the Big Ten is a bunch of average teams with lame recruiting but so for only Bo has been able to do that.

Reactions: oldjar07
We traded Bolt for Erstad because fans didn't think he recruited enough Nebraska kids. Bolt won with Darrin's recruits and now his Nebraska kids are getting blown out. According to this board Erstad was handed the job by TO. God it gets old that it's always wrong just because you want to find something to complain about. Hell, when you pass you'll probably bitch that the welcome lights in heaven aren't bright enough.

We traded Bolt for Erstad because fans didn't think he recruited enough Nebraska kids. Bolt won with Darrin's recruits and now his Nebraska kids are getting blown out. According to this board Erstad was handed the job by TO. God it gets old that it's always wrong just because you want to find something to complain about. Hell, when you pass you'll probably bitch that the welcome lights in heaven aren't bright enough.
Oh yeah, there's been absolutely nothing to complain about in NU men's athletics the last several years. They've been absolutely rock solid.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Anyone else notice that as soon as Christo has a base runner he rarely throws his curve ball?

I actually wasn't crazy about the Bolt hire, but he just led the baseball team to its most successful season in 15 years so I wouldn't throw him under the bus over one bad season.

Apparently Alberts should have had some kind of premonition that that the roof was about to cave in on the NU baseball program, and should have canned the one guy in the entire men's athletic department who has actually accomplished something positive.

I actually wasn't crazy about the Bolt hire, but he just led the baseball team to its most successful season in 15 years so I wouldn't throw him under the bus over one bad season.

Apparently Alberts should have had some kind of premonition that that the roof was about to cave in on the NU baseball program, and should have canned the one guy in the entire men's athletic department who has actually accomplished something positive.
I never said to fire the guy, I support Will Bolt. I'm taking a crack at all the guys who think mentoring a coach to greatness is a viable plan. If Alberts could really do that, you think we would have seen some evidence of that by now, if not in the football program, at least in basketball or baseball. We haven't seen that obviously and it's not going to happen.

I never said to fire the guy, I support Will Bolt. I'm taking a crack at all the guys who think mentoring a coach to greatness is a viable plan. If Alberts could really do that, you think we would have seen some evidence of that by now, if not in the football program, at least in basketball or baseball. We haven't seen that obviously and it's not going to happen.
I still don't get why you are whining about Trev Alberts in a thread about the baseball program. In the six months between his hiring and the start of the 2022 baseball season, Alberts was supposed to make Bolt a better coach?

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I still don't get why you are whining about Trev Alberts in a thread about the baseball program. In the six months between his hiring and the start of the 2022 baseball season, Alberts was supposed to make Bolt a better coach?
Yes, that's enough time. He certainly wasn't supposed to get worse if the divine mentorship hypothesis is correct.

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
Bolt won with Darrin's recruits and now his Nebraska kids are getting blown out.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Absolutely one of the worst takes this board has seen over the years.

Cade Povich - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Chance Hroch - Bolt recruit
Cam Wynne - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Emmett Olson - Bolt recruit
Koty Frank - Bolt recruit
Jake Bunz - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Griffin Everitt - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Max Anderson - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Brice Matthews - Bolt recruit
Logan Foster - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)

Good luck having the same success without the above guys. It was a great mixture that Bolt and his staff developed as Hallmark, Roskam & Acker put up career best numbers under the current staff. Offensively and defensively. Erstad didn't leave much depth. Add in their diligence with Schwellenbach on the bump, and his added responsibilities offensively/defensively. Mix the returners with what they immediately recruited and it was a great combination for lightening in a bottle.

The 2022 team is young. They lost a crap ton of not only experienced players but leadership as well. You don't replace 3,000+ plate appearances & 700+ starts, which includes a 1st team All American, B1G POY, 4 1st team All B1G, 2 of the guys were a 2nd round pick & a 3rd round pick, in a season after 2 years as a coach. We don't recruit like Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Texas, etc. Nor will we ever.

The staff will make the necessary changes to better the program for 2023 & going forward.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Absolutely one of the worst takes this board has seen over the years.

Cade Povich - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Chance Hroch - Bolt recruit
Cam Wynne - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Emmett Olson - Bolt recruit
Koty Frank - Bolt recruit
Jake Bunz - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Griffin Everitt - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Max Anderson - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)
Brice Matthews - Bolt recruit
Logan Foster - Bolt recruit (Nebraska kid)

Good luck having the same success without the above guys. It was a great mixture that Bolt and his staff developed as Hallmark, Roskam & Acker put up career best numbers under the current staff. Offensively and defensively. Erstad didn't leave much depth. Add in their diligence with Schwellenbach on the bump, and his added responsibilities offensively/defensively. Mix the returners with what they immediately recruited and it was a great combination for lightening in a bottle.

The 2022 team is young. They lost a crap ton of not only experienced players but leadership as well. You don't replace 3,000+ plate appearances & 700+ starts, which includes a 1st team All American, B1G POY, 4 1st team All B1G, 2 of the guys were a 2nd round pick & a 3rd round pick, in a season after 2 years as a coach. We don't recruit like Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Texas, etc. Nor will we ever.

The staff will make the necessary changes to better the program for 2023 & going forward.

LOL -- they are currently maybe the 3rd best team in the state of Nebraska

the big ten is a low mid major conference - they are the #9 rated conference in the nation behind conf USA and the sun belt

no half-way decent player is pining to play for Nebraska or a big ten school -- there are JUCOs located in the south that are better baseball schools

LOL -- they are currently maybe the 3rd best team in the state of Nebraska

the big ten is a low mid major conference - they are the #9 rated conference in the nation behind conf USA and the sun belt

no half-way decent player is pining to play for Nebraska or a big ten school -- there are JUCOs located in the south that are better baseball schools

Not a single thing you post countered my facts. This will be the last response to you, troll somone else.

Not a single thing you post countered my facts. This will be the last response to you, troll somone else.
someone is quite twitchy about their low level baseball

probably one of those degenerates that are regulars at games featuring the Fort Wayne TinCaps or Lansing Lugnuts

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Pretty sure that is Cade's dad! And a huge Husker baseball fan even before Cade came to Lincoln!
Yeah, that is what I was saying. That other poster was like "What if it is a players parent"

No current parent of a player is using a fake name of a former player.

Sheesh!...Give it a break and some time....Need confidence in anyone new to their position. Frankly appears
that you are an impatient person, guess we all are to some degree....Even so, nothing great is ever done overnight. Are Husker fans, or many of them, the best or not? Beginning to wonder.

So Koty Frank pitches really well last night, and Jim Rose takes a shot for how he spells his first name on KFAB this morning.

Note to Jim. He's one of ours and he probably didn't pick the spelling. Why is it so easy to dislike you? Nebraska sports broadcaster of the year, 1977.

the offense is still in a coma, but NU did get a win tonight - beat BYU 1-0.
Any updates on the rest of the series?
Fingers crossed that the initial win against the fighting Mormons will jump start the season

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
Fingers crossed that the initial win against the fighting Mormons will jump start the season

200w.gif
Good lord you Iowa fans are the trashiest group of people in college athletics…..it’s unfortunate that the free Nebraska board lets anyone post after signing up….those jagoffs at hawkeyereport ban for simply posting likes and other emojis and have a whitelist in place even for the free board.

200w.gif
You act like I was doing cartwheels over the series opener, when all I did was provide the score. But then, what would one expect from a booger-eating troll with way too much time on his hands?

So Koty Frank pitches really well last night, and Jim Rose takes a shot for how he spells his first name on KFAB this morning.

Note to Jim. He's one of ours and he probably didn't pick the spelling. Why is it so easy to dislike you? Nebraska sports broadcaster of the year, 1977.
Rose is the same juvenile asshat who used to walk around Avery Hall in a tweed sportcoat and tie every day, jussssssst in case a local TV station needed someone to anchor the sports on short notice. Still a punchline, 35 years later.

Rose is the same juvenile asshat who used to walk around Avery Hall in a tweed sportcoat and tie every day, jussssssst in case a local TV station needed someone to anchor the sports on short notice. Still a punchline, 35 years later.
And he has to be the worse ever football broadcaster for Nebraska he was unable to listen to and I thought having Warren was bad but it got worse with pretty boy

Yes, that's enough time. He certainly wasn't supposed to get worse if the divine mentorship hypothesis is correct.
There wasnt a single person that follows husker baseball even a little bit that said NU wouldnt be worse than last years team considering how much they lost from that roster...give it a rest

It is painfully obvious you are clueless. It is not about words or wisdom.or mentoring, all you mention. It is about administrative support. Trev intends to provide all the support each program needs to be successful. Whether or not they are is up to the coaches but they can't say they weren't supported and given every opportunity to win. A good administrator does this with any employee.

Now spin it anyway you want, you seem good at that.

Is there any reason the believe this team will be any better next season? I get that Bolt caught lightning in a bottle last season, but I’m just so used to nebraska sucking that I really don’t see anything changing next year.

This post woke me up from my slumber. Seriously give your family a few hugs, and enjoy your time with the people you love. This is unhealthy

1. Trev Alberts has nothing to do with the Will Bolt hire. Didn't hear you bitching about baseball when we were in the super regionals last year. Did you want Trev to get rid of Will when he was hired?

2. Trev Albert has been here for one year. How about we let him do a few thing before you start roasting him over an open fire.

3. How about you stop bitching on a message board and try and actually create a solution. I mean the chances of you doing anything relevant is slim to none, but at least you'd be doing something productive.

See you again in a year ✌️

1. Trev Alberts has nothing to do with the Will Bolt hire. Didn't hear you bitching about baseball when we were in the super regionals last year. Did you want Trev to get rid of Will when he was hired?

please refresh our memories by posting the details of our glorious trip to the super regionals last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT