ADVERTISEMENT

How can our best play be the QB run?

What's depressing is once again having a qb that leaves me wondering if the backup is better. So sick of this.
In the old days, we used to marvel at how Frankie London or literally whatever backup QB we had was likely ten times better than the guy we had starting. I think Joe Ganz was Sam Keller's backup and was actually that guy. The other night, I was thinking literally any mobile QB that had the slightest bit of ability to read a defense and NOT throw off his back foot into triple coverage and/or take a sack after scrambling for ten seconds after their offensive line disappeared right after the snap would be better than what we saw. Holy crap. So far, we got sold a bill of goods on the guy we have starting right now. He looks like Vince Young when he escapes the pocket running and looks like Joe Bauserman everytime he throws the ball.

Reactions: Huskers123456
I like the idea of Haarberg or Purdy running the offense.

First, we must stick to the run game this year.. so I'm not considering either guy as to his passing ability.

What should matter first and foremost is decision making ability.

Which QB is going to make the best decisions with the ball in his hands? You hand it off, or you run. Who best can read defenses? Who of the 3 is the best leader? The one that the guys trust and look up to?

That is how I would look at it if it were up to me.

All good in theory, but what happens if we're down 2-3 touchdowns? We come out running it, down 21 something points, with a couple 3 and outs...I promise you're singing a different tune the following Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT