ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiskers vs. Georgia Tech

SomedayHusker

All-American
Oct 26, 2019
Omaha
On ESPNU. 20-19 NU with the lead. GT not a great team but it’s always nice to win. Defense not looking too terrible to start. Offense is hit and miss but a good game.

How would Cam Mack feel about playing wide receiver next season? Dude is an unbelievable athlete.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
He is going to be fun to watch all year, love his dimes too.

I agree it doesn’t look like they are meshing. I also think if this offense gets some shooters they will be dangerous

This team needs to shore up this free throw issue. Lack of a big man on defense will be easily exploited this year, but yvan ouedraogo could develop into a nice paint presence on the defensive end. We look pretty good in transition, the halfcourt offense struggles a bit. Thor looking reliable

This team needs to shore up this free throw issue. Lack of a big man on defense will be easily exploited this year, but yvan ouedraogo could develop into a nice paint presence on the defensive end. We look pretty good in transition, the halfcourt offense struggles a bit. Thor looking reliable
Gonna be a brutal year. If folks are bitching at record of frost vs prior coach will they do the same here?

If you thought the football team was hard to watch, you probably should avoid watching the basketball team. Yikes!

That said, there will probably be a night or two where they hit everything and win a game or two. But night in and night out they will have a hard time competing.

If you know anything about basketball you know this team is terrible. If Hoiberg can win with these guys then he is coach of the century.
I watched about ten minutes of it tonight. Seeing them at the free throw line is the basketball equivalent of watching ten bubble screens that amount to two yards total every game in football.

They missed a ton of layups, couldnt hit a free throw, and couldnt make a 3 and were still in it with 5 mins left. Need to get some shooters rolling.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I get that it sucks and that they suck...but they might (I stress might) have 1 high major player on their team right now.

They missed a ton of layups, couldnt hit a free throw, and couldnt make a 3 and were still in it with 5 mins left. Need to get some shooters rolling.
It would seem to me that we struggled with Georgia Tech's length and athleticism. When you start forcing perimeter shots over tall guys and worry about getting your shots inside blocked, all confidence goes out the window. This is going to the story all year I'm afraid. Ohio State destroyed Carolina last night. B1G is REALLY tough this year. I'm not sure where the wins are going to come from.

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
It would seem to me that we struggled with Georgia Tech's length and athleticism. When you start forcing perimeter shots over tall guys and worry about getting your shots inside blocked, all confidence goes out the window. This is going to the story all year I'm afraid. Ohio State destroyed Carolina last night. B1G is REALLY tough this year. I'm not sure where the wins are going to come from.

Yeah...there are no wins to be had/gotten from OSU, Michigan, MSU, Maryland, Indiana, PSU or even Iowa right now.

It will be a long year and next year most of these current players will be replaced. This was a filler year.

Yeah...there are no wins to be had/gotten from OSU, Michigan, MSU, Maryland, Indiana, PSU or even Iowa right now.

It will be a long year and next year most of these current players will be replaced. This was a filler year.
How about the guys sitting out this year (Blanton, Stevenson and ?). Would they be starters on this team?

Last night:

MD blows out ND
Purdue blows out UVA
Ohio State blows out UNC

Gonna be a long season.

Last night:

MD blows out ND
Purdue blows out UVA
Ohio State blows out UNC

Gonna be a long season.

It was always going to be a long season. Even if Miles was retained we would have been projected at the bottom.

We missed a crazy amount of bunnies last night. I like some of the pieces we have. Hoiberg just needs to recruit some sharp shooters. Guys like Burke just ain’t it. Probably would have been solid in Mikes system but Hoiberg probably isn’t accustom to the other team daring his team to shoot.

I went to the game last night. It was great to be around some other Husker fans and McCamish is a pretty nice arena. This was a very frustrating game to watch. I’m not even sure how many turnovers we had, or how long it was into the second half before we scored (we went Ice cold and it felt like we couldn’t hit anything.) That being said, there were moments that I thought were pretty good, and I loved the hustle. I think we may see it come together in the second half of the season. These dudes are clearly still learning how to play together. And obviously we need some size in the middle.

I think it was closer because GT appeared pretty careless with the basketball and allowed us some transition points. Burke is interesting. He’s good driving to the cup, not a great shooter but I honestly love watching him on defense.

I think most knew Mack would be the best player. Cheatham is also decent, very heady. We lack length in a big way down low. Our bigs look very small out there, it’s going to be rough in conference play.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I can see what Hoiberg is trying to get to, but our horrible shooting would make Roy Williams and Coach K look like bad coaches. 6 of 26 from three, 12 of 29 layups/dunks. Unreal. Wonder if there will be a bunch of roster turnover again with more time for the coaches to evaluate available players?

It was always going to be a long season. Even if Miles was retained we would have been projected at the bottom.

We missed a crazy amount of bunnies last night. I like some of the pieces we have. Hoiberg just needs to recruit some sharp shooters. Guys like Burke just ain’t it. Probably would have been solid in Mikes system but Hoiberg probably isn’t accustom to the other team daring his team to shoot.
I think Burkes will adjust and get better with experience. Some of it is just confidence playing against better talent.

I can see what Hoiberg is trying to get to, but our horrible shooting would make Roy Williams and Coach K look like bad coaches. 6 of 26 from three, 12 of 29 layups/dunks. Unreal. Wonder if there will be a bunch of roster turnover again with more time for the coaches to evaluate available players?
Shooting good or bad is contagious. When one guy gets hot it seems like several others will follow. Just not much confidence right now. The layup and dunk thing is IMO a result of looking over their shoulder waiting for that shot blocker to swat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT