ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the thing that sucks...

PeliniTheCrutch

Defensive Coordinator
Jul 4, 2016
...this team isn't 0-4 because of talent. This is as poorly a coached team as I've seen, Nebraska or otherwise. Riley was/is the worst HC in history, but even his teams did not take the sloppiness to this level. Does this change when "his players" are in?

...this team isn't 0-4 because of talent. This is as poorly a coached team as I've seen, Nebraska or otherwise. Riley was/is the worst HC in history, but even his teams did not take the sloppiness to this level. Does this change when "his players" are in?

you are right Riley's teams did not play hard enough to make undisciplined mistakes, they just bent over and took it.

Reactions: BroskiRed
Same undisciplined players playing for a coach they don’t want to play for in a system they don’t yet know how to run...what could possibly go wrong?

So you're saying you miss Banker? Frost doesn't have Tommy Armstrong to bail him and his offensive line out. Make no mistake. This losing streak started under MFR and is in part due to MFR and his assistants. This team started with Bo's last class in the winter before he was fired. That was a terrible class and MFR didn't exactly set the world on fire the next year either. I thought Frost had enough to work with to be competitive this year and he may still make them that way before the year is over but there are quite a few Ls still out there for us

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
We are 3 years behind in the weight room, our recruiting has been average, and Riley never made any player better. So our talent level is low and it is going to take some time to heal, remember most of these kids have never been coached until this year.

In my opinion here is what we are looking at, at this point.
1. We have the absolute worse overrated talent in the history of Nebraska maybe the ncaa.
2. The players mentality is worse than we could have imagined
3. UCF was a lucky break for Frost. Any coach would have went undefeated with that team.

So you're saying you miss Banker? Frost doesn't have Tommy Armstrong to bail him and his offensive line out. Make no mistake. This losing streak started under MFR and is in part due to MFR and his assistants. This team started with Bo's last class in the winter before he was fired. That was a terrible class and MFR didn't exactly set the world on fire the next year either. I thought Frost had enough to work with to be competitive this year and he may still make them that way before the year is over but there are quite a few Ls still out there for us

No.

And coach playing said players that don’t want to play for him.

Not that simple and you know it. Quit trying to paint this as an easy fix. You would rather have guys with FCS talent playing hard than talented guys not giving 100%? Results wouldn’t be any different and likely worse.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
In my opinion here is what we are looking at, at this point.
1. We have the absolute worse overrated talent in the history of Nebraska maybe the ncaa.
2. The players mentality is worse than we could have imagined
3. UCF was a lucky break for Frost. Any coach would have went undefeated with that team.
Then how come none of them did?

Not that simple and you know it. Quit trying to paint this as an easy fix. You would rather have guys with FCS talent playing hard than talented guys not giving 100%? Results wouldn’t be any different and likely worse.
You really believe Frost would actually play a guy that he feels doesn’t want to play for him? No chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT