ADVERTISEMENT

How much hardware is Rhule bringing with him?

I had at least 8 names that were better. Like I said, I don't think it was a great hire, but I think it was a decent hire, and let's just leave it at that.
We’ll see if anyone going to hire BOB, I haven’t seen anyone that has job openings that has brought up his name…

You even had Monken on your list of 8..

Reactions: dinglefritz
We’ll see if anyone going to hire BOB, I haven’t seen anyone that has job openings that has brought up his name…

You even had Monken on your list of 8..
I didn't have Monken or BoB ahead of Rhule fwiw.

I'm not too concerned over the length of the contract. All I want is someone to stop the slide and get us to winning again and that will take care of many problems we now endure as a fan base. The days of coaches staying with a program for life are rare so any coach who is hired signs a contract with an out clause. Just get Nebraska winning again and you will have the next great generation of head coaches lining up to coach at Nebraska, it's really about stopping the hemorrhaging.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Bad hire. I will expect that all the Husker homers will see this in 3-4 years and we will be talking about the same bullshit. But whatever, Trev is the man.
Is Frost your butt buddy or something? Youve been poisoning a lot of threads with your bullshit.

• Love
Reactions: Dylman
Bad hire. I will expect that all the Husker homers will see this in 3-4 years and we will be talking about the same bullshit. But whatever, Trev is the man.
We do not know who Trev offered...or who Trev offered and was turned down. Knowing that...how can we say this was a bad hire? Do any of us know who was really interested?

This may end up being a bad hire. But could it be that this was the best hire available for what Trev was offering?

List 8 coaches with a better resume that would have taken the job?
Even if he can list 8 coaches with better resumes, he can't prove they would have taken the job. They all believe somehow that we can get anyone we want but we are the ones turning them down and choosing inferior coaches

What should the contract have been? When that was rejected, who do you go after next?

What makes you qualified to determine market value of a head coach?

Let me guess, you would've hired Urban.
Sounds like the coaches store was closing and Trev panicked and grabbed something off the shelf before the Omaha Beef took him as HC.

It's nice to see Husker fans have not lost their desire to self-sabotage new coaches before their announcement press conference.

List 8 coaches with a better resume that would have taken the job?
1. Urban
2. Mullen
3. Herman
4. Petersen
5. Deboer
6. Aranda
7. Leipold
8. Fickell
9. Rhule
10. BoB
11. Campbell
12. Kliemann

This has been my list since the beginning, and that order hasn't changed. If Kiffin or Freeze were realistic options, I would include them above Rhule along with a couple coordinators I was really high on. Again Rhule is a decent hire because it's somewhere on my list, but I would reserve the term 'great hire' for someone who's in the top 5.

• Haha
Even if he can list 8 coaches with better resumes, he can't prove they would have taken the job. They all believe somehow that we can get anyone we want but we are the ones turning them down and choosing inferior coaches
Rhule turned us down before accepting the job. You're right I can't prove that because it depends on a lot of different factors and moving parts. And Trev put by far the most effort into Rhule and probably ignored some others on the list.

I'm praying he doesn't sign.

Should have kept MJ for a 4 year contract..

Now it's going to be torn down and we will be in a worse position bc the guy doesn't really want to be here anyway.

This was a beyond dumb decision.
Pull your head out of your ass already. You're normally a pretty rational person. What's the deal?

1. Urban
2. Mullen
3. Herman
4. Petersen
5. Deboer
6. Aranda
7. Leipold
8. Fickell
9. Rhule
10. BoB
11. Campbell
12. Kliemann

This has been my list since the beginning, and that order hasn't changed. If Kiffin or Freeze were realistic options, I would include them above Rhule along with a couple coordinators I was really high on. Again Rhule is a decent hire because it's somewhere on my list, but I would reserve the term 'great hire' for someone who's in the top 5.
We'll soon find out if your list holds water.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Guy hasn't coached a game for N and people are already complaining.. 😑 he won't be any worse than what you've had the last 10 years trust me...
Fan based complained when Bob lost to K-St 10-0 in 1968, what happen 2 years later..
Fans complained numerous times in 76-80 and from 88-92 because we were spoiled Finally Osborne brought us to the promise land in 1993..

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I'm praying he doesn't sign.

Should have kept MJ for a 4 year contract..

Now it's going to be torn down and we will be in a worse position bc the guy doesn't really want to be here anyway.

This was a beyond dumb decision.
Where are you getting this from? How do you know he doesn't want to be here?

If we want to fire him in 4 years, some rich booster will write the check. It's meaningless to you and me.
Lol only idiots believe this, the athletic dept always pays this with future earnings....not a "rich booster"

ADVERTISEMENT