• 2017 – Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
  • 2016 – Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
  • 2015 – Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
  • 2014 – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
  • 2013 – Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
  • 2012 – Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
  • 2011 – Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
  • 2010 – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

Who's old enough to remember that it wasn't always just QB's who won? Anyone notice any "Prime" candidates missing? ;)
ironic that the guys who essentially beat out gabriel and howard, ran them off to other schools, aren't on the list. it brings the question would either be on the list had they stayed at their previous schools?

ironic that the guys who essentially beat out gabriel and howard, ran them off to other schools, aren't on the list. it brings the question would either be on the list had they stayed at their previous schools?
Howard at Kstate definitely wouldn’t. Gabriel at OU probably would not be either.

bolded part is doing a lot of work there.

Gabriel and Howard both took opportunities to play at schools with a better chance to play in a Championship than the teams they left. Huge promotion for Howard, decent promotion for Gabriel.

bolded part is doing a lot of work there.

Gabriel and Howard both took opportunities to play at schools with a better chance to play in a Championship than the teams they left. Huge promotion for Howard, decent promotion for Gabriel.
both left because they would have lost their starting jobs at ou and k-state. both ended up in great circumstances for furthering their careers. one of the four will not make the cfp, perhaps two.

both left because they would have lost their starting jobs at ou and k-state.
No they didn't, they voluntarily sat out of their bowl games then transferred because better programs wanted them.

That's like referring to an employee leaving for a promotion as being fired.

I'm sure it makes you feel better about the situation to imagine K-State isn't a stepping stone, but I'm going to trust the program that routinely has Heisman contending, 1st round QBs over the tallest midget in the Big 12.

No they didn't, they voluntarily sat out of their bowl games then transferred because better programs wanted them.

That's like referring to an employee leaving for a promotion as being fired.

I'm sure it makes you feel better about the situation to imagine K-State isn't a stepping stone, but I'm going to trust the program that routinely has Heisman contending, 1st round QBs over the tallest midget in the Big 12.
there isn't a program in the country, including N, that would not take avery johnson over will howard. stop with the narrative. it's silly and unflattering.

there isn't a program in the country, including N, that would not take avery johnson over will howard. stop with the narrative. it's silly and unflattering.
there isn't a coach in any Conference Championship game who even knows the name of your 4 star, built like a japanese schoolgirl QB.

the country isn't your small, midwestern bubble.

No shit. I never said otherwise.

You claim everyone would take Johnson over Howard. That is not true at all for anyone wanting to win this year.
you are saying k-state won't be winning this year. a four-year guy leaves because his alma mater won't be winning. good grief. let me give you this, k-state probably has as good a chance or better than ohio state at making the cfp.

you are saying k-state won't be winning this year. a four-year guy leaves because his alma mater won't be winning. good grief. let me give you this, k-state probably has as good a chance or better than ohio state at making the cfp.
yes, k-state has a good chance at being the tallest midget in the big 12.

they also have a good chance at getting prison-raped by the 3rd best SEC team, which howard experienced first-hand.

meanwhile, Ohio State will regularly be playing against future NFL players and have every NFL scout tuning in to watch him throw passes and maybe win another conference championship. fresh, new experience for him.

If he's that good, where do you predict Avery Johnson will be playing in 2025?
avery is purple to the bone. his parents moved to manhattan. he's making over a mill. he's playing for a great coach, ask amart. he'll be in manhattan next year. then on to the nfl, sans injuries.

Aww the lil fella still needs reassurance of relevancy. Can't imagine being this desperate and pathetic.
oh, i believe amart is fine. i've never understood why some here turned on him. he's a good dude. and obviously what was wrong with N back then was not him.

We all know you beg for attention. Little brother syndrome is real.
440px-Graham%27s_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
avery is purple to the bone. his parents moved to manhattan. he's making over a mill. he's playing for a great coach, ask amart. he'll be in manhattan next year. then on to the nfl, sans injuries.
here's what will happen.

your run of the mill 4* QB will show flashes of brilliance early. teams will figure him out, his completion % will hover around 55%, he'll injure himself by taking off running too often, then fulfill his destiny of playing for the Ottawa Rough Riders

here's what will happen.

your run of the mill 4* QB will show flashes of brilliance early. teams will figure him out, his completion % will hover around 55%, he'll injure himself by taking off running too often, then fulfill his destiny of playing for the Ottawa Rough Riders
it's easy to throw skank around before the fact, just as it is to project sunshine and rainbows. i sense avery johnson will have a fine year. whether he's mature enough now - after a year with will howard - to carry this team to a championship and cfp, as projected by many, will be played out this fall. all we can do is watch and, in my case, cheer. time will tell.

it's easy to throw skank around before the fact, just as it is to project sunshine and rainbows. i sense avery johnson will have a fine year. whether he's mature enough now - after a year with will howard - to carry this team to a championship and cfp, as projected by many, will be played out this fall. all we can do is watch and, in my case, cheer. time will tell.
i'm not doubting that K-State can win their G5 conference. I wouldn't doubt that Iowa or Northwestern could either.

I am seriously doubting that your new QB is anything more than your average 4* QB with a decent 40 time.

Reactions: Huskers123456
i'm not doubting that K-State can win their G5 conference. I wouldn't doubt that Iowa or Northwestern could either.

I am seriously doubting that your new QB is anything more than your average 4* QB with a decent 40 time.
iowa and northwestern would have zero chance to win the big 12.

iowa and northwestern would have zero chance to win the big 12.
sure they would. Northwestern beat the betting odds favorite to win the Big 12 just a few months ago and Iowa routinely beats their Big 12 little brother who is frequently in the Big 12 Championship convo and giving the titans of the conference fits.

here's what will happen.

He's in the wrong place for it but Avery Johnson will be the best QB in Big 12 this season. He will go to the NFL barring injuries. He is VERY talented. He plays for a damn good coach. I still don't like KSU and love DONU but I'm capable of being objective.

You don’t think it had to do with NIL???

He's in the wrong place for it but Avery Johnson will be the best QB in Big 12 this season. He will go to the NFL barring injuries. He is VERY talented. He plays for a damn good coach. I still don't like KSU and love DONU but I'm capable of being objective.
i don't think you are.

14/31 for 178 yards
15/28 for 189 yards

one of those stat lines is Chubba Purdy's latest performance, the other is dollar general Trevor Lawrence's only start.

care to guess which is which?

GTFO!!! 😂🤪😆🤣

sure they would. Northwestern beat the betting odds favorite to win the Big 12 just a few months ago and Iowa routinely beats their Big 12 little brother who is frequently in the Big 12 Championship convo and giving the titans of the conference fits.
that is absolutely a false narrative. iowa state has never won more than nine games. the one outstanding roster they had in '21 with brock purdy and breece hall laid the biggest egg since an ostrich found hers. just complete middling nonsense.

GPz3jRyXAAAd6-m

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT