ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coaching Odds

SuperBigFan

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 10, 2021
Next Official Hired Head Coach of Nebraska - Wagers made after public knowledge will be canceled - $100 Max Wager

Matt Campbell

+250

Luke Fickell

+280

Bill O'Brien

+300

Mickey Joseph

+350

Chris Klieman

+350

Brett Bielema

+400

Dan Mullen

+400

Jeff Lebby

+450

Jim Leonhard

+450

Jamey Chadwell

+550

Alex Golesh

+550

Mark Stoops

+600

Lance Leipold

+650

Urban Meyer

+700

Matt Rhule

+700

PJ Fleck

+700

Gary Patterson

+800

Dave Aranda

+900

Jeff Brohm

+900

Jeff Tedford

+900

Kyle Whittingham

+1000

Tosh Lupoi

+1000

Greg Schiano

+1300

Dave Doeren

+1500

Zach Kittley

+1500

Pat Fitzgerald

+2000

Mark Whipple

+2000

Chip Kelly

+2200

Jim Knowles

+2200

David Shaw

+2500

Chris Marve

+2500

Manny Diaz

+2500

Lane Kiffin

+3000

Ed Orgeron

+5000

Faux Pelini

+10000

Tom Osborne

+10000

Frank Solich

+10000

Next Official Hired Head Coach of Nebraska - Wagers made after public knowledge will be canceled - $100 Max Wager

Matt Campbell👎
Luke Fickell🤩👍
Bill O'Brien👎🤣👎
Mickey Joseph🤷
Chris Klieman👎
Brett Bielema🤬
Dan Mullen👎
Jeff Lebby👎
Jim Leonhard👎
Jamey Chadwell👍
Alex Golesh👎
Mark Stoops👎🤣👎
Lance Leipold👎
Urban Meyer🤩👍
Matt Rhule😶
PJ Fleck🤬
Gary Patterson🧓
Dave Aranda👍
Jeff Brohm😶
Jeff Tedford👎
Kyle Whittingham😶
Tosh Lupoi👎
Greg Schiano👎
Dave Doeren👍
Zach Kittley👎
Pat Fitzgerald👎
Mark Whipple🧓
Chip Kelly👎
Jim Knowles👎
David Shaw🧓🏿
Chris Marve👎
Manny Diaz👎
Lane Kiffin 😶
Ed Orgeron 😶‍🌫️
Faux Pelini 😹
Tom Osborne 🤣
Frank Solich 🤣🤣

Campbell's BIG 12 record:
44 wins, 34 losses and a winning percentage of 56.4% and no conference titles. YUK!
The love for him...all over the country, is really amazing.

I suppose you would have to dig deeper and see where his wins come from. OU, OSU and UT are the big schools in that conference, how he has done vs them?

Put a gun to my head and my pick would be Klienman instead of Campbell.

Campbell is just adequate in the Big 12..

I like both. I think they are both solid and would have us solid in no time. I do suspect there may be a little higher ceiling with Klienman too but could be wrong.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The love for him...all over the country, is really amazing.

I suppose you would have to dig deeper and see where his wins come from. OU, OSU and UT are the big schools in that conference, how he has done vs them?
Campbell stats broken down further:

Records vs:
B12 31-24
B10 1-5
ACC 0-2
PAC12 1-1
SEC 0-0
FCS 5-1
G5 7-0

Pretty mediocre.

Put a gun to my head and my pick would be Klienman instead of Campbell.

Campbell is just adequate in the Big 12..

Klieman is 13-14 in the Big 12
Campbell is 31-24 (if you throw out year one he is 29-17)

Klieman is 1-2 against ISU including a 45-0 loss

based on prior years records - Campbell took over a much worse team/program than Klieman

the question with both of those coaches is - should they be able to be more successful at nebraksa than at ISU or KSU?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: c3o and BleedRed78
My two favorites to be Nebraska's new head coach:
Leipold from Kansas, he has already started turning the Kansas program around they are 2.0 this year with wins over Tenn. Tech 56-10 and an OT win over West Virginia 55-42.

Sam Pittman HC of Arkansas and the former associate HC & OL coach from Georgia. His teams have beaten some solid SEC foes and have a record of 2-0 this year with recent wins over Cincinnati 31-24 and South Carolina 44-30 and last year his team beat Texas A&M 20-10, Penn. State (Outback Bowl) Jan. 1st. 24-10, Lost to Alabama 42-35. His team did have midseason hiccup's with losses to Auburn 38-23, OL Miss 52-51 and Georgia the National Champions 37-0. I would be happy with either of these two if we can't get Meyer.

Klieman is 13-14 in the Big 12
Campbell is 31-24 (if you throw out year one he is 29-17)

Klieman is 1-2 against ISU including a 45-0 loss

based on prior years records - Campbell took over a much worse team/program than Klieman

the question with both of those coaches is - should they be able to be more successful at nebraksa than at ISU or KSU?
Just think Klienman would be a better fit, not that he is one of the top 3 choices here..

Campbell's BIG 12 record:
44 wins, 34 losses and a winning percentage of 56.4% and no conference titles. YUK!
For coaches you don't like...you guys LOVE to include his first year or 2 when taking over a dumpster fire. To use that record against him. But that's very misleading...as you know.

For coaches you don't like...you guys LOVE to include his first year or 2 when taking over a dumpster fire. To use that record against him. But that's very misleading...as you know.
Nebraska fans deserve better than Campbell and deserve a coach who will turn the program around in his first year and Campbell is not the guy.

Nebraska fans deserve better than Campbell and deserve a coach who will turn the program around in his first year and Campbell is not the guy.
I don't think a current power 5 coach that is having the type of success that we want would consider leaving for Nebraska. -- if you are winning conf championships and highly nationally ranked at your current position you aren't leaving for nebraksa

that leaves some other options

1. Power 5 coach with moderate success that you believe is limited by his school rather than his coaching and you think he could jump to the next level at Nebraska -- Iowa State, KSU, NC St, Arkansas, Kansas -- MIGHT fit that bill (not sure)

2. G5 or lower div head coach
3. Coordinator/Assistant
4. former or current NFL guy

Reactions: c3o
I don't think a current power 5 coach that is having the type of success that we want would consider leaving for Nebraska. -- if you are winning conf championships and highly nationally ranked at your current position you aren't leaving for nebraksa

that leaves some other options

1. Power 5 coach with moderate success that you believe is limited by his school rather than his coaching and you think he could jump to the next level at Nebraska -- Iowa State, KSU, NC St, Arkansas, Kansas -- MIGHT fit that bill (not sure)

2. G5 or lower div head coach
3. Coordinator/Assistant
4. former or current NFL guy
You offer the right coach more money than he's currently making and offer him options and you can get the right coach. I'm a firm believer that Nebraska has everything in place a great coach would want. Now we have many fans who have football PTSD who don't see an end to our current slide but I'm not one of them.

Nebraska can become a power again, it will just happen when the right coach signs the contract. I have total faith that Alberts will find the fit for Nebraska because he realizes his job is also on the line. Nebraska must not fall for the same old HC retreads, we need new blood in our program, hire a coach who will not try and be friends with the players but who will demand excellence through really hard work and dedication.

Nebraska has a chance to make the school a lot of money so paying the right coach top money will not be a problem. Alberts knows Nebraska cannot wait and take chances on uncertain coaches who will not move the needle, you must hire a coach who will turn the program immediately. jmo

Reactions: scarletred
My two favorites to be Nebraska's new head coach:
Leipold from Kansas, he has already started turning the Kansas program around they are 2.0 this year with wins over Tenn. Tech 56-10 and an OT win over West Virginia 55-42.

Sam Pittman HC of Arkansas and the former associate HC & OL coach from Georgia. His teams have beaten some solid SEC foes and have a record of 2-0 this year with recent wins over Cincinnati 31-24 and South Carolina 44-30 and last year his team beat Texas A&M 20-10, Penn. State (Outback Bowl) Jan. 1st. 24-10, Lost to Alabama 42-35. His team did have midseason hiccup's with losses to Auburn 38-23, OL Miss 52-51 and Georgia the National Champions 37-0. I would be happy with either of these two if we can't get Meyer.
Pittman is an interesting candidate

Probably too much of a southerner to be interested in coaching at Nebraska.
He's coached all around the Mid-West and South. Pittman was born in Oklahoma and even coached there for former Sooner's HC Blake. I don't know if people really believe you can't get a coach to come to Nebraska because he's too much a Southerner. Pittman is one of the under the radar coaches I would love to see interviewed. One thing is for sure, Nebraska should never settle just because we don't think a certain coach may not want to coach in the Mid-West.

Arkansas is Pitman’s dream job. He isn’t leaving there.
I think he said this after Arkansas hired him to become the head coach, what do people expect him to say. Many first time head coaches say similar things that it's been their dream to be a head coach. Would he be interested in the Nebraska job? time will tell and he might not even get a call but I wish he would.

I think he said this after Arkansas hired him to become the head coach, what do people expect him to say. Many first time head coaches say similar things that it's been their dream to be a head coach. Would he be interested in the Nebraska job? time will tell and he might not even get a call but I wish he would.
Arkansas and Oaklahoma are very similar culturally. Arkansas can match anything we could offer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT