ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes with their hands full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foolish ISU fans and supporters, the team has you right where they want you. Perfect position to rip your heart out of your ass.

The Bullies of the B1G are 2 - 0, Iowa finds a star at QB.

Nathan Stanley sure didn’t look like a true sophomore making his first career road start.

Stanley showed tremendous poise and persistence to bring Iowa back from fourth-quarter deficits of 31-21 and 38-31.He ended up 27-for-41 for 333 yards and 5 touchdowns, including four touchdown drives of 89 yards, he proved clutch.

Nathan Stanley sure didn’t look like a true sophomore making his first career road start.

Stanley showed tremendous poise and persistence to bring Iowa back from fourth-quarter deficits of 31-21 and 38-31.He ended up 27-for-41 for 333 yards and 5 touchdowns, including four touchdown drives of 89 yards, he proved clutch.
Where were you all day yesterday? Admit it, if you don't eke it out in OT, we don't see you today, nor do we see you for quite a long time...

Bullies of the Big 10.....always good for a solid laugh. It took OT to beat Iowa freaking St. Probably not something to beat your chest about.

You barely beat a glorified high school team.

This reminds me of the thread last year after Iowa lost to North Dakota state and how badly we were going to destroy them the day after Thanksgiving
Do you have to do this? Really? When one of their trolls comes over to say how well they played, the last thing you or any other Husker fan should do is what you just did.

Do you have to do this? Really? When one of their trolls comes over to say how well they played, the last thing you or any other Husker fan should do is what you just did.

Wait ... I'm pretty sure I read all last week that it is about winning and not really about stats or how well you played

And I think the last thing a fan husker fan should do is be stupid enough to get into a pissing match with an obvious troll .... But from reading the posts from the trollees (you being chief among them) I figured it was open season on stupidity and thought I would join the party

Wait ... I'm pretty sure I read all last week that it is about winning and not really about stats or how well you played

And I think the last thing a fan husker fan should do is be stupid enough to get into a pissing match with an obvious troll .... But from reading the posts from the trollees (you being chief among them) I figured it was open season on stupidity and thought I would join the party
It was a joke. Sorry for not including the smiley face.

Typical of their schizophrenic fan base, last week they say io_a D could be one of io_a's best ever, this week they say io_a D may be one of the worst. One thing is for sure the B1G West is wide open. Wisconsin gets the slight edge, but the other teams look pretty even for one reason or another. Nebraska plays a solid OOC schedule and knows where they sit and where they need work. Io_a won't know anything for sure about their team until they play PSU, oh and Io_a sucks.

Reactions: StrongArm517
4d6127463a42fa6978efc7efe1f0851c9b32ed6eb40f98cbc852a5bbcb696baf.jpg

Bullies of the Big 10.....always good for a solid laugh. It took OT to beat Iowa freaking St. Probably not something to beat your chest about.
Rivalry game you can throw away the records when these 2 play it's all in and for bragging rights in the state. Would Iowa State beat Oregon who knows!

Reactions: Speedway1
Yes Iowa State is traditionally bad. No, I did not post yesterday because I went to the game and didn't have reception. Lames is an armpit. Their strength, WR, is our weakness as we have 2 new CB starters and a new safety. We will not play a team with the WR talent ISU has again this year including OSU. 2 maybe 3 NFL WR's both over 6-5 and fast. One is the career leader of the program. While it wasn't pretty it forced us to grow and now there is more tape for them to improve upon while still getting the W. Our true sophomore qb has 8 passing TD's and leads the b10, with the team that "can't throw the ball". It's a rivalry game and it's over for 1 more year. I didn't get to watch Neb. Yesterday as we were driving home but it sounds like you guys had a good 2nd half. Bummer you lost would have been another solid weekend for b10. As always BEAT WISCY and can't wait to see you around Turkey day.

Reactions: timnsun
Arbitr8 is a harmless troll, but that was a great game. Looks like the Hawks finally have an offense that doesn't lull people to sleep, and that Stanley kid was tough--5 tds in a first start on the road (even in Ames) is nothing to sneeze at. I'll admit that I was impressed by the way they fought back--I thought they were done after going down by 10 and again after the bomb to Butler.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I know you probably dont care about Iowa but if you watch one of our games check out Stanley's strength in the pocket. He has alot of room to grow but the thing I am most excited about is he does NOT go down easy and is willing to stand in there and take a shot to deliver the ball. 6-5 230ish.

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Arbitr8 is a harmless troll, but that was a great game. Looks like the Hawks finally have an offense that doesn't lull people to sleep, and that Stanley kid was tough--5 tds in a first start on the road (even in Ames) is nothing to sneeze at. I'll admit that I was impressed by the way they fought back--I thought they were done after going down by 10 and again after the bomb to Butler.

Being down by 10 to Iowa State is what makes me laugh. And Iowa State would have won, if Iowa State wasn't Iowa State. But you can always count on them wetting their pants when anything is on the line. Once again snatching defeat from the mouth of victory...Iowa State.

Reactions: Frozone

Being down by 10 to Iowa State is what makes me laugh. And Iowa State would have won, if Iowa State wasn't Iowa State. But you can always count on them wetting their pants when anything is on the line. Once again snatching defeat from the mouth of victory...Iowa State.

Lol, yep. Cyclones gonna Cyclone.

Yes Iowa State is traditionally bad. No, I did not post yesterday because I went to the game and didn't have reception. Lames is an armpit. Their strength, WR, is our weakness as we have 2 new CB starters and a new safety. We will not play a team with the WR talent ISU has again this year including OSU. 2 maybe 3 NFL WR's both over 6-5 and fast. One is the career leader of the program. While it wasn't pretty it forced us to grow and now there is more tape for them to improve upon while still getting the W. Our true sophomore qb has 8 passing TD's and leads the b10, with the team that "can't throw the ball". It's a rivalry game and it's over for 1 more year. I didn't get to watch Neb. Yesterday as we were driving home but it sounds like you guys had a good 2nd half. Bummer you lost would have been another solid weekend for b10. As always BEAT WISCY and can't wait to see you around Turkey day.

Good Lord, you people are delusional. Iowa State is always Iowa State. Their receivers may have been tall, but they aren't that speedy. You will see plenty of teams in the B1G with much better receiving corps, including the majority of the East, and us. By the time our game rolls around, you're not going to be able to keep up with Spielman or Lindsay. Or a healthy Pierson El for that matter.

Good Lord, you people are delusional. Iowa State is always Iowa State. Their receivers may have been tall, but they aren't that speedy. You will see plenty of teams in the B1G with much better receiving corps, including the majority of the East, and us. By the time our game rolls around, you're not going to be able to keep up with Spielman or Lindsay. Or a healthy Pierson El for that matter.
Broken record keeps skipping to the part about November. Iowa has already beat the best QB they will play all year, add to that they just faced the best receiving core they will face all year, any fan base would be pleased.

Last edited:
Did you do any research before saying that or are you just banking on Iowa State being Iowa State? FWIW if you did do research you used a poor source. Allen lazard is projected as the 3rd WR drafted by alot of scouts and Butler is better than him. I couldn't find a 40 foe butler but lazard ran a 4.48 with an average of 4.58 for 6-5 that's fast. Not trying to be a jerk but your WR will be infinitely easier to deal with than those 2 and their little quick twitch guy was a pain also. Time will tell.

Broken record keeps skipping to the part about November.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be a better team by November, but what you put on the field yesterday wasn't a good team. Iowa State had you beat soundly, and any other team but Iowa State finishes off that game. Iowa State may win 4 games this year if they're fortunate. But I know, you'll improve, as will we.

Did you do any research before saying that or are you just banking on Iowa State being Iowa State? FWIW if you did do research you used a poor source. Allen lazard is projected as the 3rd WR drafted by alot of scouts and Butler is better than him. I couldn't find a 40 foe butler but lazard ran a 4.48 with an average of 4.58 for 6-5 that's fast. Not trying to be a jerk but your WR will be infinitely easier to deal with than those 2 and their little quick twitch guy was a pain also. Time will tell.

He averaged a 4.58 (high of 4.68), which is slow for a WR, and if your guys had a problem with quick twitch guys, you'll have 3 of them to deal with against us. Your DBs won't be able to hang with them.

A 4.58 is slow for a WR, and if your guys had a problem with quick twitch guys, you'll have 3 of them to deal with against us. Your DBs won't be able to hang with them.
What you will have to deal with is a D-line that won't be giving your QB any time to throw it appears he has happy feet and is prone to throwing int's when pressured and yes Iowa will be throwing tremendous pressure on your QB all day long.

What you will have to deal with is a D-line that won't be giving your QB any time to throw it appears he has happy feet and is prone to throwing int's when pressured and yes Iowa will be throwing tremendous pressure on your QB all day long.

You mean how they weren't giving Iowa State's QB Mark time to throw, on their way to putting up 41 points? RollingLaugh Like I said, you people are delusional. Iowa State...let me say that again...Iowa State...put up 41 points on your defense. Get out of here with that garbage.

Iowa State is going to win...4 games this year? Yet...we are supposed to believe they are a juggernaut all of a sudden? Mkkkay. Iowa may very well beat Riley again. But, yesterday was anything but a good showing.

Not going to get in an argument with you, you are going to think what you want no matter how wrong you are. Again, rivalry game, best set of WR we will play against, going against a "weakness" due to inexperience. Not sure if you watched it but all they had was the long ball and now we have tape to learn from. They scored 41, at home, in an overtime game with a former 4 star QB who got kicked out of the SEC because he didn't go to class and 2 maybe 3 NFL receivers. I won't ask about the points you have let up home or away but think both fan bases would say "it's early."

Ok. Good news. We will get a chance to watch it. FWIW I think k your letting your name and pride blind you from the data and facts.

I just looked, and Lazard wasn't in the Top 10 WRs listed on CBS Sports, but I know he is good. But he's not fast. None of their receivers appeared to be blazing to me.

Iowa State is going to win...4 games this year? Yet...we are supposed to believe they are a juggernaut all of a sudden? Mkkkay. Iowa may very well beat Riley again. But, yesterday was anything but a good showing.

Lots of things to improve on from yesterday but a w is a w and as mentioned winning and losing is about a mentality. Yesterday the hawks showed they have what it takes to win and that has to count for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT