ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock Misty's on GameDay

Failure to innovate, you are correct. However the highest grossing steakhouse chain, TXRH, uses select meat. The dying breed, OB, uses choice. The majority of consumers literally don't know the difference. I actually believe the brands that sell top 2/3 choice are the best buys for resale. Waygu and Kobe don't out perform them in a mid range steakhouse. They only matter when the filet is $65 without a side.
Yes, I probably should have replied to a comment other than yours. I wasn't really speaking to what Misty's should or shouldn't do to succeed financially, but rather commenting on why many people here consider it to be an overrated restaurant.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Yes and it is embarrassing. Every once in a while I have friends out here in PA who tell me they will be going to Lincoln for this or that reason and they ask me for a great steak house recommendation. They assume Lincoln, being in Nebraska, must have some fantastic steak houses. They are surprised when I tell them their best bet is Texas Road House. 😂. It is sad.
But I bet Lincoln has top notch salad shooter places

Yes and it is embarrassing. Every once in a while I have friends out here in PA who tell me they will be going to Lincoln for this or that reason and they ask me for a great steak house recommendation. They assume Lincoln, being in Nebraska, must have some fantastic steak houses. They are surprised when I tell them their best bet is Texas Road House. 😂. It is sad.
We like to go to some of the bar and grills at the small towns in the area (Palmyra, Denton, Malcolm, Garland, Etc). Most of them have pretty decent steaks, a place in Garland has pretty good prime rib.

As far as Lincoln itself, tell your friends to go to Casa Bovina. Probably some of the best steak you will get in the region. Their steak flight is excellent, it includes piedmontese and wagyu cuts.

We like to go to some of the bar and grills at the small towns in the area (Palmyra, Denton, Malcolm, Garland, Etc). Most of them have pretty decent steaks, a place in Garland has pretty good prime rib.

As far as Lincoln itself, tell your friends to go to Casa Bovina. Probably some of the best steak you will get in the region. Their steak flight is excellent, it includes piedmontese and wagyu cuts.
The Denton Daily Double still there?

Thinking about trying Misty's around noon on the day of the Colorado game. I've never been there on GameDay. For those that have is it a long wait or a packed zoo? This is 6ish hours before kick
Go Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT