ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock Misty's on GameDay

Failure to innovate, you are correct. However the highest grossing steakhouse chain, TXRH, uses select meat. The dying breed, OB, uses choice. The majority of consumers literally don't know the difference. I actually believe the brands that sell top 2/3 choice are the best buys for resale. Waygu and Kobe don't out perform them in a mid range steakhouse. They only matter when the filet is $65 without a side.
Yes, I probably should have replied to a comment other than yours. I wasn't really speaking to what Misty's should or shouldn't do to succeed financially, but rather commenting on why many people here consider it to be an overrated restaurant.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Yes and it is embarrassing. Every once in a while I have friends out here in PA who tell me they will be going to Lincoln for this or that reason and they ask me for a great steak house recommendation. They assume Lincoln, being in Nebraska, must have some fantastic steak houses. They are surprised when I tell them their best bet is Texas Road House. 😂. It is sad.
But I bet Lincoln has top notch salad shooter places

Yes and it is embarrassing. Every once in a while I have friends out here in PA who tell me they will be going to Lincoln for this or that reason and they ask me for a great steak house recommendation. They assume Lincoln, being in Nebraska, must have some fantastic steak houses. They are surprised when I tell them their best bet is Texas Road House. 😂. It is sad.
We like to go to some of the bar and grills at the small towns in the area (Palmyra, Denton, Malcolm, Garland, Etc). Most of them have pretty decent steaks, a place in Garland has pretty good prime rib.

As far as Lincoln itself, tell your friends to go to Casa Bovina. Probably some of the best steak you will get in the region. Their steak flight is excellent, it includes piedmontese and wagyu cuts.

We like to go to some of the bar and grills at the small towns in the area (Palmyra, Denton, Malcolm, Garland, Etc). Most of them have pretty decent steaks, a place in Garland has pretty good prime rib.

As far as Lincoln itself, tell your friends to go to Casa Bovina. Probably some of the best steak you will get in the region. Their steak flight is excellent, it includes piedmontese and wagyu cuts.
The Denton Daily Double still there?

The Outback in Garland is still a good place to eat. Back in its heyday I'm told that their steaks stacked up well against anybody. Still have good steaks, prime rib on Fridays. The exterior hasn't been updated, but it's a destination for people who like a good small town steak house.

Lincoln does not have a really good local steak house. I miss The Steak House. Grandmother's was also pretty good.
You are correct here. There are decent ones. Lazzlos. Venue. But no old time traditional place other than Misty’s and I totally agree with everyone on how hit and miss it is. Quite truthfully Round the bend is a great value choice and only 20 minutes away from north Lincoln.

I am getting in on Friday for the CU game. Friends whom I staying at their house in SE Lincoln are out of town (both Huskers, but they don’t go to games). My friends that I am going to the game with like me are also from out-of-state. They are bringing their whole family, and I mean the whole damn family. They are all going to Lee’s for chicken on Friday night. Not sure I want to do the grandkids thing. I will see them all on Saturday. Is there any place NEW and fun with good food where I can eat on Friday night? The people whose house I am staying at say go to Lazlo's, but we always eat there or get Val's. Since I am going to be alone, I would like someplace where I can eat at the bar and interact with the crowd. I am a talker and not very shy. I will take Uber so it can be anywhere. Should I just go down to the Haymarket District? If so, where should I go?
Try fireworks or the venue if you are in Southeast Lincoln.

Came up from Texas for my nieces confirmation and hit up the downtown lazlo's and was incredibly disappointed, dirty environment, torn seats, crew was lackadaisical and then two of us got severe food poisoning which we believe was from the Fish/chips (it was cold and gross)...

not sure I could ever go back to Lazlo's, which is a shame because that used to be one of my old favorites
Surprising. I have found lazlos to be the most consistent down there.

You are correct here. There are decent ones. Lazzlos. Venue. But no old time traditional place other than Misty’s and I totally agree with everyone on how hit and miss it is. Quite truthfully Round the bend is a great value choice and only 20 minutes away from north Lincoln.
Round the Bend is a great place to eat and the owners value customer service.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't classify Lazzlos and Venue as steakhouses. They are great restaurants that serve pretty good steaks. I made a rule years ago that I will only order steak at a steak house. And Lincoln just doesn't have one.

Side note: Recently ate at Gorat's in Omaha. Disappointing.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't classify Lazzlos and Venue as steakhouses. They are great restaurants that serve pretty good steaks. I made a rule years ago that I will only order steak at a steak house. And Lincoln just doesn't have one.

I can’t really disagree on the term of steakhouse. It’s just that we have limited options in Lincoln so we have to include the lazzlo types.

Reactions: Dean Pope

Round the bend doesn’t seem like it is a steak house compared to the Drover, Gorat’s or Farmer browns.

Round the bend doesn’t seem like it is a steak house compared to the Drover, Gorat’s or Farmer browns.
It is literally called Round the Bend Steak house. It doesn't look necessarily like a steak house since it was built to host large events.

Drove by Misty's (havelock) at 11:30ish yesterday and almost stopped because there were very few cars there. But didn't feel like we had that much time before getting to the stadium.

Grabbed food at Virginia's Cafe instead. Man you sure get your money's worth there and service was great

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT