ADVERTISEMENT

Hafiz to Indiana

Now that is a kid that really did not want to go to Nebraska if that is his choice. No fan base, new coach, no weather difference that is significant wow, we are either really having problems everyone knows but us and / or this kid had no interest. Iowa State to Ind. We cannot land a three star that has those choices time for some more information on whats up.
You might want to read up on this kid and why he no longer had a Nebraska offer.

I knew there'd be somebody on here who doesn't know what's going on and was so eager and ready to declare that we lost a player to Indiana in a recruiting battle. Hard to lose a player in a recruiting battle when he doesn't have an offer from us anymore.

I knew there'd be somebody on here who doesn't know what's going on and was so eager and ready to declare that we lost a player to Indiana in a recruiting battle. Hard to lose a player in a recruiting battle when he doesn't have an offer from us anymore.
Hey sorry but look at the presentation said he went to Ind not that he went to Ind information only as he did not have an offer from NU anymore. Thanks for clearing it up. I am one of the members that did not see he lost his offer. Sorry if i am alone in that. Guess the post was designed to let out information that was not important then?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Weird just looked still on the offer list. I appreciate the update Pennsyhusker. I always appreciate your clarification and professionalism. Somebody needs to get him off the main site offer list I guess?

Hey sorry but look at the presentation said he went to Ind not that he went to Ind information only as he did not have an offer from NU anymore. Thanks for clearing it up. I am one of the members that did not see he lost his offer. Sorry if i am alone in that. Guess the post was designed to let out information that was not important then?
It's helpful to know why he lost his offer too. It's been talked about on here the past couple of days. The fact the first response to him committing to Indiana was "whew" should tell you there's a reason why we were happy he wasn't coming here.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It's helpful to know why he lost his offer too. It's been talked about on here the past couple of days. The fact the first response to him committing to Indiana was "whew" should tell you there's a reason why we were happy he wasn't coming here.
Thanks I guess I thought the Whew was we did not even land this kid but makes more sense that it was we dodged a bullet. I do not need to go back and find out what is up with him as I do not care. Good luck to him and Indiana sounds like as stated desperate team and player marriage.

You didnt want him? Why? Why would the coaches then?
Edit this kid was bad news off the field. I assumed he was clean when i read his name today. The story said he was picking between us isu and indiana. Obviously that was wrong.

But the fact that it was here also led me to believe he still had an offer and the kid whose offer was pulled wasnt him. I too read something today in the paper that had him choosing between us and two schools. I knew a kid had his offer pulled for the minny thing but i never cared o pay attention to his name that closely, so i didnt initially know this was him.

Just so you know... the young man was present during an alleged gang rape sexual assault during a recruiting visit to Minnesota in September. The alleged assault involved football players.

Actually, that is not true. The reality is still disturbing. He and his "host" had a consensual threesome with the woman in question. Almost sounds legitimate after what happened next. :-( The Minnesota player filmed part of it and then called his posse (sorry LeBron). When the woman found out he was in high school she asked him if he was going to go Minnesota. He responded no this place is too f--ked up. The recruit split before everyone else showed up.

If you look on the Indiana board you will see that people are concerned.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Is the feeling Indiana's staff has no idea what happened? I can't believe any school, let alone a B1G member, sent this kid a LOI to sign.

Check out the Minnesota assault thread, you'll understand why we pulled his offer.
What I was thinking was the Indiana staff is in flux and hadn't yet pulled his offer either.

Reactions: GBRhuskers
They also have Juan Harris who was a decommit for Iowa 3 times and then did the same thing to Indiana just to commit back to them. They are very desperate over there for talent.

So do you think any recruits have gotten laid on their OVs to NU.

Hafiz really has to be hating the fact that he visited MN. Host takes him to a party, girl sits next to him on the couch and they start flirting with each other. They go have their fun. When she finds out he's a recruit and not a team member, she asks him if he's going to go to MN and he says no, this school is messed up and leaves. Gets all his offers (except IU) jerked cause the host calls most of the freshmen on the team over to pull a train on the girl after Hafiz is gone. I didn't read all of the school investigation (only to page 26), but it doesn't seem to me that what Hafiz did was all that bad. It did turn into a very ugly, disgusting situation, but from what I read he was long gone before that happened and he had nothing to do with it.

Maybe I'm misinformed, and reading the rest of the report would change my opinion on Hafiz's involvement. But the local PD didn't press any charges based on the film, which was taken while he was there.

The "host" "chaperoned" their "date"

She said they went up to the hosts room to see the different floor plan of another apartment in the building. The host said they were talking about a 3some and went to his apartment. Would guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I remember reading a comment, I believe from the PD, that it looked like a consensual encounter from the video that was taken.

She said they went up to the hosts room to see the different floor plan of another apartment in the building. The host said they were talking about a 3some and went to his apartment. Would guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I remember reading a comment, I believe from the PD, that it looked like a consensual encounter from the video that was taken.
Yep. Of the whole group he was the only one who can try to make a claim that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not a very effective argument.

But Minnesota has about 9 players are in a much worse predicament. And their coaches created an environment where this could occur. And then bring a recruit into it. Top it off with a coach who says he backs his players.

This will play out very badly for Minnesota.

Last edited:
Yep. Of the whole group he was the only won who can try to make a claim that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not a very effective argument.

But Minnesota has about 9 players are in a much worse predicament. And their coaches created an environment where this could occur. And then bring a recruit into it. Top it off with a coach who says he backs his players.

This will play out very badly for Minnesota.

I think to a large extent he was. He didn't choose his host. Guess he could have sat in his hotel or dorm room by himself, but what 18 year old is going to do that on his visit. It will play out badly for MN, and it should. But Hafiz wasn't even there when the s&*t hit the fan.

Can't even believe Indiana took him.
That's the weird thing. Are they even sure that he will avoid prison? Let alone taking him as a student you want to give a free ride to so that he can be a part of campus life at IU.

That's the weird thing. Are they even sure that he will avoid prison? Let alone taking him as a student you want to give a free ride to so that he can be a part of campus life at IU.

I am pretty sure that consensual sex is not a criminal offense in Minnesota.

I was disappointed NU withdrew the offer. The guy wasn't charged. Until NU locks up a bunch of 4 and 5 stars in the summer, beggars can't be choosers. Osborne would have taken Hafiz in a heartbeat.

Osborne would have taken Hafiz in a heartbeat.

I disagree, not in this day and age. Brenda Tracey was just on campus, he was present in reports, other schools pulled their offers, one is just asking for trouble if something would happen while at Nebraska. I can only imagine coach Riley received enough [pertinent] information to pull his offer and move on. Hafiz was begging to commit to Nebraska, took his extreme interest to social media then all of a sudden, everything turned cold in a matter of 36 hours.

His film had me interested, but the Minnesota "situation" pushed that interest in to the garbage.

I am pretty sure that consensual sex is not a criminal offense in Minnesota.
Well, that's true. Could be totally unrelated, but true.

I guess Indiana is OK with bringing him and then they can just hope he's not convicted?

I disagree, not in this day and age. Brenda Tracey was just on campus, he was present in reports, other schools pulled their offers, one is just asking for trouble if something would happen while at Nebraska. I can only imagine coach Riley received enough [pertinent] information to pull his offer and move on. Hafiz was begging to commit to Nebraska, took his extreme interest to social media then all of a sudden, everything turned cold in a matter of 36 hours.

His film had me interested, but the Minnesota "situation" pushed that interest in to the garbage.

Yup.

I suppose if he comes out in the clear ultimately, and there is no stink to him when this is all figured out, we could again offer late and get him to switch. He was pretty desparate to be a Husker. I don't think Riley wants to take chance on him as a first choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT