ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg

I heard on big red overreaction that the last two years frost and super mario / whipple never worked with hh

What was the combo of Scott Frost and Verduzco going to teach HH? Have you ever seen Scott Frost throw a football?

At some point if you are a serious athlete and you are serious about getting better at your position, you put the onus on yourself to improve and fix your deficiencies. Haarberg throwing the ball like that is something that is not going to be "fixed." It's not something you can fix at this stage of your career. Most likely that is the reason Whipple did not even bother with HH. He should be a TE but Satterberg and Rhule are handicapped at the moment. Props to HH though he pumped out two wins for us when we needed it.

Reactions: huskercabby
Obviously Michigan is more talented at every position, but I thought Haarberg has been okay considering what he has to work with. He's made a handful of good throws and obviously he's always a threat to break a big run.

I think we could win some games with him going forward.

What do you all think?
What about Malachi Coleman, I thought he was big time ?

Stabilized? 2nd play was an INT. And we are immediately down 14-0

What Hunter brings is easily defensible and UM played with our offense.

At the very least Sims can run the offense at a much faster pace.
Sims definitely can run the offense at a much faster pace. I have no doubt he would have gone ahead and turned the ball over on his first touch....then found a way to do it on his second posssesion.

Sims definitely can run the offense at a much faster pace. I have no doubt he would have gone ahead and turned the ball over on his first touch....then found a way to do it on his second posssesion.

Haarberg isn't going to win games.

Sims can, in this pathetic division of P5 football we are in.

He is simply the better athlete, and a better passer as sad as that sounds.

I need to give him a second or 3rd or even 19th chance over that nothing offense we saw today that will be the same in B10 play if we keep moving along with this shitshow.

The 3/4 release motion is going to have DL jumping and waving arms all year. It's not the biggest issue facing the team right now, obviously, but he should work on it.
Thats why Ive been saying his release point changes from throw to throw. Sometimes that sidearm is necessary, but he needs to get his throwing arm positioned for a higher release. At 6'5" he should only occassionally have passes batted down or tipped,

It can be improved over time, but as they practice they need someone in front of him with a tennis racket to force HH to keep the release point higher every throw.

I need to give him a second or 3rd or even 19th chance over that nothing offense we saw today that will be the same in B10 play if we keep moving along with this shitshow.
More like stonetempledumbf*ck

I guess I didn’t see a lot of plays that I could definitely say that sims would have done better. HH made passes against the #2 in the country that Sims wasn’t making against MN and CO. Baffling to me to act like the offense functions better with Sims.

Some short memories on this board.

Design or execution? I heard him say that Haarberg shouldn't have jumped.
Both ,he said he didn’t like the.call . He said Haarberg panicked a little and jumped that completely screwed the play because he didn’t have any way of going a different direction.

Reactions: JOHNNY N

So you would rather watch Sims blow a scoring opportunity by throwing a bad pass to a receiver covered by 2-3 defenders that results in an interception than throw to a wide-open TE standing all alone at the goal line. Turnovers are so exciting. Michigan is so much better than the Huskers. it was not Haarberg's play that lost the game.

HH is plenty fine as our starter next year... If we magically overnight had Meatchickens oline.

Let's face it - even Caleb Williams would be looking pedestrian behind this line. Unfortunately, line takes a couple/few years to build. And it all starts and ends with the line.

The portal seems like it has more limited options for linemen than skill positions. So it'll be a couple years at minimum before we see if Rhule can get a decent line.

Here's to the Rhule year 3 🍻
All around the country, I hear teams picking up OL from the portal and plugging them in and doing just fine. I was watching the Kentucky game and their portal lineman was one of their best players. It's just cop out excuse after cop out excuse with this program and I'm sick of it.

Reactions: K_Y_E
Sims is undoubtedly our best option going forward if we want to win games.

Our D got exposed today in the run game against a legit opponent, and we'll need to score points.

Yes, the rest of the West has problems at QB as well. Let's get Sims able and ready to catch a shotgun snap without almost fumbling and move on.

@Illinois. We can still win the shittastic West.

Lots of athletic ability and throws a good ball but too many poor decisions and that is not something you can change with coaching In 1 year.

All around the country, I hear teams picking up OL from the portal and plugging them in and doing just fine. I was watching the Kentucky game and their portal lineman was one of their best players. It's just cop out excuse after cop out excuse with this program and I'm sick of it.
Scott is our best O lineman IMO. . Rouse would have helped immensely but we still would have gotten rolled by Michigan. Our defense couldn’t stop them. Losing Reimer and Singleton hurt.

Very few. That needs to be addressed. TO scored 4-5 difference makers per year. Rhule needs to ensure, at worst, he’s using the same formula.
Some of Rhule’s last minute freshman class are already playing and look pretty good. Guys that were languishing down the depth chart are making plays on defense. I think they’ll develop guys into solid players but that game against Michigan exposed how far we need to go in the trenches. That is where we have to get a lot better.

Or the lack of real NIL deals. Because that's what happened.
We may have a fair amount of NIL money but it hasn’t been used in the same manner it seems as some other schools. It appears that schools like OU spill the piggy bank for starting left tackles and we’re not able to match it.

We may have a fair amount of NIL money but it hasn’t been used in the same manner it seems as some other schools. It appears that schools like OU spill the piggy bank for starting left tackles and we’re not able to match it.
That's my point. That doesn't have much to do with the position coach.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I like HH and considering where the team is at I'm ok with him going forward... no he's not the future but he can at least get the team to rally around him and give NU that spark the team needs to finish strong, be respectable and make a Bowl Game! and perhaps that spark is what the entire team needs rally behind in order to Grow!

I'm more concerned on if Satterfield is who should be coaching QB's... DK (Elite 11 finalist) is coming on next year and NU will most likely bring in a portal QB again to fill the gap... IMHO, NU NEEDS a true QB coach... not sure how that gets rearranged and what has to be given up to make that happen but that position needs a 100% focus given to it!

Reactions: BleedRed78
Have you seen the qb situation? That's how he's not involved. He's been in, he's run routes, he's been open. HH hasn't thrown him the ball.
Mainstream Johnny pushing those talking points again

There is no reason we can’t draw up a screen for him. There is no reason we can’t draw up a handoff to him. Unless he’s been shit in practice (overrated) and his performance isn’t warranting it.

Can you post a single image of him being open and not being thrown to?

Want to make sure you’re not passing along fake news as you and your media virus ilk are so quick to do in defense of the administration. Thanks in advance, Mainstream Johnny.

Mainstream Johnny pushing those talking points again

There is no reason we can’t draw up a screen for him. There is no reason we can’t draw up a handoff to him. Unless he’s been shit in practice (overrated) and his performance isn’t warranting it.

Can you post a single image of him being open and not being thrown to?

Want to make sure you’re not passing along fake news as you and your media virus ilk are so quick to do in defense of the administration. Thanks in advance.
Oh look, it's the dead horse beater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT