ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg

maly

Graduate Assistant
Dec 10, 2003
Obviously Michigan is more talented at every position, but I thought Haarberg has been okay considering what he has to work with. He's made a handful of good throws and obviously he's always a threat to break a big run.

I think we could win some games with him going forward.

What do you all think?

Was gonna post the same thing. I’m more in on HH after today than after his first 2 games. If we stick with him, I think he can be great. Other than the tipped passes, his reads seem to be good, throws a decent ball, he’s tough (and has to be considering this offensive line), and we will need his feet to succeed. I’m in. I’m on board. Let’s get back to work.

Sims is undoubtedly our best option going forward if we want to win games.

Our D got exposed today in the run game against a legit opponent, and we'll need to score points.

Yes, the rest of the West has problems at QB as well. Let's get Sims able and ready to catch a shotgun snap without almost fumbling and move on.

@Illinois. We can still win the shittastic West.

Our D got exposed today in the run game against a legit opponent, and we'll need to score points.

Yes, the rest of the West has problems at QB as well. Let's get Sims able and ready to catch a shotgun snap without almost fumbling and move on.

You must’ve been in a coma for the first 2 games if you think the human turnover is our best option to win games at the QB position.

Sims would have gotten thrashed today too, and we'd be just as one dimensional. HH makes fewer mistakes, and I think he's at least capable of making improvements in the passing game. Sims is what he is.

Sims would have gotten thrashed today too, and we'd be just as one dimensional. HH makes fewer mistakes, and I think he's at least capable of making improvements in the passing game. Sims is what he is.

I get the whole HH makes fewer mistakes thing, but he also isn't going to make plays to win games in the B10.

Sims has the playmaking ability and arm HH doesn't have. You have to roll with the more talented player.

I have no passion to sit back and run an Iowa offense.

I get the whole HH makes fewer mistakes thing, but he also isn't going to make plays to win games in the B10.

Sims has the playmaking ability and arm HH doesn't have. You have to roll with the more talented player.

I have no passion to sit back and run an Iowa offense.
HH is 2-1
Sims is 0-2

We can make a bowl game this year with HH.

With Sims, that becomes a real question mark.. and he destabilizes the offense and the guys around him.

Things have stabilized under HH, even in this game. I think that's important for the team going forward.

So you've been drinking a bunch of bud lights today ehh?

Rhule said on the 4th and 1 sneak by HH we didn’t get, that they wanted to put the ball in their best players hands on that play. HH is clearly the dude
Right call but wrong formation.

HH has the talent to be successful, with a higher arm angle release. The last staff did him no favors and this staff is at least trying to better him.

The lines have to be better for this team to be better. Six wins will be possible but the best team we have seen, Michigan, showed themselves to be clearly better on both sides of the ball. Til the lines get better, no QB will be enough

HH is 2-1
Sims is 0-2

We can make a bowl game this year with HH.

With Sims, that becomes a real question mark.. and he destabilizes the offense and the guys around him.

Things have stabilized under HH, even in this game. I think that's important for the team going forward.

Stabilized? 2nd play was an INT. And we are immediately down 14-0

What Hunter brings is easily defensible and UM played with our offense.

At the very least Sims can run the offense at a much faster pace.

Stabilized? 2nd play was an INT. And we are immediately down 14-0

What Hunter brings is easily defensible and UM played with our offense.

At the very least Sims can run the offense at a much faster pace.
Sims is not an instinctive runner, and when he does, he shows tendencies of carelessness when running. He wouldn't have drank a drop against Michigan today.

Don't care about comparing the two. Keep HH in there this year to try and develop him into a competent back up. Nebraska really needs to get a legit qb though to take a step forward.
It doesn't matter, next years QB is not on the roster and next years backup Qb is not on the roster unless Sims and HH want to stay.

There is only one reason why anyone would think HH is better than Sims.
Because HH is better. That’s the one reason. Seems like a pretty dam good and obvious reason.

Jeff has a history of losing. Not just at NU, but @ Tech. At some point you have to stop making excuses for that and take notice of that.

The best thing for Jeff right now is to RS him. He’s got a RS to give. He’s never had a real season to just learn. He’s either been hurt or on the field. What Jeff lacks is a basic understanding and vision of the game. He’s got all the athleticism in the world. But his leadership and ability to move the ball have yet to be seen.

Jeff played bad against Minnesota and Colorado defenses that aren’t very good. He turned the ball over against those poor defenses. What do you think he’d have done against an excellent Michigan defense?

I
Obviously Michigan is more talented at every position, but I thought Haarberg has been okay considering what he has to work with. He's made a handful of good throws and obviously he's always a threat to break a big run.

What do you all think?
I think you're more optimistic than 90% of the fan base, but keep the faith.

The 3/4 release motion is going to have DL jumping and waving arms all year. It's not the biggest issue facing the team right now, obviously, but he should work on it.
He (and the quarterbacks coach) should have worked on it in the spring and in fall camp.

Reactions: regionsdoc

What do you all think?
He’s got to fix that side arm throw motion. The guy is 6-5. Use it to his advantage.

Let's be honest. Haarberg is not the guy that's going to resurrect this program.

We need to open up the checkbook and make a huge offer to the best throwing QB that hits the portal this offseason. Then we need to open the checkbook and hire a proven offensive line coach. If we can afford $450 million in stadium renovations, we can afford to buy some better players and coaches.

Because HH is better. That’s the one reason. Seems like a pretty dam good and obvious reason.

Jeff has a history of losing. Not just at NU, but @ Tech. At some point you have to stop making excuses for that and take notice of that.

The best thing for Jeff right now is to RS him. He’s got a RS to give. He’s never had a real season to just learn. He’s either been hurt or on the field. What Jeff lacks is a basic understanding and vision of the game. He’s got all the athleticism in the world. But his leadership and ability to move the ball have yet to be seen.

Jeff played bad against Minnesota and Colorado defenses that aren’t very good. He turned the ball over against those poor defenses. What do you think he’d have done against an excellent Michigan defense?
HH played against one real team so far and was horrible. Pick, fumbled snaps, 3-4 balls batted down.

Nothing was positive at all.

If HH was from...Bend, Oregon, well, it would be very different.

HH played against one real team so far and was horrible. Pick, fumbled snaps, 3-4 balls batted down.

Nothing was positive at all.

If HH was from...Bend, Oregon, well, it would be very different.
Why are you so butt hurt from HH? Sims has 1 passing TD and 4 picks vs HH who has 4 Passing and 1 pick. Sims passing TD was a fluke and HH’s pick was a fluke. It’s that simple man. It’s that simple. People don’t want to see Sims at QB anymore. He sucked during his time. He sucked. Get over it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT