ADVERTISEMENT

Haarberg

Beat it, just beat.
Funny thing about horse beating is my initial response to you repeating your fake news Mainstream talking points in this thread wasn’t even to my post.

It was someone else wondering why our highest rated WR recruit in years hasnt touched the ball.

People are puzzled, Mainstream, even if it’s a non-story on the Johnny News Network.

That's my point. That doesn't have much to do with the position coach.
O Miller, who bailed, just had 200 yards receiving on Saturday

Meanwhile our highly rated 4* WR is stock blocking and has zero targets in 5 games

You’re right, Mainstream. Nothing to do with the WR coach. Not sure why we even employ one.

Nothing to see here, move along people.

Funny thing about horse beating is my initial response to you repeating your fake news Mainstream talking points in this thread wasn’t even to my post.

It was someone else wondering why our highest rated WR recruit in years hasnt touched the ball.

People are puzzled, Mainstream, even if it’s a non-story on the Johnny News Network.
Didn't read, just beat it.

Obviously Michigan is more talented at every position, but I thought Haarberg has been okay considering what he has to work with. He's made a handful of good throws and obviously he's always a threat to break a big run.

I think we could win some games with him going forward.

What do you all think?
I feel he’s getting better with each game. JMO By the end of the year, (if we continue with Haarberg) he will be a better player than when he took the field on 9/16…

Yes it’s very easy to write Haarberg is 2-1. Because that’s the fact and it’s fun to write. I mean it doesn’t have to be complicated man.

Folks act like Minnesota and Colorado are some dominant defense. They aren’t. Not even close. Minnesota was losing to the Ragin Cajuns at home today at half and gave up 30+ to NW last week. And everyone scores against Colorado defense. They’ve given up 40+ to everyone except us.

“Even if I win what does that show?” It shows you won. That’s what’s important. I mean come on man. Really, I don’t want to go where your forcing me to go here. But that’s a real dumb question.

And to go “well the coaches thought Sims was better in practice”… Do I really need to quote A.I. here? Lots of dudes go yellow when the lights go on.

These questions that your asking, really make me believe that you’ve never played sports in your life. Cause if you had you’d probably have been around guys that were just winners and been around guys that looked fantastic in practice but when the big lights came on, they just went yellow. Confidence is everything my friend. And QBs that don’t turn the ball over generally win more than ones that turn the ball over a lot.
But you are making the assumption that Sims would have not beaten the two weaker programs in Northern Illinois and La Tech and that Haarberg would have beaten Colorado and Minnesota on the road.

There are plenty of examples of backup QBs winning games against weaker competition that provides fuel to the fire that they are better than the starter. No one is saying the Minnesota or Colorado defenses are anything special, but they have more talent than the defenses at Northern Ill and La Tech.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Why would you? Dissenting opinions are bad for the propaganda business.

Keep up the great work, Mainstream Johnny. We all believe every post.
Don't need to read your posts. They're all the same, just you beating a dead horse.

Sims started off here exactly like he's played his whole career.

A QB whose career record is 8-18 while tossing 31 TD's against 27 INT's and 10 lost fumbles.

He should not have been brought here as the QB to begin the rebuild.

I don't think HH is Joe Montana, but he's got room to improve. If Sims was improved (4th season starting), we'd have been 1-1 or 2-0 after week 2.

Sims started off here exactly like he's played his whole career.

A QB whose career record is 8-18 while tossing 31 TD's against 27 INT's and 10 lost fumbles.

He should not have been brought here as the QB to begin the rebuild.

I remember looking at his stats (turnovers to TD's) and W-L record and posting it pre season and I honestly don't rhink most fans realized how bad they were...which is fine...but how did the coaches miss it? Who, on this staff, said to themselves..."That's our guy right there"???

Reactions: king_kong_
Beat it, just beat.
michael jackson GIF

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N
I like HH and considering where the team is at I'm ok with him going forward... no he's not the future but he can at least get the team to rally around him and give NU that spark the team needs to finish strong, be respectable and make a Bowl Game! and perhaps that spark is what the entire team needs rally behind in order to Grow!

I'm more concerned on if Satterfield is who should be coaching QB's... DK (Elite 11 finalist) is coming on next year and NU will most likely bring in a portal QB again to fill the gap... IMHO, NU NEEDS a true QB coach... not sure how that gets rearranged and what has to be given up to make that happen but that position needs a 100% focus given to it!
Agreed. If there's one position coach a team should have, it should be that. And not a Harry Potter's grandpa either.

He's a serviceable quarterback and really needs a solid offensive line to thrive. He will look good against lower level talent and be very limited against high level talent.

He has near zero wiggle, which really limits his ability to improvise, but will run well if there is a seam... hints the need for an offensive line.

He seems to understand his throwing mechanics will limit him and create more pass deflections, but will need to continue to improve in finding the throwing lanes.

Unfortunately this teams best receiving threat will be slants and shallow posts, which with his mechanics will put the ball close to the lines helmets.

The above is why I felt having a healthy Sims playing against Northern Illinois and LA Tech was important. He is by far the more talented overall and allows for a more dynamic scheme. He really needed those games to build some confidence. But now we need to stick with HH and build a game plan around him.

Haarberg isn't going to win games.

Sims can, in this pathetic division of P5 football we are in.

He is simply the better athlete, and a better passer as sad as that sounds.

I need to give him a second or 3rd or even 19th chance over that nothing offense we saw today that will be the same in B10 play if we keep moving along with this shitshow.
As opposed to turning the ball over 4 times a game? If our choice is between being 1 dimensional or 4 turnovers a game, I would take my chances on being 1 dimensional.

I think that one just needs to get under center. Not sure we get it but hate sneaks from the shotgun or pistol.
Every time I see a QB sneak from the shotgun I want to vomit. Just go under center and whoever is stronger between the Center/Guards/QB and DL wins. If you don't think you can win that battle call another play.

Haarberg isn't going to win games.

Sims can, in this pathetic division of P5 football we are in.

He is simply the better athlete, and a better passer as sad as that sounds.

I need to give him a second or 3rd or even 19th chance over that nothing offense we saw today that will be the same in B10 play if we keep moving along with this shitshow.
Haarberg is as fast or faster than Sims. Throwing the ball Sims might have a little more distance but he's wildly off target and easy to read. Haarberg does better throwing the midrange passes, which Sims throws into the ground. I don't know what Sims does better in anyone's opinion. If turnovers are a positive than we'll go with that.

As opposed to turning the ball over 4 times a game? If our choice is between being 1 dimensional or 4 turnovers a game, I would take my chances on being 1 dimensional.
I actually think Haarburg threw it better this past week as well. The drops from the WR's are becoming ridiculous at this point, and M. Washington might have hands made of diamond. No other surface could be that hard.

Scott is our best O lineman IMO. . Rouse would have helped immensely but we still would have gotten rolled by Michigan. Our defense couldn’t stop them. Losing Reimer and Singleton hurt.
Do you know what Reimer and Singleton's injuries are and how long they will be out?

Update: I found a report on both of them. Rhule doesn't think Singleton's knee will require surgery so he could be back. Reimer was all set to return on Saturday, but at breakfast the doctors sent him to the hospital. It is a non-football injury. Some type of infection is what I am guessing.

Last edited:
Do you know what Reimer and Singleton's injuries are and how long they will be out?

Update: I found a report on both of them. Rhule doesn't think Singleton's knee will require surgery so he could be back. Reimer was all set to return on Saturday, but at breakfast the doctors sent him to the hospital. It is a non-football injury. Some type of infection is what I am guessing.
I'm curious of what Reimer has? Is it a staph infection of some sort. Seems very weird.

Obviously Michigan is more talented at every position, but I thought Haarberg has been okay considering what he has to work with. He's made a handful of good throws and obviously he's always a threat to break a big run.

I think we could win some games with him going forward.

What do you all think?
Gonna be tough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT