ADVERTISEMENT

Graduation will be a good thing for this program

uberism1111

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 28, 2019
Man these linebackers have to be the worst in the Big Ten and not close. I don't want to fire coaches left and right since that hasn't gotten us anywhere over the last 20 years, but if things doing get better on that side of the ball in a couple of years it will be time to pull the plug for a new DC.

We have a DL that can't get sacks. They are fat, slow, and not athletic at all. Then we have linebackers that suck at run fits, they are slow and can't cover and their run blitzing skills are terrible.

The offense will be humming at an elite level a lot sooner than our defense will.

We know why Noah was a grad transfer. Not good. The Davis twins are fat and slow and are not good. We know why Daniels grad transferred - average player. Lamar Jackson is a lot better than he used to be at least.

Besides Lamar Jackson, at times, we will not miss a single one of these seniors. Players that never got developed early in their career and now they are killing the chance to get to a bowl game. It might be time to put Henrich and Ty Robinson out there and let them get ready for next season.

These seniors are bad. Bad football players.

Frost will get us back, but it might be time to pull the plug on who some of these starters are.

If it will help him get grad-transfer eligible, I'll take a couple exams for Farniok.

Reactions: SkerInCo
If it will help him get grad-transfer eligible, I'll take a couple exams for Farniok.

Matt Farniok hustled his ass off on the fumble returned to the Nebraska 5. And we did out yardage IU until their last drive. Nobody has beaten out #71.

Yes, if the players who step in for those that graduate are better.

Many of you are just assuming that we just need to get rid of a lot of the current starters and things will be solved purely based on them leaving.

They need to be replaced by better players or the shit show will continue.

Also doesn't help that we have some coaches that if fired today would struggle to land division II jobs.

The Davis twins are classic 4-3 defensive tackles. They are playing out of position in this scheme. We should not be playing a 3-4 with our personnel. We don’t have DE or LB for it.

Reactions: Thor4NU and Catch50
Many of you are just assuming that we just need to get rid of a lot of the current starters and things will be solved purely based on them leaving.
No, not really. I have no Earthly idea whether the players coming up will perform better than the current starters. I'm just hoping so, because what else can you do?

The Davis twins are classic 4-3 defensive tackles. They are playing out of position in this scheme. We should not be playing a 3-4 with our personnel. We don’t have DE or LB for it.

Hmmmm...They are just average. That is pretty much it.

I saw Indiana mesh leaving the flat wide open for the RB running a route for a first down plus and Indiana knew it was going to be open. It's not just players It's scheme too.

Don’t really have DE’s for a 4-3 either. Or OLB for that matter.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Frost isn’t recruiting at the level needed to cover up his staffs incompetency regardless of who is graduating. Maybe someday they will lead us to the pinstripe bowl.

According to Rivals, Purdue has more 4*s than we do. We're not doing well enough recruiting, and it gets even harder when the product on the field is dogshit.

Reactions: CatColumbia
According to Rivals, Purdue has more 4*s than we do. We're not doing well enough recruiting, and it gets even harder when the product on the field is dogshit.

Yep, but the kool aid drinkers want to believe Frost is finding “diamonds in the rough” that will magically make him better.

Sure, at some point he may be able to get to 8 wins if he’s lucky but is he building a program that will compete for championships? Not even close.

But, the good news is it appears the staff has set themselves up(again) to have more time to recruit over the holidays.

I didn’t watch this game but I’m not impressed with our coaching this year, really at any level. And I love Frost and I want him to win.

But our product on the field has way more bad than good. I don’t want to see players get thrown under the bus. I believe a lot of football is attitude and I just don’t see it.

Good luck, Frost. This is going to be the hardest thing you’ve probably ever had to do.

I wanna see the film of Lamar Jackson's improvement. The guy has ovaries.

Yep, but the kool aid drinkers want to believe Frost is finding “diamonds in the rough” that will magically make him better.

Sure, at some point he may be able to get to 8 wins if he’s lucky but is he building a program that will compete for championships? Not even close.

But, the good news is it appears the staff has set themselves up(again) to have more time to recruit over the holidays.

I mean, the Kool aid drinkers said the same crap when Bo and Frank and Riley were around. We don't need stars, we get all these diamonds in the rough!!

Our best years under Bo came with players that were recruited by the last HC here that recruited at a high level (Callahan).

Nothing is going to change until Frost gets rid of Chinander. We're going to be in shootout out after shootout, because our defensive coordinator has no idea what gap integrity is. Players are constantly out of position. 20 games in that is no longer on the players.

Nothing is going to change until Frost gets rid of Chinander. We're going to be in shootout out after shootout, because our defensive coordinator has no idea what gap integrity is. Players are constantly out of position. 20 games in that is no longer on the players.

Frost wants to be in a shootout, his whole philosophy is we're going to score a whole lot of points and try to get turnovers on defense. He literally said when hired that our defense isn't going to hold teams to low points because of the pace of his offense, and the agressiveness of the defense.

Unless we start pulling in Top 10 recruiting classes, I'm not sure this philosophy will work in the Big Ten. Too many good coaches and disciplined teams in this league.

Frost isn’t recruiting at the level needed to cover up his staffs incompetency regardless of who is graduating. Maybe someday they will lead us to the pinstripe bowl.

B1G doesn't care what happened in the AAC or Pac 12. This league is stacked in terms of coaches & schemes. Throw the big $ at an elite D coordinator & watch it grow.

I agree, our scheme is bad.....its a lazy scheme....sit back and wait for a team to make mistakes instead of forcing mistakes...3 out of the last 4 games where the flood gates opened and points starting pouring out...Yes, we do need to recruit better, but look at Oklahoma(gave up 48) and Texas (gave up 37 and 48 last week) they have a lot of talent but didnt stop them from getting whipped... Talent is nothing without the right play caller...I feel we need to look to Alabama and try to grab one of their assistants(DL, LB, or DB coaches) and see if he can bring their style of D here...just my opinion/plan

Yes, if the players who step in for those that graduate are better.

They need to be replaced by better players or the shit show will continue.

Also doesn't help that we have some coaches that if fired today would struggle to land division II jobs.

You can look at the freshman and sophomres being the only guys on offense producing to know frost is getting better talent to campus than what was here when he arrived.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
At some point it's not on the players. ITS on the coaches

Bingo! This will eventually resonate with the majority on this board. What I’m seeing in Chins is the same what I saw with: Craig B., Cosgrove, Pelini, Banker, Diaco. The sunshine pumpers will blame the previous coach for leaving lack of talent but the reality is, you either cut it or you don’t. I never liked the Chins hire but he was part of the package to get our Golden Boy. Only cure to cover up coaching deficiencies is recruiting and we’re not recruiting enough ballers on the defensive side of things to give me hope that Chins will ever get it done here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT