ADVERTISEMENT

Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real science takes years of unbiased collection of data and you let the data speak for itself. We can't even predict the weather out two weeks with any certainty. The earth is getting warmer but we don't know why. That's where the science goes out the window. Then we're left with filling the blanks with using the SWAG Method... Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

The stupidity is thick in this thread.

Rover, you are out of your depth. Simply because we cannot predict the weather with a high degree of certainty beyond a week or two does not logically lead to the conclusion that we cannot make meaningful predictions about climate.

However, I think your agenda is clear. It has nothing to do with science. You've made up your mind, and your mind is closed.

The science is fairly straightforward. CO2 is rising in the Earth's atmosphere. We know, with certainty, that this CO2 is due to human activities. The rising of CO2, along with other greenhouse gases, is altering the planet's energy balance. That, over time, has resulted in (and will continue to result in) a warmer planet.

The science behind this is relatively clear. And we ignore it at our own peril.

Question for those in the know. Serious question.

So when CO2 does raise really high, along with greenhouse gases, what happens?

Why must we die?
What will actually cause us to die when the earth's temperatures rise (to a temperature that is less than prehistoric times)?
Is it less related to temperature and more related to humans destroying rainforests and ridding the world of things that product oxygen?

I found this when Googling:

"What is clear, and what is beyond dispute, is that we are living in a time of very, very elevated extinction rates, on the order that you would see in a mass extinction, though a mass extinction might take many thousands of years to play out."

"The link between rapid climate change and human extinction is basically this: the planet becomes uninhabitable for humans if the average temperature goes up by 4° to 6°C."

So if the temperature rises, the oxygen will disappear and we cannot breathe?
Dinosaurs survived a 10 degree Celsius temperature change...well, there were similar species, but many became extinct from one period to the next (not caused by humans) but still lived and thrived.

Lush subtropical forests grew in polar regions back then and oceans were much higher than today. So maybe these would replace the rainforests in South America that humans are destroying.
So if forests would grow in the polar regions, wouldn't that create more oxygen?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other day I heard on the 'farm radio show' that El Niño was causing the ocean temperatures to rise and this happens every 2 to 7 years.

El Niño events are associated with a warming of the central and eastern tropical Pacific, while La Niña events are the reverse, with a sustained cooling of these same areas. These changes in the Pacific Ocean and its overlying atmosphere occur in a cycle known as the El Niño–Southern Oscillation (ENSO).

Today's news:
El Niño is dead, scientists declared Thursday. It was 17 months old. The infamous climate pattern defined by warmer-than-average Pacific Ocean water is likely to be succeeded by its cooler kid sister, La Niña.

So I guess the Pacific Ocean is getting ready to cool off and California will be even dryer.

The stupidity is thick in this thread.

Rover, you are out of your depth. Simply because we cannot predict the weather with a high degree of certainty beyond a week or two does not logically lead to the conclusion that we cannot make meaningful predictions about climate.

However, I think your agenda is clear. It has nothing to do with science. You've made up your mind, and your mind is closed.

The science is fairly straightforward. CO2 is rising in the Earth's atmosphere. We know, with certainty, that this CO2 is due to human activities. The rising of CO2, along with other greenhouse gases, is altering the planet's energy balance. That, over time, has resulted in (and will continue to result in) a warmer planet.

The science behind this is relatively clear. And we ignore it at our own peril.

Ignore it at our own peril???
You mean like China?

I'm just straight up impressed by the single minded pursuit of the man made global warming crowd. They literally have no shame and will throw tons of unsubstantiated data against the wall till something sticks. I was born in the 1970's and went to this movie called Earthquake. All the alarmists screamed how California was going to fall into the ocean. Did it happen???? But I thought we were at some grand tipping point for the San Andres Fault??? All the data of showed the stress was growing exponentially and doom was eminent. Numbers can be manipulated to show what you want even in the most basic of situations. Well, the planet isn't basic and the variables are numerous. Why is it we're always 20 years from certain doom if nothing is done right now????????? It's because in that time frame the con men can steal and not be held accountable when doomsday never comes. They just manufacturer another catastrophe and add another 15 years this time. The cycle will never end because social engineering is their endgame. How many billions has been taxed or seized all at the alter of these charlatans??? We're all going to die because of the Amazon being cut down. We're all going to die because the ice is melting. We're all going to die because of mmassive hurricanes. We're all going to die because of a certain ice age. We're all going to die because of a boiling earth. We're gonna take your money cause we're smarter then you and we care. And most importantly we know what's going to happen cause we have the data... right???

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
hqdefault.jpg

Remember when the family would load up into the trustee conversion van for the holiday trip? Man made global warming killed these vehicles in America yet China is polluting on the grandest of scales???

Last edited:
In all the history of these types of threads, has anyone ever had an opinion changed? Doubtful. Meanwhile we keep pumping co2 into the atmosphere by way of powering the devices we use to post.

The data shows that the Earth has clearly been warming up over the last century or so.

What is the cause of this?
I believe i Climate Change. The world naturally goes through cycles of Warming and Cooling. How much man effects the changes is open to debate by scientists on both sides of the spectrum.

I believe i Climate Change. The world naturally goes through cycles of Warming and Cooling. How much man effects the changes is open to debate by scientists on both sides of the spectrum.
I agree. But one side would want to live their life in peace and be good stewards of the Earth. The other side has confiscated billions and billions of dollars in their pursuit.

I'm just straight up impressed by the single minded pursuit of the man made global warming crowd. They literally have no shame and will throw tons of unsubstantiated data against the wall till something sticks. I was born in the 1970's and went to this movie called Earthquake. All the alarmists screamed how California was going to fall into the ocean. Did it happen???? But I thought we were at some grand tipping point for the San Andres Fault??? All the data of showed the stress was growing exponentially and doom was eminent. Numbers can be manipulated to show what you want even in the most basic of situations. Well, the planet isn't basic and the variables are numerous. Why is it we're always 20 years from certain doom if nothing is done right now????????? It's because in that time frame the con men can steal and not be held accountable when doomsday never comes. They just manufacturer another catastrophe and add another 15 years this time. The cycle will never end because social engineering is their endgame. How many billions has been taxed or seized all at the alter of these charlatans??? We're all going to die because of the Amazon being cut down. We're all going to die because the ice is melting. We're all going to die because of mmassive hurricanes. We're all going to die because of a certain ice age. We're all going to die because of a boiling earth. We're gonna take your money cause we're smarter then you and we care. And most importantly we know what's going to happen cause we have the data... right???
Your multiple question-mark game is strong. I bet I know where that was taught, because you won't see that in Encyclopedia Brittanica.

In all the history of these types of threads, has anyone ever had an opinion changed?

Absolutely. My opinion has changed on a few things based on the posts in this thread. However, my views on climate change and global warming / cooling have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT