ADVERTISEMENT

Gebbia is transferring

In some ways, this doesn't surprise me.

There were so many times I wanted to type that Gebbia is a punk on these boards, but did not, as I knew you guys would crucify me.

Why would I say that? The stuff that comes out of his mouth is disingenuous. He goes out of his way to try to say the right thing, but you can tell that it's all bullshit. At least that is the way I took it.

It's like the brown noser kid that sat in the first row that acted like a good teammate, but the reality is he's a back stabber.

How could I do that to 'MY TEAM'.. I about choked, when I heard that.

Over and over he opened his mouth, and everytime it was as if he just dug his own grave a little deeper.

I'm glad he is moving on.

Tristan Gebbia is a punk!

Jeesh man, the kid is doing exactly what most people would do. He sees a younger player take his spot from him, and he sees that he is not a perfect fit for this offense. Gotta go where your skillset is better utilized.

I think it's pretty cool that he stuck around after he found out that we would be running a dual-threat system. He gave it his shot, and is now moving on. Can't fault the kid.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_e5f83c4d-74bb-54e5-955c-3d0bad8dd409.html

After saying its not about who starts its about team and who can win - hmmm appears that was a load of BS
Well, sort of...

"At the end of the day, it's not about me, it's not about Adrian, it's not about Andrew, it's not about Noah (Vedral) — it's about the wins and losses columns and advancing people's careers," Gebbia said. "A lot of guys on this team have dreams and aspirations of becoming NFL players. There are guys with really important goals. A lot of guys are playing for their families. They love the game and want to play as long as they can, just like all of us quarterbacks."

What's the point in following Nebraska football if you don't let it affect you emotionally? When you watch a game do you sit there like a robot and don't care how we're playing? You don't cheer when we score a touchdown and yell at the tv when we give up one? I do both of those things and wouldn't even watch if I couldn't.

This is a crappy situation that left us with 1 scholarship qb able to play this year. This easily could cost us a game or two or possibly more this year if Martinez gets banged up.
You care enough to let a 19 year-old's decision bother you? Yikes!

Well, sort of...

"At the end of the day, it's not about me, it's not about Adrian, it's not about Andrew, it's not about Noah (Vedral) — it's about the wins and losses columns and advancing people's careers," Gebbia said. "A lot of guys on this team have dreams and aspirations of becoming NFL players. There are guys with really important goals. A lot of guys are playing for their families. They love the game and want to play as long as they can, just like all of us quarterbacks."

Imagine that. It matters, when trying to understand someone's position on something, to actually read the whole thing and not just cherry pick the claim that makes your point ...

Did I attack you or something? why do you feel you have the right to attack me when we just do not feel the same way on a particular topic. Whichever way you want to shake it this only helps Gebbia and not NU and since I am an NU fan and not a Gebbia fan I tend to lean on the program side

By the way how do you know he is a good kid is this a friend of yours or something? if so and you have some inside information please share
Did Gebbia attack you or something? Why do you feel you have the right to attack him?

You can be an NU fan, not dog on Gebbia and wish him luck all at the same time. Which fortunately that's what most posters here are doing.

Reactions: saluno22
When you tell somebody you are going to do something personally, you do it. Don't have somebody else do it.
Do you have some unique insight that Frost actually told Gebbia that Frost himself was going to let him know?

I get that Martinez is younger, I get that Gebbia has already used his redshirt season, I get that the offense has changed, ect. I get all of the reasons why Gebbia would want to transfer... but him being upset that Frost himself didn't tell him seems to be a VERY petty reason to transfer and it seems highly unlikely that this is actually the reason.

And if it was your son who was highly rated and had NFL aspirations, you'd be be on the phone talking to other schools right now, if you didn't already have a contingency plan in place.
All of the club sports, my kid first Dads I know would throw dear old NU out in a heart beat if their kid had half the potential Gebbua has.

He came here to play for a different coach and in a different offense. Just take a look at who they are recruiting. Genoa knows he’s not a fit.

So how did the handling of this keep Gebbia from leaving?

It's been announced that he's transferring
Well, it was supposed to, as most guys would have better character to not dump on their current teammates for this season.

Man, some of you guys crack me the f--- up. We had plenty who did the equivalent or similar to what TG has just done in the past. Our current HC is one of them. You can also add our only QB Heisman winner as well good ole' Tommie. They all had QB controversies, transferred schools, sat out, whined to the press. You name it.

Jeesh man, the kid is doing exactly what most people would do. He sees a younger player take his spot from him, and he sees that he is not a perfect fit for this offense. Gotta go where your skillset is better utilized.

I think it's pretty cool that he stuck around after he found out that we would be running a dual-threat system. He gave it his shot, and is now moving on. Can't fault the kid.
Disagree, not 5 days before your season opener. If he couldn't make the #1 slot by next spring, then sure, I would understand it. But you put that together with all the stuff that came out of his mouth this summer.. well I saw that and called it out on this board, but ppl didn't want to hear it I guess. I think he's of low character, and deserves to be called out for it. He has a better shot playing this year for NU than for anyone else. But to be honest, I'm over it already, as I have stated what I thought of the kid, and today he just showed everyone who he is, when the chips are down. SO, I don't give a rat's behind about him or anything about his future, because we don't need unreliable people like that around this program, and better to find out about it now, than later when a game is on the line. I can't believe the number of apologists that are defending that sort of behavior, from a QB no less who told you this was his home and on and on and on etc.

Well, it was supposed to, as most guys would have better character to not dump on their current teammates for this season.

So let me get this straight, it takes character to wait until after school starts to announce a decision that you thought would keep a kid from transferring, but when that plan fails, the kid has character issues for transferring? Sounds errrrrr logical??

LOL. Then blame player for leaving at an inopportune time when he was put in that situation in the first place by his duplicitous and conniving coach.

I'd rather just admit there was a legitimate QB controversy. The costs associated with denying what others took at face value are turning out to be very high indeed.

How in the hell are you blaming Frost? This is ludicrous.
I’m not. I’m saying people will. Sorry my post read is if that was my point of view, as if I’ll blame him. I think people will if this season turns

I might be the biggest Frost fan on this board. I almost named my kid Frosty but my wife vetoed it

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
So let me get this straight, it takes character to wait until after school starts to announce a decision that you thought would keep a kid from transferring, but when that plan fails, the kid has character issues for transferring? Sounds errrrrr logical??
you're not making any sense

The kid stated this was his team and his home.. SF was right to be concerned about him transferring, I just think nobody thought he would wait until after classes had started to do it, so it seems like something that would not have been anticipated, and why they dragged the supposed QB battle on for as long as they did, which probably had something to do with his reaction too.

LOL. Then blame player for leaving at an inopportune time when he was put in that situation in the first place by his duplicitous and conniving coach.

I'd rather just admit there was a legitimate QB controversy. The costs associated with denying what others took at face value are turning out to be very high indeed.
Oh it's funny now, all you guys were accusing me of saying SF was a liar and this and that earlier this month..

The coach and the team needed that guy, and he bailed on them because of his low character.

you're not making any sense

The kid stated this was his team and his home.. SF was right to be concerned about him transferring, I just think nobody thought he would wait until after classes had started to do it, so it seems like something that would not have been anticipated, and why they dragged the supposed QB battle on for as long as they did, which probably had something to do with his reaction too.

You said Frost is waiting to announce the decision until after school started to stop Gebbia from transferring.

You then bash a kid for having no character, when this alleged deceitful plan fails.

You are making no sense.

You said Frost is waiting to announce the decision until after school started to stop Gebbia from transferring.

You then bash a kid for having no character, when this alleged deceitful plan fails.

You are making no sense.

In his defense, he is saying SF is a lowlife too. I’d rather just think both of them are decent people.

And I’d rather hold adults to higher standards than college student, and coaches to higher standards than players.

Oh it's funny now, all you guys were accusing me of saying SF was a liar and this and that earlier this month..

The coach and the team needed that guy, and he bailed on them because of his low character.

What evidence did you adduce in favor of that view at the time?

You are making no sense.
No, you all told me that wasn't the case, it was a real QB competition and that there was no way SF was a liar... they were really neck and neck..

So if that is the REAL narrative, then I do blame the kid. I'm just going with your narrative.

The fact is, I got it right but that's ok.. twist it however you want.

If I found out that the coaching staff was blowing smoke up my ass and that the only reason I was told there was a QB competition was so I wouldn't transfer, then I would be pissed too. If that's what the staff did, then they gambled and lost. Also, if true, it's a BS thing to do.

If I found out that the coaching staff was blowing smoke up my ass and that the only reason I was told there was a QB competition was so I wouldn't transfer, then I would be pissed too. If that's what the staff did, then they gambled and lost. Also, if true, it's a BS thing to do.
The other side of that coin is, the coach has to keep depth on the team and win games. So in some ways, SF is in a no win situation too.

You can go back and read the QB threads from this month.

I have better things to do with my time than look through all 18 of those threads. Can you just tell us whether you based your conclusion, which you arrived at a month ago, off anything more than a hunch? And if so, what it was?

If SF was going to create a fake QB controversy to keep TG from transferring, he didn't do a very good job, lol. Tinfoil much?
He should have waited another couple more days instead of announcing the day before classes began.

It's amazing isn't it? I've deleteted numerous posts calling him a POS, etc. This board never ceases to amaze me. Frankly I should really expect it by now.

I just hope he doesn't have a dog.

I have better things to do with my time than look through all 18 of those threads. Can you just tell us whether you based your conclusion, which you arrived at a month ago, off anything more than a hunch? And if so, what it was?
It was a lot of things, reading the tea leaves.. things people said, and a little reverse psychology, but it doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT