ADVERTISEMENT

Gebbia is transferring

Very smart and the right thing to do.
Do you want to be a starter or back up?
The window for him to be a starter at P5 is very short, do it now, don't pass up your lifetime dream.

Because if he won the job, no need for a contingency. That is sort of the point of having a contingency plan. If things do go as planned, I will do this. ha ha ha Contingency plans don't need to be shared. If I don't get this promotion to Assistant Principal, my contingency plan is to go to another school district and get a AP job there. I don't need to tell the decision makers that I have a plan in case I don't get the job I am interviewing for.

Good gravy man.
Many people do exactly that - Look I want this promotion and I love it here but other places have offered - This happens all the time

What I believe he should have done is wait til the end of the season - then its not just about him - now some P5 coach that is interested in him is going to wonder will he just bail on me if he doesnt get his way

Its dumb and a bit of FU to the coaches and players given what all his verbiage has been to date

In some ways, this doesn't surprise me.

There were so many times I wanted to type that Gebbia is a punk on these boards, but did not, as I knew you guys would crucify me.

Why would I say that? The stuff that comes out of his mouth is disingenuous. He goes out of his way to try to say the right thing, but you can tell that it's all bullshit. At least that is the way I took it.

It's like the brown noser kid that sat in the first row that acted like a good teammate, but the reality is he's a back stabber.

How could I do that to 'MY TEAM'.. I about choked, when I heard that.

Over and over he opened his mouth, and everytime it was as if he just dug his own grave a little deeper.

I'm glad he is moving on.

Tristan Gebbia is a punk!

There were so many times I wanted to type that Gebbia is a punk on these boards, but did not, as I knew you guys would crucify me.

Why would I say that? The stuff that comes out of his mouth is disingenuous. He goes out of his way to try to say the right thing, but you can tell that it's all bullshit. At least that is the way I took it.

It's like the brown noser kid that sat in the first row that acted like a good teammate, but the reality is he's a back stabber.

Over and over he opened his mouth, and everytime it was as if he just dug his own grave a little deeper.

I'm glad he is moving on. Get the F out you piece of garbage.

Feel better?

I'm glad he is moving on. Get the F out you piece of garbage.

Somebody stuck a mic in his face and he said what you're taught to say when there's a mic in your face.

You're telling me you wanted the kid to look at Sipple or whoever and go, "Yeah if I don't get this job I'm outta here. Adrian's cool and everything but if he starts I'm leaving."

017.png

Reactions: timnsun
Love the picture...shows how skinny and unimpressive he is...he should spend another year in the system...bulk up bit, learn from some great qb minds, and maybe come in and play. When a guy transfers this quickly it seems to me he has no chance in the system. He must be WAY behind because if Martinez is blinded by the lights next Saturday Gebbia is in.
I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but not here. I don’t think it’s worth a year of eligibility to wait and see if Martinez either fails or gets injured. Some people play the lottery hoping for a big pay day even when the odds are slim to none while others chose to keep their guaranteed money and maybe invest it elsewhere with better odds of success. Neither person is wrong, but I don’t blame Gebbia one bit for not choosing the lotto ticket.

*I confused Solana with SoCal when I stated I agreed with most of his posts

Last edited:
So you

would rather him give an ultimatum to the coaches? Makes sense..
why does it have to be an ultimatum how about honesty - hey coach I love it here and want to stay, I am not asking for special treatment and I will do everything I can to start if it doesnt work out however I will need to try a pro style system which fits my skill set better

Oh, you may be right, however it still paints him as disingenuous. If he wants out then fine. I was never sold on him anyway and he needs to put on 25 pounds before he's going to get an FBS job.
Wonder what would be said if Gebbia was named starter?

hey did I attack the kid or you for that matter why attack me - the kid said one thing and did another in the process he bailed on teammates and coaches even though they supported him - transfer at the end of the year fine 5 days before the first game is pretty selfish and low life if you ask - either way quit making personal attacks against someone who does not agree with your take on things
1) Gebbia is transferring after he wasn't name the starting QB. If Martinez was named starter 3 weeks ago, Gebbia most likely would have transferred at that time. Now it wouldn't have been a selfish and low life decision?

2) SnohomishRed: Hey I'm not attacking Gebbia.
Still SnohomishRed: Gebbia transferring now is pretty selfish and low life.

why does it have to be an ultimatum how about honesty - hey coach I love it here and want to stay, I am not asking for special treatment and I will do everything I can to start if it doesnt work out however I will need to try a pro style system which fits my skill set better

How about he just go out there and bust his ass and try to win the job. Which by all accounts he did. If he wins the job, great, plan A worked, if he doesn’t, time to move to plan B. That decision doesn’t need to include Scott Frost.

If a kid goes into the office of a football coach and says I am transferring if I don’t win this job, no matter how he sugarcoats it with all the niceties that you outlined, the coach is going to think 1 of 2 things, 1) the player doesn’t think he is going to win the job or 2) he is giving me an ultimatum. Neither will be looked at positively.

I just wonder how many of the prima donnas on this board would act if they were in Gebbia's shoes. Sounds like he had some players on his side also. Be honest with yourself if you were looking at him and he were in this same situation for any other college football team you would be agreeing with his decision. He has to do what he thinks is best for him for the rest of his career. Sorry but he has to put himself first. Team first is a fine thought but right now he has to think what is best for him and his career first no matter what. That is life and that is the right thing for him to do for himself! And everyone here would agree with that if this was any other football team other than NEBRASKA.

I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but not here. I don’t think it’s worth a year of eligibility to wait and see if Martinez either fails or gets injured. Some people play the lottery hoping for a big pay day even when the odds are slim to none while others chose to keep their guaranteed money and maybe invest it elsewhere with better odds of success. Neither person is wrong, but I don’t blame Gebbia one bit for not choosing the lotto ticket.
You usually agree with Solana's posts? Finding out that someone usually agrees with Solana is more alarming than the Gebbia transfer.

Somebody stuck a mic in his face and he said what you're taught to say when there's a mic in your face.

You're telling me you wanted the kid to look at Sipple or whoever and go, "Yeah if I don't get this job I'm outta here. Adrian's cool and everything but if he starts I'm leaving."
The kid has been lying about this and that from the get go.. he has been pretty vocal, and I think it's all been empty.

This is why some people are angry. This whole idea of team, and everyone moving in one direction, and then you got a punk like him, who just pulls the rug out the week before the first game.

It shows you what he is really made of.

He had a big opportunity here if things went south with AM. But he didn't even want to do that, it was all about TG, and so yeah, I think the kid deserves all the crap he gets for his actions.

Because........, maybe just maybe he thought he’d win it here?

He was confident, and now maybe realized that he does need a pro style, and there’s only a few days not to screw himself out of an extra year on his clock.

It's his decision but IMO Gebbia is really playing the short game with this. Worked his butt off for 8 months and is one play away from starting. At a minimum, go through spring ball next year and see where you stand with AMart and Vedral.
My only theory for the quick departure is that the QB battle was not as close as what the coaches made it seem. Once the final depth chart came out, Gebbia knew he had little chance to gain the starting spot.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
The kid has been lying about this and that from the get go.. he has been pretty vocal, and I think it's all been empty, or worse, just lies.

This is why some people are angry. This whole idea of team, and everyone moving in one direction, and then you got a punk like him, who just pulls the rug out the week before the first game.

He had a big opportunity here if things went south with AM. But he didn't even want to do that, it was all about TG, and so yeah, I think the kid deserves all the crap he gets for his actions.

So what do Frost, Vedral and Neal deserve for leaving UCF after 2 years of saying how much they loved Orlando and UCF? Is there enough crap to go around?

I'm glad he is moving on.

Or he was trying to remain positive & confident. How is he a back stabber?

This is petty shit I can't stand when grown men act tough and call out a college player who hasn't trashed the Nebraska name and is, God forbid, looking out for himself. You're right, you would have been crucified and should be now.

People calling him a "pussy" and a POS and questioning his manhood freaking kill me. ALL we have ever heard of was how hard he works, his commitment to getting better, and how well he got along with is players. This isn't about a kid abandoning his team, its about wanting to lead a team, and understanding that he has almost no chance to do that here, even if he outplayed Martinez, which I'm sure he felt he did. He didn't shrink from anything, he just has a very limited window to do what he has always wanted to do. I wish to gawd he was staying, but I don't fault him for trying to fulfill his dream, because it isn't happening here.
Yeah because real leaders leave their team a week before the season starts. Don't know why anyone would follow a leader who will leave them at the drop of a hat.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
My only theory for the quick departure is that the QB battle was not as close as what the coaches made it seem. Once the final depth chart came out, Gebbia knew he had little chance to gain the starting spot.

He had little chance to gain the starting spot because Frost said Martinez gave the team a better shot at winning. Period.

The quick departure is so he can get enrolled somewhere this fall and still have a chance to play 3 years as a starter somewhere.

1) Gebbia is transferring after he wasn't name the starting QB. If Martinez was named starter 3 weeks ago, Gebbia most likely would have transferred at that time. Now it wouldn't have been a selfish and low life decision?

2) SnohomishRed: Hey I'm not attacking Gebbia.
Still SnohomishRed: Gebbia transferring now is pretty selfish and low life.
The question is why do you and others condone what he did

1. Yes if he had transferred three weeks its different than 5 days before the first game - absolutely thats three weeks of Bunch getting more snaps yes it would have been better
2. What someone does is not a personal attack he is/was selfish and yes it was pretty low

You can agree with his reasons all you want how and the timing of this does not reflect well on him

anyhow enough - none of it matters at this point

The kid has been lying about this and that from the get go.. he has been pretty vocal, and I think it's all been empty.

According to Frost he knew AM was the guy a week ago, but has been lying his ass off this past week saying it's too close to call.. He's definitely a punk just like when he transferred in college. What say you?

Reactions: PapioGBR73
And if it was your son who was highly rated and had NFL aspirations, you'd be be on the phone talking to other schools right now, if you didn't already have a contingency plan in place.
I would have done it in the spring. Not now.

Now it looks like he is only concerned with himself. When you play a team sport, the well-being of the team should be your concern. Now is not the time to make this move. If he wanted to leave, he needed to do it before spending a month with his brothers while preparing for the season.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
According to Frost he knew AM was the guy a week ago, but has been lying his ass off this past week saying it's too close to call.. He's definitely a punk just like when he transferred in college. What say you?
Well I was the a-hole on this board telling you all that the QB battle was bs and a dog and pony show to keep TG from leaving. Go back and look.

To those that think SF is some kind of saint, he isn't.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I would have done it in the spring. Not now.

Now it looks like he is only concerned with himself. When you play a team sport, the well-being of the team should be your concern. Now is not the time to make this move. If he wanted to leave, he needed to do it before spending a month with his brothers while preparing for the season.

He didn't want to leave, that's why he is leaving now, because he knows that he won't sniff the field short of an injury. He wanted to be here, that should be obvious to everyone.

Reactions: timnsun and HuskerO
I think it was a hot headed move. Probably done out of emotion vs logic. I believe if the QB battle was as close as it seems, he had a very realistic shot to play and maybe take the starting job from Martinez.
However I don't fault him for wanting to move on and play. As I said in an earlier post, he is very talented and there are many good schools he could be starting for. I wish him the best and hope he finds what he is looking for.

RollingLaugh @ all you fvcking cry babies letting a kids decision affect you emotionally.

giphy.gif
What's the point in following Nebraska football if you don't let it affect you emotionally? When you watch a game do you sit there like a robot and don't care how we're playing? You don't cheer when we score a touchdown and yell at the tv when we give up one? I do both of those things and wouldn't even watch if I couldn't.

This is a crappy situation that left us with 1 scholarship qb able to play this year. This easily could cost us a game or two or possibly more this year if Martinez gets banged up.

Exactly, it’s selfish for any husker fan to expect Tristan to ride the bench for 3 years barring injury just so our 3 deep is solid. Many on here are suggesting he’s a poor teammate b/c he’s “quitting on his team,” yet you’re not poor husker fans b/c you bash a hardworking husker for chasing his dreams.
He's not a Husker. I think he's made that clear enough.

Reactions: Huskerpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT