ADVERTISEMENT

Tristan Gebbia

BHoppy

Walk On
Jun 26, 2001
SIAP, did not realize Tristan Gebbia was still playing and at Ohio State. Now is the back up QB.

Tristan Gebbia, an Oregon State transfer who began his career at Nebraska, will serve as McCord's primary backup while Brown is out. Lincoln Kienholz, a true freshman, also will be in the rotation. Neither player has seen the field for the Buckeyes this season.

"Tristan has really got a great understanding of what we're trying to do, and Lincoln's growing every day, I think he's got a bright future," Day said. "So if need be, those guys will be ready to go."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38730272/ohio-state-backup-qb-devin-brown-leg-several-weeks

request-after-7-years-ive-finally-been-promoted-can-someone-v0-47qvs8cd6z1b1.png

Because he bailed on the team right before the beginning of the season?
To me, it made sense as to why he did it, and I don't blame him.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway, he wasn't going to be the answer for Nebraska & at best (for Frost) having Gebbia around when AM went down would've covered up Frost's coaching deficiencies.

Last edited:
SIAP, did not realize Tristan Gebbia was still playing and at Ohio State. Now is the back up QB.

Tristan Gebbia, an Oregon State transfer who began his career at Nebraska, will serve as McCord's primary backup while Brown is out. Lincoln Kienholz, a true freshman, also will be in the rotation. Neither player has seen the field for the Buckeyes this season.

"Tristan has really got a great understanding of what we're trying to do, and Lincoln's growing every day, I think he's got a bright future," Day said. "So if need be, those guys will be ready to go."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38730272/ohio-state-backup-qb-devin-brown-leg-several-weeks
He’s gotta be 30 by now

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Nope Frost blew this. Blame the kid if you want, but this is all on Frost and not being up front from the jump. He didn't want to lose a backup QB so lied to Gebbia. Gebbia was never going to start for Frost, but Frost led him along until the last minute, telling him that the race was close blah blah blah, Gebbia found loophole and stuck it back at Frost.

Never had an issue with how Gebbia handled it.

Nope Frost blew this. Blame the kid if you want, but this is all on Frost and not being up front from the jump. He didn't want to lose a backup QB so lied to Gebbia. Gebbia was never going to start for Frost, but Frost led him along until the last minute, telling him that the race was close blah blah blah, Gebbia found loophole and stuck it back at Frost.

Bingo. Even Harry Potter eluded to it. I have zero connections now, but trust me, Frost effed that up bad.

Reactions: Baxter48
Bingo. Even Harry Potter eluded to it. I have zero connections now, but trust me, Frost effed that up bad.
I've said this before, will say it again:

Harry Potter is one of the great literary heroes

using his name as any sort of slight makes quite literally zero sense

Agreed. People seem to reinvent how it went down.

Reactions: HuskerDana
How the heck is he still playing?
Came in the same class as Brendan Jaimes who left here eons ago. Heck, entire civilizations have formed and disbanded since then.
Year seven?
Made me literally laugh out loud😆

If Frost waits one more week to name a starter the window to transfer to Oregon St is closed. We win the Colorado and Troy games with Gebbia in relief and going bowling in 2018

By all accounts it was a dead heat btwn Gebbia and AM

Reactions: HuskerO
yeah as he was being jerked around by Scott Frost who thought the transfer portal window had closed as he then named AM the starter. I don't blame Gebbia at all.

Reactions: HuskerO
Ideal scenario, us playing Ohio State for the B1G championship and Gebbia has to start for them. He throws 6ints and finally helps us win the conference championship. Thus completing his college football journey.
What an I'm imagination you have ! He will start for Ohio State and Nebraska in the BIG championship. Not in this lifetime my friend !

yeah as he was being jerked around by Scott Frost who thought the transfer portal window had closed as he then named AM the starter. I don't blame Gebbia at all.
So this is where it gets confusing – frost didn’t know when the portal closed and named a.m. as a starter too early, or frost named AM as a starter so both with know coming into the season?

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT