ADVERTISEMENT

FSU gets the shaft

Did you stretch before all these mental gymnastics? Did you watch Auburn get destroyed by New Mexico St then watch bama need some ref help and miracle to beat them?

Don’t claim eye test… but then fall victim to confirmation bias. Your argument is weak, and you should feel bad for even pushing it
The simple most obvious argument is, all if the undefeated P5 champions deserved to be the first ones in. The last spot would come down to the remaining P5 champions with 1 loss, Texas and Alabama. Since Texas beat Alabama head to head early in the season, Texas gets the 4th and final spot.

I won’t watch any of it…it’s all a joke
Will definitely watch, because it’s fun seeing talented teams. Something to aspire to, ya know?

FSU got jobbed. Their AD write a scathing letter, should read. CFP committee just outed themselves as a bunch of dipshits obviously owned by the SEC.

This permanently stains CFP. They have as much validity as federal elections now.

The simple most obvious argument is, all if the undefeated P5 champions deserved to be the first ones in. The last spot would come down to the remaining P5 champions with 1 loss, Texas and Alabama. Since Texas beat Alabama head to head early in the season, Texas gets the 4th and final spot.
This is precisely why they gave FSU the shaft. They were going to get the SEC in, one way or the other, and they apparently felt that giving FSU the shaft would be accepted by the sheep more easily than if they gave Texas the shaft (since they're the team that already beat Bama this year).

I have no doubt whatsoever that if Georgia had won, they'd have placed FSU at #4. This was ENTIRELY about making sure the SEC had someone in it. It screams of bias and corruption.

Did you stretch before all these mental gymnastics? Did you watch Auburn get destroyed by New Mexico St then watch bama need some ref help and miracle to beat them?

Don’t claim eye test… but then fall victim to confirmation bias. Your argument is weak, and you should feel bad for even pushing it
I watched Alabama beat previous #1 Georgia and every other team they faced besides #3 Texas.

Reactions: thall__
You did not see Alabama beat Auburn. Alabama had that game handed to them. And one cannot argue that fact!
Yep, saw that too. I'm trying to figure out your argument...is it record/wins only, style points, both, neither?

Bottom line...I think there are at least 5 teams better than the team FSU will be bringing into the postseason. So with that, I'm out.

Yep, saw that too. I'm trying to figure out your argument...is it record/wins only, style points, both, neither?

Bottom line...I think there are at least 5 teams better than the team FSU will be bringing into the postseason. So with that, I'm out.
Win/loss record should be paramount. Style points (and all other subjective criteria) should always be secondary and only come into consideration when trying to distinguish between teams with an equal win/loss record.

here's how the playoff committee should've picked it:

1) Florida State
2) Washington
3) Liberty
4) South Dakota State

all undefeated teams, as it should be.

you might ask where's Michigan? well, Michigan has made the playoffs in recent years and mom said everyone has to get a turn.

here's how the playoff committee should've picked it:

1) Florida State
2) Washington
3) Liberty
4) South Dakota State

all undefeated teams, as it should be.

you might ask where's Michigan? well, Michigan has made the playoffs in recent years and mom said everyone has to get a turn.
South Dakota State is FCS and Liberty is G5. Different divisions exist for a reason.

clearly struck a nerve

close game with a rival and 2 blowouts over ranked teams? i'm already making you look stupid, you didn't have to help my argument like that buddy.

being stupid is your own problem to fix, not mine.
A 6 win rival from the ACC who you claim is a terrible conference. But has the head to head against the SEC and competes with the top of the SEC better than their own ranked teams. God, you are slow.

Reactions: FissionReaction
doesn't matter, they were undefeated.

surely you're not implying that certain conferences play more meaningful football.
The ACC went 6-4 vs the SEC in head to head competition if that's what you are trying to imply. The SEC isn't the juggernaut they have been in the past and the selection committee failed to take that into account.

Reactions: kidofSN
A 6 win rival from the ACC who you claim is a terrible conference. But has the head to head against the SEC and competes with the top of the SEC better than their own ranked teams. God, you are slow.
how much money are you willing to bet Florida State beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl?

88892b.jpg

The ACC went 6-4 vs the SEC in head to head competition if that's what you are trying to imply. The SEC isn't the juggernaut they have been in the past and the selection committee failed to take that into account.
love the stats, care to dive in or are you just a surface level guy?

regarding the 6 ACC wins:

those SEC teams had a combined record of 33-39, and the ACC teams had a combined record of 53-21.

that means the SEC opponents had an average record of 5-7, while the ACC opponents had an average record of 9-3.

regarding the 4 SEC wins:

those SEC teams had a combined record of 37-12, and the ACC teams had a combined record of 25-23.

that means the SEC opponents had an average record of 9-3, while the ACC opponent had an average record of 6-6.

SEC's average margin of victory was 19, while the ACC's margin of victory was 14.

how much money are you willing to bet Florida State beats Georgia in the Orange Bowl?

Absolutely nothing they say makes sense.
too scared to put your (lack of) money where your mouth is? pussy.

i love Trump.

you and your wife's boyfriend enjoying the city?

those SEC teams had a combined record of 33-39, and the ACC teams had a combined record of 53-21.

that means the SEC opponents had an average record of 5-7, while the ACC opponents had an average record of 9-3.

those SEC teams had a combined record of 37-12, and the ACC teams had a combined record of 25-23.

that means the SEC opponents had an average record of 9-3, while the ACC opponent had an average record of 6-6.

SEC's average margin of victory was 19, while the ACC's margin of victory was 14.
Georgia Tech by 8 lol

I'm a giant pussy and have zero conviction to my opinions
thanks for the honesty.
Surprising… usually sheeple fall in line
i see you deleted this post. embarrassing for you that i saw it first. anyways, i found your opinions here:

Wow.. look at these mental gymnastics.. very flexible .

Here ya go cupcake …you seem like a picture book guy.
888ast.jpg

888b4t.jpg

888bdk.jpg

888blw.jpg

888br7.jpg

@TampaBaySkers thinks BYU is in the ACC 🤣🤣🤣

here's the NYT-owned sports department parroting his exact opinion:

enjoy your feckless, mainstream opinion. feel free to take off your pussy hat and join reality with the rest of us, its liberating.

enjoy your feckless, mainstream opinion. feel free to take off your pussy hat and join reality with the rest of us, its liberating.
When saban takes his balls out of your mouth you may become a bit more objective. Fleeting hopes at best I suppose

You clearly lack any basic understanding of transitive properties.. I was giving you a picture book example of SEC bad loses and then how almighty bama struggled with said teams.

When saban takes his balls out of your mouth you may become a bit more objective. Fleeting hopes at best I suppose
Alabama isn't the best team in the country. feel better, princess?
You clearly lack any basic understanding of transitive properties.. I was giving you a picture book example of SEC bad loses and then how almighty bama struggled with said teams.
"muh transitive property"

South Alabama > Oklahoma State > Oklahoma > Texas > Alabama > Georgia

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Alabama isn't the best team in the country. feel better, princess?

"muh transitive property"

South Alabama > Oklahoma State > Oklahoma > Texas > Alabama > Georgia
Very true.. but the old eyeball test you’re clinging to blows up with my examples.

But please Scope.. post more NYT articles that make you feel good

Very true.. but the old eyeball test you’re clinging to blows up with my examples.

But please Scope.. post more NYT articles that make you feel good
said no such thing. my opinions are based on the results of teams playing in championship environments as seen this past weekend.

you're really emotionally attached to this Florida State thing, and it's clouding your judgment. had Alabama lost to Georgia on Saturday, FSU would absolutely be deserving to be in. had Florida State crushed the Purdue of the ACC, they'd have a better argument, but they played neck and neck with a team that would have no shot to play for a Conference Championship in any other conference.

$200 says Georgia beats Florida State in the Orange Bowl.

This is precisely why they gave FSU the shaft. They were going to get the SEC in, one way or the other, and they apparently felt that giving FSU the shaft would be accepted by the sheep more easily than if they gave Texas the shaft (since they're the team that already beat Bama this year).

I have no doubt whatsoever that if Georgia had won, they'd have placed FSU at #4. This was ENTIRELY about making sure the SEC had someone in it. It screams of bias and corruption.
Just caught up here, and my thoughts exactly in your last paragraph. No question in my mind had Georgia beaten Bama, FSU is in and Texas is out.

How is that not political?

said no such thing. my opinions are based on the results of teams playing in championship environments as seen this past weekend.

you're really emotionally attached to this Florida State thing, and it's clouding your judgment. had Alabama lost to Georgia on Saturday, FSU would absolutely be deserving to be in. had Florida State crushed the Purdue of the ACC, they'd have a better argument, but they played neck and neck with a team that would have no shot to play for a Conference Championship in any other conference.

$200 says Georgia beats Florida State in the Orange Bowl.
You compared fsu to iowa … nothing more needs to be said about your iq.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT